Uganda: Kill all the gays, and their friends, too

Stupidity should be made "illegal" in the United States.
We as a race of people, are not at liberty to litigate how two consenting exercise their birthright
to express feelings of affection towards one another. Where is the "God only may judge crowd?"

We as a race of people, are not at liberty to litigate how two consenting exercise their birthright
to express feelings of affection towards one another. Where is the "God only may judge crowd?"

not here.

The conservative involvement in Uganda proves they want that here.

The rational conservatives (like me) have already made our opinions clear on this - when it was actually news... and we have done likewise on other threads. Personally, I am disinclined to get all excited about some thing that is over a year old, has already been discussed several times on this board, and this thread is just some dumbassed attention seeking little twit's attempt to curry favor with her superiors. I don't indulge whining children.

I'm missing a piece of the puzzle. What help from American Conservatives?

Scott Lively and a number of other American Christian pastors. None of this seems to bother 'mainstream" christians. They could care less.

I love my new sig. It so perfectly describes "THEM".

Every time Warrior feels the need to defend Nazi Bitch, I LMAO. Gawd. Can you imagine the offspring those two would create?

roflrush.jpg

Wow, the second time this week you've whined about a neg rep.

Tissue, asswipe ?

Hey guys sorry to bother,....
Why the Uganda want to kill all the gays and their friends too. What is there logic besides this to kill all the gays with their friends,... will they really do so?

There was a really good documentary about this on Current. It was really upsetting to see American hate- mongers have a hand in the decisions being made in Uganda.

There was a really good documentary about this on Current. It was really upsetting to see American hate- mongers have a hand in the decisions being made in Uganda.

It's amazing to me that anybody - and I mean anybody - would think this is a good idea. Would not understand that gays are born, and have every right to every right that we hold dear. They shouldn't have to live in fear. They shouldn't have to stay in the closet. They should be able to marry their dearly beloved, and have all the rights that married people have.

They should NOT be declared 'mentally ill', especially when every major mental health organization does not recognize being gay as any sort of mental deviation.

It's amazing to me that anybody - and I mean anybody - would think this is a good idea. Would not understand that gays are born, and have every right to every right that we hold dear. They shouldn't have to live in fear. They shouldn't have to stay in the closet. They should be able to marry their dearly beloved, and have all the rights that married people have.

They should NOT be declared 'mentally ill', especially when every major mental health organization does not recognize being gay as any sort of mental deviation.

Several people argue it's the way to fight AIDS. If it was strictly people with AIDS they were restricting having sex, that would be another thing,

I'm surprised at how many Christians here think this legislation is acceptable.

For those who think this is an old story, this one is three days old:

http://www.towleroad.com/2011/09/wikileaks-ugandan-first-lady-behind-kill-the-gays-bill.html

Last edited:
We're back to this again? Dear Lord! Can you not check the date of the crap you post? Originally uploaded on Feb 15, 2010.

And, no. America will not. But please, don't let facts get in the way of your faux outrage.

WTF does date have to do with it, Nazi Girl?

And how do you know "America will not?" How do you KNOW that? If we become a Christian Nation, as Perry, Bachmann and their ilk are shooting for, how can you claim to have any idea what will or will not happen?

Dumbass.
BD,
With all due respect, that's simply not going to happen here. no matter how much SOME (most definitely not ALL) evangelical Christians , many of whom make up the "religious right" want it to. American Christianity is simply too diverse in its beliefs, and America as a whole too secular a society for this nation to become a theocracy. I believe what worries these people more is precisely the point that has been mentioned earlier; that each further step toward societal permissiveness, combined with political correctness run amok, brings America one step closer to European-style "hate speech laws", where those who believe this or that behavior to be "immoral" could be jailed or otherwise punished for the simple act of speaking out against it.

If you think about it, they have been given more than a little reason to fear this, given the sorts of "speech codes" that have made their way into some public schools and university campuses. While that's still some constitutional distance from being applicable to society as a whole; they see the mere existence of this sort of restriction on free speech as proof of the intent of their political opponents to seek to restrict or deny their first amendment rights. Even I am troubled by the remarks of certain liberals, who have openly expressed the desire to do just that. It is worth noting here that the democracies of Europe do NOT have the same tradition of unfettered free speech we enjoy. That is why the First Amendment MUST remain inviolate, no matter how noxious the forms of free expression it protects may be.

Somewhere between the repression of the fifties, and the extreme swing of the pendulum in the other direction, lies an unfamiliar land called "common sense and tolerance". We passed it by a while back; with luck, we may rediscover it yet...I hope.

Last edited:
Now, as far as executing people for their sexual orientation, that is as absurd (and repulsive), as lynching people for their skin color. What an individual's sexual orientation is, and how they choose to express it with other consenting adults, is their own affair; so long as it does not involve pedophilia (whether heterosexual or homosexual) or bestiality, I cannot see a societal stake in interfering with it. At the same time, those whose religious/ethical beliefs inform them that it is immoral have every right to SPEAK against it, without fear of reprisal.

It's rather like drinking alcohol. I drink it.Some people have religious or moral objections to that. Fine. They can SPEAK against it all they want (I might find that irritating, but it does me no real harm). IF on the other hand, they attempt to actually LEGISLATE against it, I have every right to claim that my rights are being violated! I might say the same for abortion, or any number of other religious or quasi-religious issues which have been injected (wrongly, I think) into our political discourse. The regulation of private morality is not the proper province of a free state. So long as another's conduct does not DIRECTLY infringe on your own rights, you have the right to try to persuade him/her to take another course, and that's where it stops. Anything beyond that, is, as John Stuart Mill noted, "....to demand that every other individual shall act in every respect, EXACTLY as I think he ought, and the moment he shall deviate in the smallest particular therefrom, I have the right to full redress under the law". I have seen both extreme liberals and extreme conservatives quite willing to violate that principle, (so long of course, as it was the other side's ox being gored), without recognizing the hypocrisy implicit in the act.

Last edited:
Now, as far as executing people for their sexual orientation, that is as absurd (and repulsive), as lynching people for their skin color.

What an individual's sexual orientation is, and how they choose to express it with other consenting adults, is their own affair
;

I cannot see a societal stake in interfering with it.

At the same time, those whose religious/ethical beliefs inform them that it is immoral have every right to SPEAK against it, without fear of reprisal.

It's rather like drinking alcohol. I drink it. Some people have religious or moral objections to that. Fine. They can SPEAK against it all they want (I might find that irritating, but it does me no real harm).

IF on the other hand, they attempt to actually LEGISLATE against it, I have every right to claim that my rights are being violated!

I might say the same for abortion, or any number of other religious or quasi-religious issues which have been injected (wrongly, I think) into our political discourse.

The regulation of private morality is not the proper province of a free state. So long as another's conduct does not DIRECTLY infringe on your own rights, you have the right to try to persuade him/her to take another course, and that's where it stops.

Anything beyond that, is, as John Stuart Mill noted, "....to demand that every other individual shall act in every respect, EXACTLY as I think he ought, and the moment he shall deviate in the smallest particular therefrom, I have the right to full redress under the law".

I have seen both extreme liberals and extreme conservatives quite willing to violate that principle, (so long of course, as it was the other side's ox being gored), without recognizing the hypocrisy implicit in the act.

Yes, these people are supposedly religious but only psychotic maniacs think executing gays is OK policy. These fools by virtue of their zealous fear and loathing are the ones who are actually keeping this topic of homosexuality in the news day after day after day...

The government of Uganda is considering passing a law to execute gay people. Execute as in by hanging a, quote, “serial offender” or an HIV-positive person who commits same sex act. If enacted, this law would also impose a three-year prison sentence on anyone who knows of a gay person in the country but doesn‘t report that gay person to the government within 24 hours.

Who is supporting and promoting this legislation? Well, one of the proponents is a minister named Pastor Martin Ssempa. He was a familiar face to American conservative Evangelicals, because Mr. Ssempa has been a frequent guest of Pastor Rick Warren at One Saddleback Church in California.

Given with Rick Warren‘s deep involvement with Pastor Ssempa on matters including gay rights and AIDS issues in Uganda, “Newsweek” magazine asked Pastor Rick Warren his opinion of this proposed “kill the gays” law in Uganda.

Mr. Warren responded by distancing himself from Martin Ssempa, but also by refusing to condemn the proposal saying, quote, “It is not my personal calling as a pastor in America to comment or interfere in the political process of other nations.”

The Rachel Maddow Show: U.S. Ties to Ugandan Anti-Gay Bill | Video Cafe

Hey guys sorry to bother,....
Why the Uganda want to kill all the gays and their friends too. What is there logic besides this to kill all the gays with their friends,... will they really do so?

Forum List

Back