Uh oh...somebody made BO mad

txlonghorn

Mar 9, 2009
Obama blasts banks for opposing financial overhaul - Yahoo! News

He told "60 Minutes" that the banks were to blame for the financial fall out last year.

I thought it was Bush's fault.

Oh wait...later in the article, he singles out republicans and lobbyists as the ones that are opposed to stricter oversight. Which confuses me, since there were SO many democrats who benefitted from the risky moves that the banks were making on shakey loans in the first place.

I think the POTUS just has his panties in a wad because somebody decided to quit kissing his shiney little Nobel Peace Prized ass.

He told "60 Minutes" that the banks were to blame for the financial fall out last year.

Oh wait...later in the article, he singles out republicans and lobbyists as the ones that are opposed to stricter oversight. Which confuses me, since there were SO many democrats who benefitted from the risky moves that the banks were making on shakey loans in the first place.

I think the POTUS just has his panties in a wad because somebody decided to quit kissing his shiney little Nobel Peace Prized ass.

Did he put them on notice like he did Iran?

Well the solution is as plain as the ears on Obama's head. The federal government should have a public bank option. This would force competition and make for higher quality banks available to all.

Come on dumb asses I'm waiting.

Well, let's see. For the first six years of Bush's presidency, the Republicans held the presidency and both houses. They also had a majority in the Supreme Court.
They never included the cost of either war in their budgets. They cut taxes for the rich, DURING A TIME OF WAR and and completely deregulated Wall Street.

Republicans ran up enormous deficits and yet did nothing to fix health care or our crumbling infra structure. Where did the money go? Who knows?

Minneapolis 35W Bridge Falls Into Mississippi River (12 Videos) « Video Pundits

Now, tell me again how it's the Democrats "fault".

Well, let's see. For the first six years of Bush's presidency, the Republicans held the presidency and both houses. They also had a majority in the Supreme Court.
They never included the cost of either war in their budgets. They cut taxes for the rich, DURING A TIME OF WAR and and completely deregulated Wall Street.

Republicans ran up enormous deficits and yet did nothing to fix health care or our crumbling infra structure. Where did the money go? Who knows?

Democrats, 0-3 on these as well. You were working your way right up to a good point and then you took a wrong turn. So sad.

Democrats, 0-3 on these as well. You were working your way right up to a good point and then you took a wrong turn. So sad.

That's the problem with Republicans, drop a little truth on their tiny heads and they say, "It's not true". No supporting evidence, no corroboration. Just "It's not true". As if denial equals truth. So sad. Sad and pathetic.

Truth? You can't handle the truth.

1. Obama has THE LARGEST deficit, by his own hand, of any President.
2. Obama has not accomplsihed ANY inprovement in health care coverage.
3. Infrastructure is just as broken as the day he took office.

That's the problem with Republicans, drop a little truth on their tiny heads and they say, "It's not true". No supporting evidence, no corroboration. Just "It's not true". As if denial equals truth. So sad. Sad and pathetic.

I wonder!!! What is your excuse for the Clintons?

Well, let's see. For the first six years of Bush's presidency, the Republicans held the presidency and both houses.

You are so full of shit. The Senate was held by the Dems for all but 2 years of Bush's two terms.

The House was held by the GOP but they can't do shit without it going through the Senate.

The last three years the Dems have held Congress and they've fucked up the economy royaly. They just raised the debt-ceiling to over 14 trillion yesterday.

Check the Constitution....only Congress can spend tax dollars if you want to blame it all on Bush.

Last edited:

Problem is it's a lie.

Maybe you need to check the Congressional record before making a total fool of yourself.

Can't we just keep rdean as a fool mudwhistle? Please, please! I promise to take him on walks and clean up his messes.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thank you.....But, both Democrats AND Republicans were in positions to stop the trainwrecks and did nothing.

And yet it was the Democrats during the Bush years that defeated every attempt to get more regulation on banks and housing loans. In fact Barney Frank was claiming just weeks before the big collapse that the Housing industry and the bank loan policies were sound and any further regulations would ruin the sector.

3 times under Bush the Republicans ( twice by Bush, once by McCain) tried to get stricter regulations on the housing loan industry. All 3 times it was defeated by the Democrats, lead by Barney Frank in the House and Chris Dodd in the Senate.

In fact Frank was making TV appearances and statements just weeks before the collapse was so apparent that the housing loan Industry was sound and any further regulations would ruin the sector.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thank you.....But, both Democrats AND Republicans were in positions to stop the trainwrecks and did nothing.
In his world, the goons with the (D)s by their names are innocent bystanders.

While we're at it, Shrubbie had ZERO to do with the I-35 bridge collapse.

This man Obama is proving to be not only a novice, but, very childish and ridiculous.

Between him and the liberal powers on the HILL, I honestly wonder if we can survive until 2012.

This white house gets more pathetic by the day.

Mike

just how black is your kettle?????

This man Obama is proving to be not only a novice, but, very childish and ridiculous.

Between him and the liberal powers on the HILL, I honestly wonder if we can survive until 2012.

This white house gets more pathetic by the day.

Mike

We'll survive by gaining some power at the end of 2010. All we have to do is hope they keep fighting each other until then.

Forum List

Back