Uh No - Two al Qaeda Leaders Behind Northwest Bombing Attempt Former Gitmo Prisoners!

As I said from the first, if those put in Gitmo were not terrorists when they went in they will be when they come out.

I finally understand-----punish no one and there will be no one angry enough to retaliate.

No you don't. Punish the innocent and they will hate you.

The indoctrination of hatred by extremist mosques around the globe is where the problem lies... Pissing off a few in gitmo is a drop in the bucket...

So now uscitizen has top secret classified info that says these guys were "innocent" Please share.The CIA, justice dept, and MSM are anxious to see that intel.

Unbelievable. "Bush turned these wannabe cab drivers into terrorists!"

Not having enough evidence to convict people captured on the battlefield does not mean they are innocent! Get a fucking grip.

What do other countries do with POWs? Release them back to art camp?

At it's peak, some of those housed at Guantanamo were only teenagers. Relate their mindsets to the mindsets of some American teenaged boys who think that patriotism means bang bang shoot 'em up. Yeah, that'll learn 'em.
And what does this have to do with those behind flight 253?

I was addressing what Ravi said, not you. So fuck off.
[Emphasis added] What an emotional basketcase. :lol:

As I said from the first, if those put in Gitmo were not terrorists when they went in they will be when they come out.

Of course a liberal would say that! Its backwards thinking and stupidity!

When are you going to abandon your illogical oath to protect Islamic Radicals at all costs. Yes the vast majority of Muslims are good peaceful people, but a large minority of them are poisoned by a radical Islam and you (we) can just stick our heads in the sand and pretent it will go away!

We "liberals" would be all ears if you "cons" ever had an adequate solution of your own. Do you recommend just killing all Muslims, with less than 1% being identified as Islamic fundamentalists? There's only around 2 billion Muslims worldwide. Where would you like to start weeding them out?

I think I stated that I believe the vast majority of muslims around the world are good and peaceful people, so its arrogant to ask me if I believe we should kill all Muslims! :evil:

Disagree. They need to be put on trial and punished...not be sent back to where they came from.

They are not criminals, they are Lawful Enemy Combatants! Ex Parte Quirin set the precedence that "upheld the jurisdiction of a United States military tribunal over the trial of several Operation Pastorius German saboteurs in the United States. Quirin has been cited as a precedent for the trial by military commission of any unlawful combatant against the United States."
We are at war and the detainees in this war need to be treated as lawful enemy combatants subject to private military tribunals.

Ex Parte Quirin
Ex parte Quirin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course the US Supreme Court has determined otherwise, more than once.

Show specifically! I am not aware where Ex Parte Quirin has been overruled!

Of course a liberal would say that! Its backwards thinking and stupidity!

When are you going to abandon your illogical oath to protect Islamic Radicals at all costs. Yes the vast majority of Muslims are good peaceful people, but a large minority of them are poisoned by a radical Islam and you (we) can just stick our heads in the sand and pretent it will go away!
I don't know if he is right or not, but it is anything but backwards thinking. People become radicalized because they think someone (in this case the US) is out to get them.

It is very likely that some innocent people were held without charges, treated like dog shit and became ardent haters of America.

Like I said, Bush fucked this up big time.

Perhaps they'll rethink this? Nah!

Obama Administration Transfers 12 Detainees to Yemen, Afghanistan, Somaliland - Political Punch

Obama Administration Transfers 12 Detainees to Yemen, Afghanistan, Somaliland
December 20, 2009 10:29 AM

Over the weekend six Yemeni detainees, Jamal Muhammad Alawi Mari, Farouq Ali Ahmed,Ayman Saeed Abdullah Batarfi, Muhammaed Yasir Ahmed Taher, Fayad Yahya Ahmed al Rami and Riyad Atiq Ali Abdu al Haf, were transferred to the government of Yemen.

Detainees Abdul Hafiz, Sharifullah, Mohamed Rahim and Mohammed Hashim, were transferred into the custody of the government of Afghanistan.

Two Somali detainees, Mohammed Soliman Barre and Ismael Arale, were transferred to regional authorities in Somaliland...

It's probably a reaction to Obama's Predator strikes, you know, how killing a terrorists only means you've made 10 more

Forum List

Back