Uh, Hey Joe, Open Mic Joe, Open Mic...

Now, I'm not a Biden fan, I think he should really think a lot more before blurting out some of the stuff he says, but this doesn't really seem all that big of a deal to me.

But at least he didn't tell a sitting Senator to "Go Fuck Yourself" on the Senate floor..

Like Dick Cheney did to Patrick Leahy.

Cheney to Leahy: 'Go F**k Yourself'

it's nice to see that you excuse obama's behavior by citing that *buuuuuush* did it, and you excuse biden by citing cheney.

symmetry

I don't believe anyone is excusing biden's gaff they are merely pointing out how hypocritical righties are based on the fact that they defended and made excuses for their own in similar instances but are now trying to make a huge deal about this.

Last edited:
Seriously? People are making a big deal out of this? :lol:

I personally love Biden for his Gaffes.. he's probably the one in this administration i can't dislike.. he keeps things interesting.. :lol:

I'm not makng a big deal out of it, I thought it was funny and it bothered me not at all.

would you prefer this?

photo-george-bush-finger.jpg

This one always amused me.

Idiot! You do not do that kind of stuff at work.

Asshole! I don't have a problem with it. I thought it was funny, I thought others might find it amusing as well.

Last edited:
I find it hilarious how the party that defended "go fuck yourself" on the senate floor, W flipping off the camera, W calling someone a "major league asshole, "you lie", and "baby killer" (just to name a few) are trying to make something out of this. LOL

actualy most are curiious why that was a big deal to you all and this isn't.....i thought dems were better people than pubs.....

like i have been saying ...you are all scum....

Biden has got to be one of the dumbest fucks ever to serve in as an elected official.

I find it hilarious how the party that defended "go fuck yourself" on the senate floor, W flipping off the camera, W calling someone a "major league asshole, "you lie", and "baby killer" (just to name a few) are trying to make something out of this. LOL

actualy most are curiious why that was a big deal to you all and this isn't.....i thought dems were better people than pubs.....

like i have been saying ...you are all scum....

LOL I am not defending what he said but it's funny how the right who defended w and cheney are now trying to make political hay off of biden's gaff.

oh and YES dems are better people than hypocritical pubs like you who ignore the history of their own party defending their own even as you lash out at others based purely on partisan politics and we prove it all the time.

Personally, I just loved all the excuses I heard for cheney when righties tried to claim that cheney didn't violate the rules becuase the senate was not in session. And now the righties are HYPOCRITICALLY trying to make a huge deal out of biden dropping an F-bomb near an open mic. He was stupid to make such a moronic mistake but I don't see how that is anywhere near the level of classlessness used by W and cheney which was defended and excused by the right.

Last edited:
I find it hilarious how the party that defended "go fuck yourself" on the senate floor...,

Shouldn't have happened, not on the Senate floor.

W flipping off the camera,

Funny as hell, it's not like he did on television, rather he did it prior to, it just so happens tape was rolling. Goofing around. He was not President at the time, he was, I believe, governor. Or running for Gov. No matter, I thought it funny.

W calling someone a "major league asshole,

Open mic gaffe, funny.

"you lie", and "baby killer" (just to name a few)

Both outbursts misplaced and inappropriate for the venue.

...are trying to make something out of this. LOL

I can't speak to that, I just thought it was funny.

it's nice to see that you excuse obama's behavior by citing that *buuuuuush* did it, and you excuse biden by citing cheney.

symmetry

I'm afraid you have me all wrong.

I feel no need to "excuse" this behavior at all.

While I find a whole lot of Biden's gaffes to be stupid and don't particularly think he's a good VP in general mainly due to all the stupid things he says, I am not offended this specific comment at all.

It was obviously not intended to be for public consumption, he didn't realize the mic would pick it up.

My primary point was that there's a difference between using the word "fucking" as an adjective to add emphasis to a statement, and using the word "fuck" in an statement like "Go Fuck Yourself", ala Dick Cheney.

My secondary point was that when Mr Cheney, also a vice president, uttered those words, the event was not covered in Murdoch publications, as Mr Biden's remark is currently being covered.

Now if you're finished trying to turn a very valid comparison around, using the "reverse blame Bush" defense, we can continue the conversation.

Last edited:
god bless joe fucking biden.

stand up and take a bow

:lol:

LOL!

(Of course, Joe's line did work better on a handicapped guy bound to a wheel chair.)

And at the risk of getting serious, I think Joe Biden is an ass and all, but other than failing to be a bit more circumspect around an open mic, I personally don't care that he used the f-bomb in that manner.

I hate the legislation, but to the liberals and the Democratics, it's passage actually was a pretty big fucking deal.

Plugs is still an asshole, but that comment to the President while the two of them were feeling a bit flushed with "victory" is hardly my idea of overly offensive.

God rest his soul! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Joe Biden: The only name on Obama's list of: People in Washington politics who'd make me look smart and sane

Forum List

Back