ugh, what can we do about brainwashed college aged libs? in all honesty.

Bullshit.

I know better.

We all know better... except for the people who create some false construct in their own little minds.

You mean like you?

stop projecting...

what I KNOW is that I went through four years of college and three years of law school and i had profs with every possible type of belief system. And not a one would ever have tossed anyone from class for respectful disagreement... nor would it have resulted in a dminished grade.

the education-phobes need to stop making stuff up.

what, unfortunately, the educated folk don't always do so well is communicate with non-educated folk well... which is why you feel you have "evidence" of some type of bias.

You are such an elitist asshole.

Lawschools have more than the usual numbers of conservative professors, I'll allow that. Having a better basic understanding of the underpinnings of the republic, of course they would be.

until President Jimmy Carter, now if that was not a dose of a cold bucket of water in the face I don't know what was.

Obama is worse, sometimes we need to have an extreme leftist as President so we know exactly what to watch out for in the future. There is hope, Americans are waking up and paying attention, that's why the extreme drop in the polls.:lol::lol:
Yes! We actually owe Obama a debt of gratitude for the wake up call.

Lawschools have more than the usual numbers of conservative professors, I'll allow that. Having a better basic understanding of the underpinnings of the republic, of course they would be.

I think part of the problem is to readily brand someone who has achieved an education an "elitist" based on that fact alone.

Why achieving a higher degree would ever be a bad thing, I'll never figure out.

if elitist means an overinflated sense of self in relation to others, I'd say you fit that description far more than I... as proven by the fact that even when you're addressed politely, you're still an angry little shrew.

And again... the entire construct of "liberal professors" is a fallacy. You just don'twant to accept that. As for "liberal" or "conservative", I found that there wasn't any rhyme or reason to it at all,and in most instances we had no awareness of our professor's politics. I think I knew my con law professor's leanings because he was a prosecutor at neuremberg and did an amicus for brown v bd of ed. *shrug*

you can believe that or not... makes me no never mind.

person, is that the elitist always throws up that they went to a wealthy Ivy League college, like Yale or Harvard, where as the college educated person might have been educated at a state or community college.

The elitist truly beleives that if you did not graduate from one of their Ivy League schools that you could not possibly be as educated as they are and therefore need their liberal agenda to assist you in the way and means that you live your life. You are much too stupid to do it on your own and god forbid that you ever enter politics.

An elitist is nothing more than a snob.

Jillian's comment is a classic example of snobery.

"what, unfortunately, the educated folk don't always do so well is communicate with non-educated folk well... which is why you feel you have "evidence" of some type of bias. "

Last edited:
person, is that the elitist always throws up that they went to a wealthy Ivy League college, like Yale or Harvard, where as the college educated person might have been educated at a state or community college.

The elitist truly beleives that if you did not graduate from one of their Ivy League schools that you could not possibly be as educated as they are and therefore need their liberal agenda to assist you in the way and means that you live your life. You are much too stupid to do it on your own and god forbid that you ever enter politics.

You do know George Bush went to an Ivy League College, right Maple? So is he an elitist with a liberal agenda? :lol:

No, he was never a snob, not did he constantly state where he went to college.

I think part of the problem is to readily brand someone who has achieved an education an "elitist" based on that fact alone.

Why achieving a higher degree would ever be a bad thing, I'll never figure out.

Oh, I don't base it just on that. You apparently aren't familiar with Jillian.

No, he was never a snob, not did he constantly state where he went to college.

RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

And your hero Ann Coulter went to Cornell, another Ivy League School.

Is she a Liberal Elitist too? :lol:

An elitist is nothing more than someone who believes that because they are who they are, they are superior to others.

I shall reference to Jillian's remarks from some time back that because she only had one child, her child was more "valuable" than the children of people who have multiple children.

And now I'll stand by for neg rep from Jillian, accompanied by a very uncivilised comment. As is her wont.

Really? Oddly enough, I cannot remember the politics of most of the professors in the various science classes I took.

And now I'll stand by for neg rep from Jillian, accompanied by a very uncivilised comment. As is her wont.

interestingly, i thinki the last time i repped you it was pos rep.

either way, you're insane and you're a liar... and you really shouldn't drink and post, it's very ugly.

you need to get over yourself.

Jillian's comment is a classic example of snobery.

"what, unfortunately, the educated folk don't always do so well is communicate with non-educated folk well... which is why you feel you have "evidence" of some type of bias. "

The irony is the elitists who sucker you guys into thinking they are good old boys.

It takes a special talent to grow up a WASP with a well established name on the eastern seaboard, attend Yale, join Skull and Bones* one of the most elite secretive societies in our country and then go down to Texas and make them all think you are a regular old shit-kicker.

*I referenced S & B only to demonstrate that W. belonged to an elite club, not because I buy into that conspiracy bullshit.

Sounds to me like your mind is pretty much made up geauxto.

I'm not college educated though I consider myself curious about alot of things in life. My best friend has PHD, and thought I would take almost anything he says seriously, I would not trust him to use a tire jack.

I believe that a distinction between Conservatism and Statism goes back to Alexander Hamilton, on one side with his form of Federalism, which he used as a tool to construct his view of the empire, and James Madison with Thomas Jefferson on the other side of the equation believing in a different form of federalism, focusing on Inalienable Right, Government by the consent of the governed, and to guard against the threat of tyranny, enumerated powers, with expansion of power through constitutional amendment. Any idea how many times tyranny was refereed to in the federalist papers?

Hamilton believed that our voice as citizens was limited to whom we vote for on election day, and that our primary responsibility was to conform to the laws of the empire. He also believed that the end justified the means, no matter who got hurt.

Madison was principled and purpose driven, seeing a conflict with purpose for being and the construct of the federal mechanism to serve the purpose, actually valued the purpose over the structure and was inclined to bring the structure into compliance with it's reason for being. The blind cannot lead well.

As alien as this concept is today, inside and outside the beltway, it is necessary to better serve truth and justice.

This division between the statist, which may actually believe that government is the answer to everything, and the conservative that believes that Life, Liberty, and Property (John Locke), are the best defense against tyranny. Government by consent requires us to be informed, not spoon fed.

Choice V.S. Control

That said the left does dominate education, higher-education, and most of the media, with the exception of talk radio.

These two philosophies are opposed, and have divided us from the start.

First of all, to clarify, I don't think you have to have a college education to be intelligent, successful, decent, or any of the other niceties of pleasant society. I grew up on a farm, and some of the smartest people I have ever known barely (if even) finished high school.

However, it's statistical fact that earning potential correlates with years of education. That was my point.

For the point on hand, I've never bought that college is a liberal conspiracy. I wonder how many parent inadvertently prejudice their kids from striving for a higher education due to their (or some radio host, who probably didn't finish college) rants about something that is over stated.

For the larger point, I reject the term "liberal" and "conservative" as they are applied today in contex of history.

First of all, to clarify, I don't think you have to have a college education to be intelligent, successful, decent, or any of the other niceties of pleasant society. I grew up on a farm, and some of the smartest people I have ever known barely (if even) finished high school.
You are who you are. When does one stop learning? Formally or informally? Foundation and structure go a long way on education, and when misdirected, damage severely. Vigilance is the point here, not partisanship, or substituting ideology, for fact. There are aspects in our nature that tend to slant and influence, whether we are aware or not.

However, it's statistical fact that earning potential correlates with years of education. That was my point.
Maybe that is because we are no longer a free market economy? Small business is in many ways inhibited by government over control. Government manipulation effects the value of products and services in a big way. Government partnerships and joint interests with top corporations squash the up and coming competition. Immigration policies which have flooded the lower skilled work force since 1965 have insured the elite, a low wage pool that has stifled even cost of living increasesin non government and non union workers. When the deck is stacked, so are the statistics. Government subsidies corrupt the understanding of the actual value of almost everything we touch.

For the point on hand, I've never bought that college is a liberal conspiracy. I wonder how many parent inadvertently prejudice their kids from striving for a higher education due to their (or some radio host, who probably didn't finish college) rants about something that is over stated.

I don't think that College is a liberal conspiracy either. I do believe that the system is severely corrupted by unjustified selfish interest. to clarify, unjustified self-interest, not self-interest. The education universe is not immune from the scamming and scheming, that the unsuspecting pay for in one form or another. My kids are in college, and I support them, I would never council them to by-pass or avoid higher education.

It's true that Rush didn't do college, he is an exception to the rule, and I value his council. Mark Levin did do College, if he is hard for you to listen to, and you are open to giving him a fair hearing, may I suggest "Men In Black" and "Liberty and Tyranny". Uninterrupted, with less tangents.

Regarding Tyranny and the loss of Liberty, or the failure of a Government to recognize Inalienable Right, A Principal which it was founded on, there is no overstatement, only individual voice.

For the larger point, I reject the term "liberal" and "conservative" as they are applied today in cont ex of history.
I see the political Liberal different from an ethical liberal. One is determined to control everything, the other generous, tolerant, patient, and reserved in judgment.
The term to describe the polarity we face today, and did also 200+ years ago Mark Levin would refer to as a Statist. It is not a derogatory term, it merely implies accurately that one side of the equation See's government intervention and control, as the solution to all of our problems.

True Federalism respected the Sovereignty of the Individual States, in relation to enumerated powers, it respected us as citizens and people too. I agree whole heartedly that in relation to expanded realization of Individual Liberty, and equality under the law, the Federal Government plays a very necessary and needed role, however poorly it does, then and now. The same applies to the clearly designated and mandated powers of the Constitution. For the sake of argument, something new is tried at the local or state level, it is tested and refined, and retested, and retrofitted until it is made right, then it is ready for mas distribution. Maybe it works well in one climate or environment, but not another.
One size does not fit all. If something needs to be recalled or costly changes need to be made, better small scale than National or global.

Control V.S. Choice.

Equal outcome and Liberty do not coexist. It is not the place of Government to control the outcome of the game, but to maintain the integrity of the Field and play, and to show no partiality as referee.

Forum List

Back