Uh Oh: Rick Perry Gets Popped With The Dreaded Evolution Question. (Click For Answer)

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
As with every election and especially a presidential election, all candidates are asked their thoughts on evolution. I believe the liberal MSM passed on asking that question to Obama (I wonder why?) but anyway, Rick Perry was asked the question and he gave a lengthy answer. How do you think his response was?

Rick Perry Answers the Dreaded "Evolution" Question - Evolution News & Views
His Answer:

"There are clear indications from our people who have amazing intellectual capability that this didn't happen by accident and a creator put this in place. Now, what was his time frame and how did he create the earth that we know? I'm not going to tell you that I've got the answers to that. I believe that we were created by this all-powerful supreme being and how we got to today versus what we look like thousands of years ago, I think there's enough holes in the theory of evolution to, you know, say there are some holes in that theory."

Will his evangelical base accept this answer as good enough?

Here is another source;
PERRY SEES "HOLES" IN "THEORY" OF EVOLUTION

• Banned
You have to understand that to liberal reporters, questioning the theory of evolution is tantamount to questioning that the world is round.

They also want to imply that by expressing doubts about evolution, your educational policy will then be similar to the narrow-minded authorities who fined John Scopes for teaching evolution (thus, making you anti-science).

He probably doesn't agree with gravity either. It's fun to watch you people walk a fence on the subject of evolution in the face of scientific evidence.

:rofl:

Will republicans in general consider his answer bad enough?

You have to understand that to liberal reporters, questioning the theory of evolution is tantamount to questioning that the world is round.

They also want to imply that by expressing doubts about evolution, your educational policy will then be similar to the narrow-minded authorities who fined John Scopes for teaching evolution (thus, making you anti-science).

No, questioning evolution is fine; it’s the attempt to replace it with religious dogma that’s problematic.

528-58.gif

Considering that only a measly 6% of scientists are Republican, I suspect those that disagree with the Theory of Evolution are ALL Republican scientists. Hilarious.

Republican Scientist. It's what we call an "Oxymoron".

These liberals that proclaim intellectual superiority by insulting and denigrating Christians for maintaining their faith are simply demonstrating their utterly transparent hatred and bigotry.

They reserve these types of insults almost exclusively to Christianity. Leftists are so shallow and intellectually lacking that they can't comprehend how the belief in God and evolution are not mutually exclusive, nor do they acknowledge that many in the scientific community are Christians. No, they get their world view from television that continually reinforces their simplistic ideas that all scientists are atheists.

528-58.gif

Considering that only a measly 6% of scientists are Republican, I suspect those that disagree with the Theory of Evolution are ALL Republican scientists. Hilarious.

What the hell is your point? 9 out of 10 Americans believe in God too. More Than 9 in 10 Americans Continue to Believe in God

All you have is hatred and contempt. If it weren't directed at Christians, who happen to make up around 78% of Americans This Christmas, 78% of Americans Identify as Christian, you would be universally called a bigot. But since it is you are only called a bigot by those intellectually honest enough to say so.

528-58.gif

rdean-it's what we call a "moron"

I don't why evolution disturbs people on the right, but it does. No wonder America ranks up their with Turkey in denying evolution.

As with every election and especially a presidential election, all candidates are asked their thoughts on evolution. I believe the liberal MSM passed on asking that question to Obama (I wonder why?) but anyway, Rick Perry was asked the question and he gave a lengthy answer. How do you think his response was?

Rick Perry Answers the Dreaded "Evolution" Question - Evolution News & Views
His Answer:

"There are clear indications from our people who have amazing intellectual capability that this didn't happen by accident and a creator put this in place. Now, what was his time frame and how did he create the earth that we know? I'm not going to tell you that I've got the answers to that. I believe that we were created by this all-powerful supreme being and how we got to today versus what we look like thousands of years ago, I think there's enough holes in the theory of evolution to, you know, say there are some holes in that theory."

Here is another source;
PERRY SEES "HOLES" IN "THEORY" OF EVOLUTION

I don't know what it is going to take to get our GOP candidates off of the social and religious issues, They have got to know by now, that even answering a question like that will be used as ammunition against them. I am a Christian, but as a politician, you need to keep religion, social issues out of your talk- it's the economy stupid.

This just goes to show off we are on our priorities. The World is burning and our financial house is on the verge of collapse and people think the most important question to ask potential candidates is what they think of theories of the Earth's creation. As if an opinion on events no one was alive to witness have any bearing on getting our AAA credit rating back, paying our debts, getting the government off the people's back and getting them back to work, etc.

Don't get me wrong. I'm always up for healthy debate about faith, politics, science, whatever. But I can be pretty tolerant when it comes to what someones opinion on an unimportant matter is if they have the right solutons to everything else.

These liberals that proclaim intellectual superiority by insulting and denigrating Christians for maintaining their faith are simply demonstrating their utterly transparent hatred and bigotry.

They reserve these types of insults almost exclusively to Christianity. Leftists are so shallow and intellectually lacking that they can't comprehend how the belief in God and evolution are not mutually exclusive, nor do they acknowledge that many in the scientific community are Christians. No, they get their world view from television that continually reinforces their simplistic ideas that all scientists are atheists.

Some people reconcile being Christian and science. Some don't. But putting the truth out there isn't making fun of anyone's faith. Unless they think it is. Religion and science, polar opposites.

Religion is "belief without evidence".

Science is "evidence based".

If some take comfort believing in "magical entities", so be it. But without proof, it's unfair to expect other to "respect" beliefs that are shoved in our faces. How would they like it if I tried to put up "Moon Signs" because I believed the inside the Moon is made from "soft gooey cheese"? No one can prove it isn't. To me, supernatural beliefs are "on that level" because they have no proof.

528-58.gif

Thank you. From the right wing, I consider that a badge of honor.

Who can have respect for people who believe science is a "faith", evolution a "lie" and climate change a "conspiracy"?

528-58.gif

Your village called. They asked me to tell you that you need to come home, as they need their idiot back.

528-58.gif

Who can have respect for people who believe science is a "faith", evolution a "lie" and climate change a "conspiracy"?

believe it or not, not having your respect doesn't have quite the sting you might imagine it does.

you can take it on faith :thup:

believe it or not, not having your respect doesn't have quite the sting you might imagine it does.

you can take it on faith :thup:

That's the problem. You wouldn't buy a car on "faith", would you? Unless, did you buy that lemon? I told you not to.

insights_lemon_car.jpg

His Answer:

Yes.

Forum List

Back