Uh oh, The TIPPING POINT HAS SLIPPED to 2200

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
OH MY GOD, the world is doomed in the year 2200!

Scientists 'expect climate tipping point' by 2200 - Science, News - The Independent

Or maybe it's hours...

'We have hours' to prevent climate disaster - thestar.com

Or maybe it's 50 days.......

BBC NEWS | UK | PM warns of climate 'catastrophe'

Or maybe it was 8 years?.....

Just 96 months to save world, says Prince Charles - Green Living, Environment - The Independent

Notice a common thread here? Yep, serial doom and gloom and yet the world is travelling hapilly along blissfully ignorant of the silly people predicting it's imminent destruction.

A famous Yogi once said, "It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future."

So, I guess we should expect some descendent of Prince to do a song along the lines of "Tonight I'm gonna party like its 2199!" to be release in 2182.

We do not know where the tipping points are, and will know only when we have exceeded them.

Climate 'tipping points' may arrive without warning, says top forecaster

ScienceDaily (Feb. 10, 2010) — A new University of California, Davis, study by a top ecological forecaster says it is harder than experts thought to predict when sudden shifts in Earth's natural systems will occur -- a worrisome finding for scientists trying to identify the tipping points that could push climate change into an irreparable global disaster.

"Many scientists are looking for the warning signs that herald sudden changes in natural systems, in hopes of forestalling those changes, or improving our preparations for them," said UC Davis theoretical ecologist Alan Hastings. "Our new study found, unfortunately, that regime shifts with potentially large consequences can happen without warning — systems can ‘tip’ precipitously.

We do not know where the tipping points are, and will know only when we have exceeded them.

Climate 'tipping points' may arrive without warning, says top forecaster

ScienceDaily (Feb. 10, 2010) — A new University of California, Davis, study by a top ecological forecaster says it is harder than experts thought to predict when sudden shifts in Earth's natural systems will occur -- a worrisome finding for scientists trying to identify the tipping points that could push climate change into an irreparable global disaster.

"Many scientists are looking for the warning signs that herald sudden changes in natural systems, in hopes of forestalling those changes, or improving our preparations for them," said UC Davis theoretical ecologist Alan Hastings. "Our new study found, unfortunately, that regime shifts with potentially large consequences can happen without warning — systems can ‘tip’ precipitously.
_____

Good job - nice to see you are now recognizing the folly of doom n gloom global warming predictions!!!!

:clap2:

I see. We are on a road that we have not traveled before, in a dense fog, knowing only that there is a washed out bridge somewhere ahead, so what to do?

I see your solution is to slam down the accelerator.

I see. We are on a road that we have not traveled before, in a dense fog, knowing only that there is a washed out bridge somewhere ahead, so what to do?

I see your solution is to slam down the accelerator.

Better to be treading water than drowning old fraud.

Forum List

Back