Uh oh, time to hate the French again

Freedom Fries anyone?

Now how childish was that of our leaders.

I wonder if they renamed American Cheese over there when we invaded Iraq?

"Amrican do as they please cheese"

Best I can come up with. Trying to work as I navigate this forum.

How'd I do?

Not too well ;)

Hope your work is going better than that post.
It is going just as poorly.
Has not been one of my better weeks so far. And it is only Tuesday.

"Welcome to the club of states who don't turn their back on the sick and the poor" French President Nicolas Sarkozy

We've always been in that club, so his comments are a little late in coming.

Thank you.
Well said.

Now maybe we should ask him when France plans to join the club of those that follow through with commitments.

Uh oh. Something tells me I'm gonna get slammed for that one.

Freedom Fries anyone?

Unlike us, the French support their own industries. I have seen copious varieties of cheese, but rarely any that are made anywhere other than France.

It is an incredible country, and generally, the French are really, really friendly. In Normandy, I went with my brother (who was there for some D-Day Memorial thing), we had so many French people thanking him and fussing over him that he was embarrassed by the attention. Trouble is, even out of uniform, he looks like a Jarhead. :lol::lol::lol:

"Welcome to the club of states who don't turn their back on the sick and the poor" French President Nicolas Sarkozy

It was an uncalled for comment if he actually said it.

Is he trying to stir up anger from Americans toward the French?

Likewise, did he forget how we did not turn our backs on Europe at the cost of tens of thousands of American lives?

Did he forget that we, as a people, put more money into the natural disasters reliefs than all other countries combined?

And I am not referring to government releif. I am referring to individuals who made private donations.

He really needs to keep his personal sentiments to himself. It was uncalled for.

no he's on c span giving a speech (earlier) saying he wants the US to join Europe in creating a world economy!

Freedom Fries anyone?

Unlike us, the French support their own industries. I have seen copious varieties of cheese, but rarely any that are made anywhere other than France.

It is an incredible country, and generally, the French are really, really friendly. In Normandy, I went with my brother (who was there for some D-Day Memorial thing), we had so many French people thanking him and fussing over him that he was embarrassed by the attention. Trouble is, even out of uniform, he looks like a Jarhead. :lol::lol::lol:

Uh....err....hmmmm...

Do I take that as a compliment or an insult?

Please offer my <S> to your bro.

It was an uncalled for comment if he actually said it.

Is he trying to stir up anger from Americans toward the French?

Likewise, did he forget how we did not turn our backs on Europe at the cost of tens of thousands of American lives?

Did he forget that we, as a people, put more money into the natural disasters reliefs than all other countries combined?

And I am not referring to government releif. I am referring to individuals who made private donations.

He really needs to keep his personal sentiments to himself. It was uncalled for.

no he's on c span giving a speech (earlier) saying he wants the US to join Europe in creating a world economy!

Sure. Why not? I mean, look at how well their economy is doing in Europe. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back