UH-OH!! Final blow in Madison: Local media turns against union!!!!

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
With Capitol demonstrations, Wisconsin State Journal takes sides, belittles state workers - Isthmus | The Daily Page

This is a rant by a guy in a Madison local media, and his problem is with how Madison's sole major newspaper, The Wisconsin State Journal, has taken it's editorial stance in the direction of backing Gov. Walker.

Never in a million years did I think the Madison, WI media would begin to back a Rep Governor in a heated battle with left wing unions.

Sorry lefties. But when the local news turns and picks a side, thats usually a sign that they are alligning themselves with the eventual winner in order to sell more papers. If the Wisky State Journal is now backing Walker, then this fight is nearly a done deal. Get used to working outside the comfy confines of a union, because if the Madison media is even turning against it, then it's a fad whose best times have passed.

With Capitol demonstrations, Wisconsin State Journal takes sides, belittles state workers - Isthmus | The Daily Page

This is a rant by a guy in a Madison local media, and his problem is with how Madison's sole major newspaper, The Wisconsin State Journal, has taken it's editorial stance in the direction of backing Gov. Walker.

Never in a million years did I think the Madison, WI media would begin to back a Rep Governor in a heated battle with left wing unions.

Sorry lefties. But when the local news turns and picks a side, thats usually a sign that they are alligning themselves with the eventual winner in order to sell more papers. If the Wisky State Journal is now backing Walker, then this fight is nearly a done deal. Get used to working outside the comfy confines of a union, because if the Madison media is even turning against it, then it's a fad whose best times have passed.

"Sorry lefties"....gets me thinking. Do ALL "lefties, liberals, Democrats, et al" support the teacher's union on this one? I would hope that there are enough independent thinkers out there on the "left" side, that this would not be the case?

Forum List

Back