ugh, what can we do about brainwashed college aged libs? in all honesty.

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
Some girl was spouting crap about how glenn beck sucks because he spreads conspiracy theories like fema camps and she heard it from a professor. Being college aged myself, I can't stand liberal professors (ill live with em though -.-) but it's like...what gives these people the right to spout straight up lies in attempt to brainwash the youth into believing falsehoods? I don't understand why the youth can't do their own research and formulate their own opinions. They just go by what they are told by others...I mean, a simple search will show that glenn beck had a whole show dedicated to debunking crazy conspiracy theories AND EVEN DEBUNKED FEMA CAMPS...

I can't reason with these people...all I can do is pray they are in the minority.

Some girl was spouting crap about how glenn beck sucks because he spreads conspiracy theories like fema camps and she heard it from a professor. Being college aged myself, I can't stand liberal professors (ill live with em though -.-) but it's like...what gives these people the right to spout straight up lies in attempt to brainwash the youth into believing falsehoods? I don't understand why the youth can't do their own research and formulate their own opinions. They just go by what they are told by others...I mean, a simple search will show that glenn beck had a whole show dedicated to debunking crazy conspiracy theories AND EVEN DEBUNKED FEMA CAMPS...

I can't reason with these people...all I can do is pray they are in the minority.

Let's not be too hard on the college age set, as they have their hands full in the search for sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll to be searching for truth.

The sadness is that a decade or so later so many still believe the hype.

Who can blame the young for a belief in the (Marxist) concept of a utopia that must be built on the ashes of the current world. Add to the mix, the innervating sense of being wronged, being the supposed victim of capitalism and American ‘imperialism, flush with the moral indignation it invests!

Now for the good news. The very existence of spaces like the USMB suggest that LAS'ers (Long Attention Span'ers) are on the rise. And it seems that best sellers are longer, as are block-buster movies.

To me, that means that we can still hope for more thinking, for the once-young to "do their own research and formulate their own opinionans" and realize that the traditional truths of the Founders are superior to those of the juvenile 'progressive' one-worlders.

Well the problem you're suffering here, is that you're trying to apply reason to an unreasonable situation.

Leftists ARE Leftists because they lack the intellectual means to reason. Which is to say, that if they possessed the means to reason, they wouldn't be leftists... Thus trying to reason with one; believing that you can actually reason with a Leftist, will generate the same amount of frustration as believeing that you can actually teach origami to a jack-hammer; you can try, but you won't impress that jack-hammer; nor will you advance sound reason.

It is ALWAYS a mistake to try and convince a Leftist of anything; the intellectual means of the common Leftist is 10,000 miles wide... and just about as deep as their shadow. As PC noted above; the young one's have the potential to outgrow it; but the old Leftists... aren't worth the food it takes to sustain them; they're counter productive to the species on the whole and are to be ostricized and shoved WAY back in the cultural closet; out of site and where they can't infect others with the virulent intellectual disorder.

As a general rule, I prefer to simply berate and belittle their sorry asses; laugh at 'em... they're fools and they deserve absolutely NOTHING but ridicule...

Last edited:
Very few people think for themselves any more. They rely on others to tell them how they should feel about a particular subject or what their opinion should be. Just like a computer. Garbage in. Garbage out. Pretty much sums up any liberal I have ever known.

until President Jimmy Carter, now if that was not a dose of a cold bucket of water in the face I don't know what was.

Obama is worse, sometimes we need to have an extreme leftist as President so we know exactly what to watch out for in the future. There is hope, Americans are waking up and paying attention, that's why the extreme drop in the polls.:lol::lol:

Why assume that they're brainwashed? Perhaps they simply believe in their ideas as much as you believe in yours. Maybe some of them don't have all the facts on a given topic, but that's where I've found that simply opening up a dialogue goes a long way. Maybe you simply don't have all the facts on a given topic, and opening up that dialogue will give you a better understanding. If you don't agree with something somebody says then simply enter the discussion and challenge them, in a polite way of course. I've found that most political science professors are quite happy to find that their students are interested enough in a topic to hold a serious discussion about it, and I'd say that's probably true of a professor in any field.

My son considers himself a libertarian and is studying politics at CUA in D.C. He has been THROWN OUT of classes for conservative comments. The good news though is that he joined both the college Republicans (because the girls are gorgeous) and the college Dems (the girls are easy) lol They welcome his libertarian views. I think there's still hope for the young'ins.

My son considers himself a libertarian and is studying politics at CUA in D.C. He has been THROWN OUT of classes for conservative comments. The good news though is that he joined both the college Republicans (because the girls are gorgeous) and the college Dems (the girls are easy) lol They welcome his libertarian views. I think there's still hope for the young'ins.

Well I'm a Libertarian and have never had any negative reactions to anything I've said, other than some people simply disagreeing. I'd have to say your sons experience is likely an isolated incident and not the norm.

Leftists ARE Leftists because they lack the intellectual means to reason. Which is to say, that if they possessed the means to reason, they wouldn't be leftists...
Important to differentiate here, and make sure we recognize this broad brush generalization isn't really very accurate.

MOST of the Leftist leadership (academia) does not fit into your description. These are highly intelligent, reasoning people who have chosen to eschew logic, reason and their intellect. They are willingly dishonest and are using their intellect and reasoning abilities to keep the morbidly unintelligent and the overly emotional on the puppet strings.

Many of the leftist followers are as you have described, however, but most really are just using their emotions rather than their reasoning abilities, to decide things. They are intellectually sloppy and lazy, are highly intelligent, but for some reason don't want to actually USE this intelligence for anything resembling critical thought and analysis. They use it instead, to be good little puppets and parrots, defending The Obama and being apologists. There is a good percentage of these who also are dishonest however, even with themselves.

Never underestimate the intelligence and purposeful intent of the leftist leadership folks. They are not stupid, they know exactly what they are doing.

Well the problem you're suffering here, is that you're trying to apply reason to an unreasonable situation.

Leftists ARE Leftists because they lack the intellectual means to reason. Which is to say, that if they possessed the means to reason, they wouldn't be leftists... Thus trying to reason with one; believing that you can actually reason with a Leftist, will generate the same amount of frustration as believeing that you can actually teach origami to a jack-hammer; you can try, but you won't impress that jack-hammer; nor will you advance sound reason.

It is ALWAYS a mistake to try and convince a Leftist of anything; the intellectual means of the common Leftist is 10,000 miles wide... and just about as deep as their shadow. As PC noted above; the young one's have the potential to outgrow it; but the old Leftists... aren't worth the food it takes to sustain them; they're counter productive to the species on the whole and are to be ostricized and shoved WAY back in the cultural closet; out of site and where they can't infect others with the virulent intellectual disorder.

As a general rule, I prefer to simply berate and belittle their sorry asses; laugh at 'em... they're fools and they deserve absolutely NOTHING but ridicule...

You know, brother, that we are mostly on the same page, but here we need a modifier.

"Leftists ARE Leftists because they lack the intellectual means to reason."

There are thinking leftists. In fact, there are a number of varieties of leftists. It would be a mistake to paint the left with too broad a brush, so let me make clear that the left of which I speak has nothing to do with genuine liberals, such as Harry Truman, and Walter Reuether, and other Democrats who opposed totalitarianism.

It is the hard left, the radical left, and those who have succumbed to the siren song of these groups, either through ignorance or agreement. The left of today aligns more with tyranny in the Marxist belief that utopia will only be achieved through the destruction of democracy.

There are many, many more who you and I would consider leftists, but are so because they have been at the mercy of public school 'teachers,' and college and university professors, or have found it easier to nod and agree rather than do the reading and research necessary to resist.

We must give the other side of the argument, and do it without the venom- which is, after all, the province of the left- and hope that while they still mouth the bumper stickers and sound bytes, they do the right thing in the privacy of the voting booth.

Look at the testimony of Maple, and have faith.

MM and PC...

I'm 49 years old... I've been debating since I my freshman year in HS... with an insatiable appetite for politics...

I've never come across an example of these highly intelligent Leftists. Not one...

I've met those who were potentially brighter than the next... but I must simply and respectfully disagree with you both on this one.

I see your point and I respect your respective opinions... but I've never encountered such.

To the individual, every human being which I have encountered that espouses such views has been an ignoramous across the board.

Now I'm prepared to accept that they're intellectually lazy... but that is par tand parcel of being an ignoramous.

Again... no disprespect intended; it just that given my experience, I simply disagree...

MM and PC...

I'm 49 years old... I've been debating since I my freshman year in HS... with an insatiable appetite for politics...

I've never come across an example of these highly intelligent Leftists. Not one...

I've met those who were potentially brighter than the next... but I must simply and respectfully disagree with you both on this one.

I see your point and I respect your respective opinions... but I've never encountered such.

To the individual, every human being which I have encountered that espouses such views has been an ignoramous across the board.

Now I'm prepared to accept that they're intellectually lazy... but that is par tand parcel of being an ignoramous.

Again... no disprespect intended; it just that given my experience, I simply disagree...

Pubes, there are a great many on this board that think you're as stooopid as they come.

You've also made some of the most idiotic comments I've ever read on a message board or heard in real life.

I'm sure you wouldn't accuse of that your little Hannity-O'Reilly-Beck fanclub buddies for just mindlessly repeating their stupid shit... It happens everywhere, there are ignorant fucks everywhere.

I've just recently graduated with a BA in International Affairs, read - lots of POLSCI classes. I've witnessed and been part of political debates in classes and outside as well and one thing I've noticed was that everyone with either far left ideas (I mean faaaar left) and far right ideas (mindless Hannity, O'Reilly followers) were extremely impolite little fucks that were totally incapable of debating anything and anybody. Just repeating the same shit over and over is not a debate... it's a temper tantrum and that's what I've observed many many times.

Oh... it's you who neg repped me for calling Beck an idiot. You could have at least spelled 'uneducated' right in your little neg rep comment, sparky. But you don't seem that bright, so I'm not expecting much from you...

Last edited:

Wow. A choice between gorgeous girls or easy girls... What's a guy to do? Now I know how Independents came about!!!:lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure you wouldn't accuse of that your little Hannity-O'Reilly-Beck fanclub buddies for just mindlessly repeating their stupid shit... It happens everywhere, there are ignorant fucks everywhere.

I've just recently graduated with a BA in International Affairs, read - lots of POLSCI classes. I've witnessed and been part of political debates in classes and outside as well and one thing I've noticed was that everyone with either far left ideas (I mean faaaar left) and far right ideas (mindless Hannity, O'Reilly followers) were extremely impolite little fucks that were totally incapable of debating anything and anybody. Just repeating the same shit over and over is not a debate... it's a temper tantrum and that's what I've observed many many times.

Oh... it's you who neg repped me for calling Beck an idiot. You could have at least spelled 'uneducated' right in your little neg rep comment, sparky. But you don't seem that bright, so I'm not expecting much from you...

You're missing the piece of the puzzle that is that college academia teaches extreme left views to kids in college.

Add that to their overweening egos and you have a mess that is our university system today.

The solution is to make these little shits pay for their own education, which means about half of them will actually have to work for a living for a while. Welcome to the real world, assholes, and your vision of it will become a little more realistic.

Nobody gets 'thrown out of classes' for making conservative comments. People get thrown out of classes for being impolite, not playing fair, name-calling, etc. I'm sure your son's professors would give you a slightly different story.

In my time in college nobody has ever gotten thrown out of any class for voicing any opinions. There were debates ended by professors when the 'debaters' turned into insufferable jerks with no manners.

If the son's professor did throw him out of a class for voicing his opinions, he/she should be reprimanded. That is not something any good school tolerates.

You're an ignorant little shit. They do get thrown out of class. For daring to disagree with their commie professors when they spout their commie bullshit and expect the kids to agree with it, and write accordingly.

"Like many schools and universities, the Los Angeles City College has some sort of code prohibiting "offensive" speech. Recently, a student there was apparently called a "fascist bastard" by a professor for voicing his religious opposition to gay marriage in a public speaking class. The professor also threatened to get him expelled, and the student has sued. From an LA Times editorial:

When a dispute between a teacher and a student ends up in court, at least one of the parties involved deserves detention. Jonathan Lopez, a student at Los Angeles City College who is suing the Community College District, says he was bullied by the teacher of his public-speaking course after he delivered a speech that included his religious views about marriage.

If Lopez's claims -- including allegations that his teacher, John Matteson, called him a "fascist bastard" and told him to "ask God what your grade is" -- are accurate, Matteson's behavior was unconscionable. Even in a college classroom, where there is a tradition of professors provoking lively discussion, his words would be a violation of a professional trust. The teacher also would have crossed a legal line. As Lopez's lawyers point out in their federal complaint, the courts have ruled that public schools may not discriminate against student speech because it is religious in character.

Yes they have. The legal claim is discussed here by the outfit that filed the suit:
Last week, attorneys with the Alliance Defense Fund Center for Academic Freedom filed a lawsuit on Jonathan Lopez's behalf against officials of the Los Angeles Community College District, including Professor Matteson, citing the professor's clear violation of the student's First Amendment protections.

"When students are given such open-ended assignments in a public speaking class, the First Amendment protects their ability to express their views," said ADF Senior Counsel David French. "Professor Matteson clearly violated Mr. Lopez's free speech rights by engaging in viewpoint discrimination and retaliation because he disagreed with the student's religious beliefs.

"Moreover, the district has a speech code that has created a culture of censorship on campus. America's public universities and colleges are supposed to be a 'marketplace of ideas,' not a hotbed of intolerance." (Shortly after the November election, Matteson told his entire class, "If you voted yes on Proposition 8, you are a fascist bastard." I apologize for the verbatim reports, but you'll note Matteson's epithets are not distinguished by their variety.)

"Christian students shouldn't be penalized or discriminated against for speaking about their beliefs," said French. "Public institutions of higher learning cannot selectively censor Christian speech. This student was speaking well within the confines of his professor's assignment when he was censored and ultimately threatened with expulsion."

Well, shame on that professor for using his power (which was the power of the state) to stifle free speech. "
Classical Values :: Does zero intolerance lead to zero tolerance?

"As long as he was opposing same-sex marriage on religious grounds -- and not harassing individual students -- he was making an argument that figured prominently in the public debate about Proposition 8. It's not an argument this page finds persuasive, but we wouldn't try to suppress it. Neither should a college preparing students to live in a contentious democracy.

On Lopez's evaluation form, Matteson wrote that proselytizing "is inappropriate in public school." If he's referring to himself and other teachers, he's correct. If he's referring to college students expressing their views in an open forum, he deserves a failing grade in Free Speech 101."
College speaking 101 - Los Angeles Times

My son is passionate about his beliefs, but he is not disrespectful. I believe his side of the story. This election was the most divided in all my memory. Anyone who paid attention prior to this election knew he was a Marxist. The rest of the country is only learning this now.

"A recent study by Santa Clara University researcher Daniel Klein estimated that among social science and humanities faculty members nationwide, Democrats outnumber Republicans by at least seven to one. In some fields it's as high as 30 to one. And in the last election, the two employers whose workers contributed the most to Sen. John Kerry's presidential campaign were the University of California system and Harvard University.
Many teachers insist personal politics don't affect teaching. But in a recent survey of students at 50 top schools by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni, a group that has argued there is too little intellectual diversity on campuses, 49 per cent reported at least some professors frequently commented on politics in class, even if it was outside the subject matter.

Thirty-one per cent said they felt there were some courses in which they needed to agree with a professor's political or social views to get a good grade.

Leading the movement is the group Students for Academic Freedom, with chapters on 135 campuses and close ties to David Horowitz, a one-time liberal campus activist turned conservative commentator. The group posts student complaints on its website about alleged episodes of grading bias and unbalanced, anti-American propaganda by professors _ often in classes, such as literature, in which it's off-topic."
Latest academic freedom fight pits conservative students vs. liberal profs - News - Students For Academic Freedom

"Three students at the University of North Carolina filed a lawsuit in May, 2002 after being told that incoming freshman at UNC were required to read "Approaching the Qur'an: The Early Revelations." The book was translated and edited by Michael Sells, a Professor of Religion at Harverford College. What incoming freshman students objected to is that "Approaching the Qu'ran," which contains 35 suras (the moral codes of Islam) from the Qu'ran, was required reading for all incoming freshman to UNC.."

Jon Christian Ryter -- College Students Now Sue Liberal Instructors

"Felkner said he received failing grades in Ryczek's class for holding viewpoints opposed to the progressive direction of the class.

Felkner says he was also discriminated against by Professor Roberta Pearlmutter, who he says refused to allow him to participate in a group project lobbying for a conservative issue because the assignment was to lobby for a liberal issue. He alleges that Perlmutter spent a 50-minute class "assailing" his views and allowed students to openly ridicule his conservative positions, and that she reduced his grade because he was not "progressive."
FOXNews.com - Student Says School Persecuted Him for Being Conservative - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Forum List

Back