Uh oh! Democrats getting hammered by religious voters

I'm aware there are many pro choicers out there. I support their right to be pro choice. I just wish that you would do likewise and support the Catholic Church's stance not to be forced by government to provide services that are against our core beliefs.

That’s not the situation. If a Catholic hospital is going to function in a secular capacity as a secular employer, it must be subject to the same laws as any other employer. Non-Catholic employees are entitled to comprehensive health insurance, regardless the employer’s religions affiliation.

Indeed, a Catholic hospital is required to abide by other employment laws and policies, such as work hours and pay rates.

If this stance by the government is successful.... Catholic Hospitals will be forced to close their doors to anyone who is not Catholic. Currently, those hospitals provide care and treatment to anyone - regardless of race, color, creed or sexual orientation.... and most of that care is funded by the Church - not by your taxes. We ask nothing in return for that. Other than we are not forced to provide services that we cannot provide. Surely, you see that?

Catholic hospitals won’t be forced to close their doors, that’s baseless hyperbole. And Catholic hospitals aren’t being required to provide any services they object to, they’re providing medical insurance to their employees, nothing more. What treatment the insurance pays for is a private matter between the employee/patient and his doctor, and considered medically necessary accordingly.

This is yet another non-issue contrived by the right in an effort to realize some perceived political advantage.

Why does it? Other organizations have been 'waivered', why not the Church?

And... I didn't say it would be 'forced to close its doors', I said it would be forced to close its doors to non-Catholics. That includes not treating non-Catholics in its hospitals and not employing non-Catholics.

It's not a 'non-issue' to the Catholic Church. It doesn't care about 'political advantage', it cares about its doctrine... this is fundamental first amendment. If the first amendment is a 'non issue' to you, then I suggest the problem is with you, not with my faith.

If you want to engage with me on a topic, I suggest you knock off the misogynistic bullshit.

Why?.. Does it appear I am "talking down" to you? My My...Not good enough for the Gander? So my form of "sexist humorous" disrespect is less appealing than your more direct snippy bitchy know it all variety?

6 of 1... half a dozen of the other. You know I only respond to your posts because I know you like the attention...

No, you're not 'talking down' to me, you're making gender the issue... which is sexist. I have no problem dealing with sexists. Sexism, like racism, comes from a lack of intellect. I'm cool with that.

And... you 'know' nothing about me. That you think you do just shows that lack of intellect I referred to above. :eusa_angel:

My "intellect" gets me by...your repetitive insults..not so much..

Back to the OP... Keep your fucking dogma in your churches... Thanks for playing.

Last edited:
Why?.. Does it appear I am "talking down" to you? My My...Not good enough for the Gander? So my form of "sexist humorous" disrespect is less appealing than your more direct snippy bitchy know it all variety?

6 of 1... half a dozen of the other. You know I only respond to your posts because I know you like the attention...

No, you're not 'talking down' to me, you're making gender the issue... which is sexist. I have no problem dealing with sexists. Sexism, like racism, comes from a lack of intellect. I'm cool with that.

And... you 'know' nothing about me. That you think you do just shows that lack of intellect I referred to above. :eusa_angel:

Back to the OP... Keep your fucking dogma in your churches... Thanks for playing.

We do. Thanks for proving that you're against the First Amendment though. Good to know. It's also good to know that you don't actually understand what this issue is about.

And... don't come bitching when your taxes go up, or the deficit goes up... because you idiots have to pick up the massive gap left by the Church if it stops funding anything other than its own.

We do. Thanks for proving that you're against the First Amendment though. Good to know. It's also good to know that you don't actually understand what this issue is about.

And... don't come bitching when your taxes go up, or the deficit goes up... because you idiots have to pick up the massive gap left by the Church if it stops funding anything other than its own.

Glad you brought that up. I am in favor of all for profit entities such as Churches paying the same taxes as any other business where thier main goal is SELLING something to the public. Churches use the same comons roads, fire depts. etc as everyone else. They should pay for that use the same as everyone. The taxes they SHOULD pay would be ample increase to handle what they claim to do for free.

This was a difficult decision made by the Administration and one not made lightly. But it was the right decision. To withhold comprehensive healthcare from Americans solely as a consequence of their employer’s religious affiliation, through no fault or control of their own, would be irresponsible and reprehensible.

Glad you brought that up. I am in favor of all for profit entities such as Churches paying the same taxes as any other business where thier main goal is SELLING something to the public. Churches use the same comons roads, fire depts. etc as everyone else. They should pay for that use the same as everyone. The taxes they SHOULD pay would be ample increase to handle what they claim to do for free.

In that, you would be horrifyingly wrong. Crunch the numbers - go ahead. Do it. See how wrong you are. I know how wrong you are.

I'm aware there are many pro choicers out there. I support their right to be pro choice. I just wish that you would do likewise and support the Catholic Church's stance not to be forced by government to provide services that are against our core beliefs.

That’s not the situation. If a Catholic hospital is going to function in a secular capacity as a secular employer, it must be subject to the same laws as any other employer. Non-Catholic employees are entitled to comprehensive health insurance, regardless the employer’s religions affiliation.

Indeed, a Catholic hospital is required to abide by other employment laws and policies, such as work hours and pay rates.

If this stance by the government is successful.... Catholic Hospitals will be forced to close their doors to anyone who is not Catholic. Currently, those hospitals provide care and treatment to anyone - regardless of race, color, creed or sexual orientation.... and most of that care is funded by the Church - not by your taxes. We ask nothing in return for that. Other than we are not forced to provide services that we cannot provide. Surely, you see that?

Catholic hospitals won’t be forced to close their doors, that’s baseless hyperbole. And Catholic hospitals aren’t being required to provide any services they object to, they’re providing medical insurance to their employees, nothing more. What treatment the insurance pays for is a private matter between the employee/patient and his doctor, and considered medically necessary accordingly.

This is yet another non-issue contrived by the right in an effort to realize some perceived political advantage.

And... I didn't say it would be 'forced to close its doors', I said it would be forced to close its doors to non-Catholics. That includes not treating non-Catholics in its hospitals and not employing non-Catholics.

It's not a 'non-issue' to the Catholic Church. It doesn't care about 'political advantage', it cares about its doctrine... this is fundamental first amendment. If the first amendment is a 'non issue' to you, then I suggest the problem is with you, not with my faith.

That's not practical or realistic.

BUT, even if the Catholic Church did decide to discriminate in their hospitals based on religious affiliation, I would not have a problem with them closing their doors completely, clearing the way for another hospital to operate on a secular basis.

BUT, even if the Catholic Church did decide to discriminate in their hospitals based on religious affiliation, I would not have a problem with them closing their doors completely, clearing the way for another hospital to operate on a secular basis.

I don't care what you would or wouldn't have a 'problem' with. If we want to operate our own hospitals, serving Catholics only, there ain't jack shit you can do about it. First Amendment and all that.... unless, you think you're gonna scrap that. Idiot.

I don't care what you would or wouldn't have a 'problem' with. If we want to operate our own hospitals, serving Catholics only, there ain't jack shit you can do about it. First Amendment and all that.... unless, you think you're gonna scrap that. Idiot.

You mean: there's jack-shit you can do about it. We don't use double negatives in the English language.

Twit.

Really? And how do you propose to enforce a Catholics-only discriminatory hospital? Are Catholics all given an ID card upon enlistment? Or do you propose patients take an oath upon admittance? Yeah, they'll stay in business long.

In that, you would be horrifyingly wrong. Crunch the numbers - go ahead. Do it. See how wrong you are. I know how wrong you are.

if you really knew you would have proved it.....Shut up

No, this is one of those issues where one actually needs to do some work: one needs to research, think, use math, apply logic, and that kind of shit. It is not provided in bite size chunks via the HuffPuff.

Moron.

You mean: there's jack-shit you can do about it. We don't use double negatives in the English language.

Twit.

Really? And how do you propose to enforce a Catholics-only discriminatory hospital? Are Catholics all given an ID card upon enlistment? Or do you propose patients take an oath upon admittance? Yeah, they'll stay in business long.

We're Catholics... we'll find our own way - if we are forced to. But it is good to know that you are happy to trample on the First Amendment.

Twit.

critical thinking isnt her strong suit. She is more of a talking points kinda of "gal"

LMAO. You wouldn't recognize 'critical thought' unless the HuffPuff told you what it is.

if you really knew you would have proved it.....Shut up

No, this is one of those issues where one actually needs to do some work: one needs to research, think, use math, apply logic, and that kind of shit. It is not provided in bite size chunks via the HuffPuff.

Moron.

i already know you have nothing, but you didnt have to prove it.

You 'know' nothing.... mainly because you lack the intellect to work shit out before you take a view. Your views are provided to you by your messiah. That's fine. You're welcome to follow him blindly.

I know exactly what I'm talking about... I've done the hard work... but I'm not doing it for you. You do it yourself - or don't. Either is fine. However, unless you have done the research, you are talking out of your ass... SOP for you.

i already know you have nothing, but you didnt have to prove it.

You 'know' nothing.... mainly because you lack the intellect to work shit out before you take a view. Your views are provided to you by your messiah. That's fine. You're welcome to follow him blindly.

I know exactly what I'm talking about... I've done the hard work... but I'm not doing it for you. You do it yourself - or don't. Either is fine. However, unless you have done the research, you are talking out of your ass... SOP for you.

all these assumptions and no evidence....
Notice how i never actually gave an opinion on the actual issue?
Defeats your whole take a view assumption....But what else is new....
And thanks for the neg....:lol:

Find out for yourself. I'm sick of spoon feeding morons. Yea, I do notice that you add absolutely nothing to the forum. There is no need to point out your own uselessness.

And... you got negged for telling me to 'shut up'. This isn't your board. You are not a Mod. So fuck you, asshole. Don't whine about negs... makes you look even more of a pathetic, sniveling brat.

Twit.

We're Catholics... we'll find our own way - if we are forced to. But it is good to know that you are happy to trample on the First Amendment.

LOL In other words: It's not going to happen.

Hospitals that accept Medicare and Medicaid funding, which is likely all Catholic hospitals, are obligated to treat patients in accordance with established medical procedures, per the Medicare Conditions of Participation.

“Religious dictates do not trump bedrock legal protections that entitle patients to the standard of care and informed consent in the American medical system,” said Jill Morrison, NWLC Senior Counsel.

Women's Health and Lives at Risk Due to Religious Restrictions at Hospitals, New Center Study Shows | National Women's Law Center

Moreover:

There will also be emergency cases where a hospital is legally required to treat the patient as described in further detail below. In these cases, the health care provider has an ethical and legal duty to promptly treat the patient according to the standard of care. This means that if the patient is experiencing a medical emergency, she is entitled not just to any medical treatment, but treatment according to the standard of care, despite the provider’s religious objection to providing such care.

http://www.nwlc.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/nwlcbelowtheradar2011.pdf

Forum List

Back