Uh Oh, Al-Qaeda is strongest it's been since 9/11

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/11/al.qaeda.report/index.html

CNN Washington Bureau
Decrease font Decrease font
Enlarge font Enlarge font

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Al Qaeda is the strongest it has been since the aftermath of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, a new U.S. government analysis concludes, according to a senior government official who has seen it.

"We actually see the al Qaeda central being resurgent in their role in planning operations," John Kringen, head of the CIA's intelligence directorate, testified at the hearing Wednesday. "They seem to be fairly well settled into the safe haven in the ungoverned spaces of Pakistan there. We see more training. We see more money. We see more communications."

(And we let them chill there while we left, and went to Iraq. Who's fault is it now if Al-qaeda pulls off another attack...)

Chertoff has a "gut feeling" that there's going to be an attack. And Rick Santorum says that we NEED another attack to justify the foreign policy we currently use.

What the fuck is going on here?

(And we let them chill there while we left, and went to Iraq. Who's fault is it now if Al-qaeda pulls off another attack...)

Chertoff has a "gut feeling" that there's going to be an attack. And Rick Santorum says that we NEED another attack to justify the foreign policy we currently use.

what the fuck is going on here?

We are fighting al-queda in Iraq. We are killing the right people.

The problem is Pakistan is letting Al-queda train and organize on thier soil...

Pakistan is the problem not us...

Why is it that Pakistan has created a safe haven for terrorists and that is somehow twisted into being the Bush administrations fault?

I dont understand that logic.

Are you saying we should of invaded Pakistan instead of Iraq?

We are fighting al-queda in Iraq. We are killing the right people.

The problem is Pakistan is letting Al-queda train and organize on thier soil...

Pakistan is the problem not us...

Why is it that Pakistan has created a safe haven for terrorists and that is somehow twisted into being the Bush administrations fault?

I dont understand that logic.

Are you saying we should of invaded Pakistan instead of Iraq?

As long as we are creating terrorists they will laways have a "safe haven" somewhere to hide.

She doesn't know, Rosotar.

I think she has several windows opened up at the same time with different threads, and doesn't realize which ones she's posting in, because (if this is at all possible) she usually makes even less sense than RSR.

It's that neo-con tunnel-vision. It'll get you everytime.

She doesn't know, Rosotar.

I think she has several windows opened up at the same time with different threads, and doesn't realize which ones she's posting in, because (if this is at all possible) she usually makes even less sense than RSR.

It's that neo-con tunnel-vision. It'll get you everytime.

Libs. (Actually I rarely use such terms, but since it's fine for the goose...)

As long as we are creating terrorists they will laways have a "safe haven" somewhere to hide.

As long as there a people who think there's only one way to do things and anyone not doing it their way should be killed, we will have terrorists.

That "we are creating terrorists" crap is, well, crap. We aren't twisting anyone's arm and saying "become a scumbag, piece-of-shit murderer of innocent people." Their religious leaders are.

We aren't twisting anyone's arm and saying "become a scumbag, piece-of-shit murderer of innocent people."

Under Bush and Cheney's watch, at least a million innocent people have been murdered.

Gunny let me ask you a question...if an invading force from another country came into America, and FIRST went for our banks, steel and coal mines, and various precious gems and metals outposts to secure them, all the while saying it was really to free us from a perceived oppression of the Bush administration...started setting up permanent bases and embassies, bombing and shooting anything that moved, and went door to door beating up, arresting, and killing people...

Would you sit idly by and let it happen? Or being the military man that you are, would you take up arms and defend your family, property, and country?

Would you agree with being labelled a terrorist, or would you prefer to be labelled a freedom-fighter?

We aren't creating terrorists, we're creating a hatred for our occupation of their land. Smack an "al-qaeda" label on an "insurgent", and he or she is automatically a terrorist.

We're not over there. We only get to know what the news lets us know...but those people are over there witnessing exactly what's going on...

The civilian contractors practically outnumbering the soldiers...The blatant disregard for civilian casualities...

I have many friends that have been to, or are in Iraq. I've heard all about it. We aren't over there freeing a nation from oppression, we're over there oppressing a nation.

All you know is what your trusted news station tells you.

What is happening in Iraq right now is that same god damn thing that would be happening here in the US if the situation were reversed, and you know it.

I was in the military myself...the Air Force. I know exactly how hard it is to allow yourself to think that your military is doing anything other than the most honorable of things. Not that i blame the military, but i know the brainwashing process during your phase-in. Don't bad mouth your service, don't talk to reporters, never disrespect the military, UCMJ, UCMJ, UCMJ...

It's Vietnam all over again. And the American people are letting it happen.

As long as there a people who think there's only one way to do things and anyone not doing it their way should be killed, we will have terrorists.

That "we are creating terrorists" crap is, well, crap. We aren't twisting anyone's arm and saying "become a scumbag, piece-of-shit murderer of innocent people." Their religious leaders are.

What would you do if an occupying power killed your parents? How about your brothers or sisters or family? No, we aren't the ONLY reason some of them are becoming terrorists, but we are a major reason.

we need to kill terrorists wherever they are, and if governements dont comply, they taste our bombs.

we need to kill terrorists wherever they are, and if governements dont comply, they taste our bombs.

Yes, lets just bomb Pakistan and see what happens. Oh wait, they have nukes. Bye bye America...

life isn't as simple as you think it is.

So what you are saying is, everything is back to where they were when Clinton left office

Then libs should be able to sleep better at night

Report: Al-Qaeda Strength Safely Back to Clintonian Levels
Despite the Bush junta's attempts to keep it buried, a recently obtained classified report confirms that Al Qaeda's strength has returned to pre-9/11 levels. Osama Bin Laden is on the loose, the Taliban has retaken control of Afghanistan, and terrorists are poised to strike the West.

In other words, things are pretty much the way Bill Clinton left them.

It's understandable then why Repugs wouldn't want this infiormation to come to light: it contradicts everything they've been saying since they stole their way into power. All their yammering about duct tape and visqueen and weapons of mass destruction was simply a ploy to control us with fear. Thank Goddess their lies have finally been exposed. We can all sleep soundly tonight knowing that in spite of Bush's best efforts, the so-called "terrorist threat" warrants about as much attention today that President Clinton gave it when he was in charge.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/

Forum List

Back