Uh oh, time to hate the French again

Freedom Fries anyone?

Now how childish was that of our leaders.

I wonder if they renamed American Cheese over there when we invaded Iraq?

Unlike us, the French support their own industries. I have seen copious varieties of cheese, but rarely any that are made anywhere other than France.

It is an incredible country, and generally, the French are really, really friendly. In Normandy, I went with my brother (who was there for some D-Day Memorial thing), we had so many French people thanking him and fussing over him that he was embarrassed by the attention. Trouble is, even out of uniform, he looks like a Jarhead. :lol::lol::lol:

Uh....err....hmmmm...

Do I take that as a compliment or an insult?

Please offer my <S> to your bro.

I will indeed pass them on. The only thing worse than being a Jarhead is not being a Jarhead. :eusa_angel:

It was an uncalled for comment if he actually said it.

Is he trying to stir up anger from Americans toward the French?

Likewise, did he forget how we did not turn our backs on Europe at the cost of tens of thousands of American lives?

Did he forget that we, as a people, put more money into the natural disasters reliefs than all other countries combined?

And I am not referring to government releif. I am referring to individuals who made private donations.

He really needs to keep his personal sentiments to himself. It was uncalled for.

Generally, Europe tends to look on us as their 'badly behaved relation'. In the UK, people call me their 'colonial cousin', funnily, none of them are prepared to do DNA tests to prove kinship. They're an arrogant bunch. But... they get seriously pissy when you remind them that having a history is not as important as having a future. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have been called "a silly American" one too many times in my life by those I know and interact with from and still in England.

My response?

You guys wore bright red coats and stood side by side in an open field and went home wondering how you lost the war. And you call Americans silly?

Try it. It will shut them up real quick.

So does telling them that 99 percent of British men have had homosexual experiences while in boarding school.

I have no idea if it's true...it's something I started saying in the 90s, and realized that nobody EVER denied it!

Hey, I live in south Louisiana.... kinda hard to "hate" the French down here.... they're EVERYWHERE.

"Welcome to the club of states who don't turn their back on the sick and the poor" French President Nicolas Sarkozy

It was an uncalled for comment if he actually said it.

Is he trying to stir up anger from Americans toward the French?

Likewise, did he forget how we did not turn our backs on Europe at the cost of tens of thousands of American lives?

Did he forget that we, as a people, put more money into the natural disasters reliefs than all other countries combined?

And I am not referring to government releif. I am referring to individuals who made private donations.

He really needs to keep his personal sentiments to himself. It was uncalled for.
Talk about paranoid.

It will be France calling us for help in a few years to rescue them from the Islamic terrorist that are taking over their country. These idiots let these scum in and take over their own country. riots and looting and burning every summer this is what these loser deserve!!!!

Freedom Fries are on me!

freedom%20fries.jpg

The French are a lot like the Brits at this point. They are still living off their past glories & power. In reality they are both pretty insignificant in today's World. For such weak nations they do an awful lot of meddling in other nations' internal affairs. I'm always surprised that so many nations still allow their meddling. I guess that comes down to how much cash they're receiving from them. You take their cash,you have to accept their meddling i guess. Both of these nations are mere shells of their former selves at this point. Time to stop caring so much about what they think. Hey just my opinion anyway.

Obviously, you judge success by the size of the military.
I judge by the quality of life.

And I judge success by the opportunities that are afforded me.

Whether or not I decide to capitalize on them, that is my decision, my choice or my fault.

And I judge success by the opportunities that are afforded me.

Whether or not I decide to capitalize on them, that is my decision, my choice or my fault.

Because we know that there are no opportunities afforded to anyone in Europe. No way, no how! Nope, no rich people & no chance to become obscenely wealthy...

I, too, believe success is a good quality of life with food, wine, family and friends - the important things. I'm saving my pennies to move abroad, actually. I want to live in a less corporatist-leaning society.

Forum List

Back