UFO Sighting...By accident

That is better left to the purview of the 'Experts' that do these things for a living. I am not one nor do I pretend to be. All I know is what my camera caught, and that's about it.

But one thing to consider? There have been sightings of these things throughout Human history, and it is documented either on paper, or in stone in many ancient cultures.

Again? Whom really knows?

As someone pointed out, the image had the clouds in focus but not the object, which is likely attributed to a small insect or speck floating by at high speed ... which our eyes do not pick up. Because of the blurriness it would have to be much closer to you than the clouds, it's the way cameras work. Also, it's not really that our eyes don't pick up these things, our minds filter out such insignificant blurs so that what we are looking at is more easily translated. The camera does not do this. There are a lot of such things floating around you all day, you just don't notice them. If it was a craft it would have been much larger for it to be so out of focus in contrast to the clouds, since it would have had to be much closer than the clouds. Currently our camera technology can usually get a large "range" in focus, especially smart cameras.

In the first vid that I posted? It shows up from fame one. To you and those that view it? Keep hitting the "rewind" back to the beginning after the first few frames. You will see it scooting against the sky in a straight line. Bear in mind that the truck was going about 5 MPH as a comparison...

Also note? I was facing South. The Object was moving from the East to the West. There was a breeze that day and it was out of the South/Southeast. But I do not see it as a 'BUG'. Not moving that fast.

It is gone out of view in less than one second. Anyway? I appreciate your input nonetheless.

lol dude,

If it was right up close to your lense, the point is it's NOT traveling that fast. That's an optical illusion in the case of a bug being "close up." The speed WOULD look insanely fast, becasue the background is a large scape whereas the foreground is simply the width of the lense.

And bugs don't fly in wind patterns.

As someone pointed out, the image had the clouds in focus but not the object, which is likely attributed to a small insect or speck floating by at high speed ... which our eyes do not pick up. Because of the blurriness it would have to be much closer to you than the clouds, it's the way cameras work. Also, it's not really that our eyes don't pick up these things, our minds filter out such insignificant blurs so that what we are looking at is more easily translated. The camera does not do this. There are a lot of such things floating around you all day, you just don't notice them. If it was a craft it would have been much larger for it to be so out of focus in contrast to the clouds, since it would have had to be much closer than the clouds. Currently our camera technology can usually get a large "range" in focus, especially smart cameras.

In the first vid that I posted? It shows up from fame one. To you and those that view it? Keep hitting the "rewind" back to the beginning after the first few frames. You will see it scooting against the sky in a straight line. Bear in mind that the truck was going about 5 MPH as a comparison...

Also note? I was facing South. The Object was moving from the East to the West. There was a breeze that day and it was out of the South/Southeast. But I do not see it as a 'BUG'. Not moving that fast.

It is gone out of view in less than one second. Anyway? I appreciate your input nonetheless.

lol dude,

If it was right up close to your lense, the point is it's NOT traveling that fast. That's an optical illusion in the case of a bug being "close up." The speed WOULD look insanely fast, becasue the background is a large scape whereas the foreground is simply the width of the lense.

And bugs don't fly in wind patterns.

A BUG? Sorry. Don't buy into that.

A BUG? Sorry. Don't buy into that.

That's your perrogative, I respect that. Based on things "we know," "we know" that if a speck crosses your camera up-close and you're under the impression that it's "Far away," it would appear to be traveling super fast. That much "we know," and we also see the excellent clarity of your camera with the distant clouds, and so "we know" that there's something "up" with the resolution of said UFO, but a possible explanation "could be" that it's too CLOSE to be in focus, and so both the "speed" and the "clarity" of said image "can be" explained as "not a UFO" and so there's no reason TO explain it as such (in the extra-terrestrial sense) while there's alternative, much more common explanations available to us. That's my thought process.

It's not a fucking insect. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

I was looking at it again and if you take an angle from a point on the ground through the rear of the truck to the object and estimate the distance to the object at I dunno, half a mile, then sight it again in the second frame it's moved about 1/3 of the distance of the line to it in 1/25 of a second so that's 1/6 of a mile in 1/25 of a second or about 4 miles per second.

Yeah definately a fly.

This Planet is full of fucking retards. I wonder why they even bother visiting. Probably just to laugh at how fucking stupid we are. We must be the Galaxy's Late Night Comedy Channel

I was looking at it again and if you take an angle from a point on the ground through the rear of the truck to the object and estimate the distance to the object at I dunno, half a mile, then sight it again in the second frame it's moved about 1/3 of the distance of the line to it in 1/25 of a second so that's 1/6 of a mile in 1/25 of a second or about 4 miles per second.

Yeah definately a fly.

This Planet is full of fucking retards. I wonder why they even bother visiting. Probably just to laugh at how fucking stupid we are. We must be the Galaxy's Late Night Comedy Channel

Your calculations only hold up if it's almost as far as the clouds ... in which case it would be in focus, if the blur was because of the speed there would be "interlace trails" ... not a blur.

Yeah definately a fly.

Your calculations only hold up if it's almost as far as the clouds ... in which case it would be in focus, if the blur was because of the speed there would be "interlace trails" ... not a blur.

If I've overestimated by 400% it's still moving a mile a second. If its 650 feet away that's 1/8 of a mile and would still mean it's traveling about a mile a second.

Yeah definately a fly.

If I've overestimated by 400% it's still moving a mile a second. If its 650 feet away that's 1/8 of a mile and would still mean it's traveling about a mile a second.

how fast is it going if it's 1/4" from the lens, fucktard?

Like I said, Earth must be the 24/7 Late Night Never Close Comedy Network for the Galaxy because there's no sign of Intelligent life here. I'll bet they read these posts on some Alien TV Show "the Galaxies Dumbest Fucking Creatures"

Maybe it was a spider spinning a web on the lens?

Like I said, Earth must be the 24/7 Late Night Never Close Comedy Network for the Galaxy because there's no sign of Intelligent life here. I'll bet they read these posts on some Alien TV Show "the Galaxies Dumbest Fucking Creatures"

Your brain really can't process this? If the camera was focused at a distance, anything directly in front of it would be a blur. Also, anything passing directly (inches/centimeters) in front of the lens.....a bug......a speck of dust, what the fuck ever...............if "thought" to be miles away would appear to be travelling super stellar speed.......that's called an "optical illusion" lil franky, say it with me: o-p-t-i-c-a-l illusion.

your dumbassed self is referencing the man in the mirror talking dumb-fuck. seriously.

whats the relevant clue, in your brilliant mind, it's not something right in front of the lens? let's hear your uber logic, birther.

Your brain really can't process this? If the camera was focused at a distance, anything directly in front of it would be a blur. Also, anything passing directly (inches/centimeters) in front of the lens.....a bug......a speck of dust, what the fuck ever...............if "thought" to be miles away would appear to be travelling super stellar speed.......that's called an "optical illusion" lil franky, say it with me: o-p-t-i-c-a-l illusion.

your dumbassed self is referencing the man in the mirror talking dumb-fuck. seriously.

whats the relevant clue, in your brilliant mind, it's not something right in front of the lens? let's hear your uber logic, birther.

I'm sure lots of specks of dust are in the picture, the problem is the camera is not focused on them, so there goes the "Speck o' dust" theory.

Now it could be an insect, but we know that bats eat insects so there should be a bat on it's tail no?

Also, let's say this insect was a Fly and about 1/2 an inch in length from its disgusting proboscis to his filthy hind quarters. Well, if it was a foot away from the 2 inch diameter lens its would probably cover a significant portion of the field of vision and the blur the rest of the picture, but, we're just not getting any readings from this Fly in the Sky. If it was further, the auto focus, which is focused on the truck (the big white thing in the pictures) would not pick up this magical flying, bat avoiding "insect"

Maybe it's a Giant Palmetto Bug about 10 feet away and it zips off into the horizon at a mile a second?

Prof Plum, with a wrench in the Study?

Clue: get one today

Your turn

I'm sure lots of specks of dust are in the picture, the problem is the camera is not focused on them, so there goes the "Speck o' dust" theory.

Now it could be an insect, but we know that bats eat insects so there should be a bat on it's tail no?

Also, let's say this insect was a Fly and about 1/2 an inch in length from its disgusting proboscis to his filthy hind quarters. Well, if it was a foot away from the 2 inch diameter lens its would probably cover a significant portion of the field of vision and the blur the rest of the picture, but, we're just not getting any readings from this Fly in the Sky. If it was further, the auto focus, which is focused on the truck (the big white thing in the pictures) would not pick up this magical flying, bat avoiding "insect"

Maybe it's a Giant Palmetto Bug about 10 feet away and it zips off into the horizon at a mile a second?

Prof Plum, with a wrench in the Study?

Clue: get one today

Your turn
this is good stuff. it's focused on the distance, which is why something close-up WOULD appear blurred, as it does, thanx dumdum. amd there's insects much smaller than 1/2 inch long, that's just more "put fingers in ears and go la-la-la-" explanations. Do i need to site tiny flying insects for ya also? u even serious right now? it's tough to tell if someone is sincerely this dumb.

Last edited:
u seriously used "a bat should be chasing it" as evidence it's not a bug? REALLY? and had the audacity to call anyone retarted? REALLY...........?

lol REALLY?

Surely you jest, I saw the rep. hehehe, jokes on me I guess. I'm not saying it's "not" as I do believe, as I said, but this particular video is definitely explainable by other means. You have to be a skeptic to achieve objectivity and also credibility with these topics.

u seriously used "a bat should be chasing it" as evidence it's not a bug? REALLY? and had the audacity to call anyone retarted? REALLY...........?

lol REALLY?

Logic bounced off you like water off a duck, so I had to resort to the absurd.

lol REALLY?

You used no logic, though, that's the issue. You claim there's no insect small enough to appear as a speck on a lense, that's factually incorrect. Again, no logic.

Then you used the focus as your "defense," when in reality, the focus aspect works against your stance. You see, if a camera is focused on something in the distance, it's not things distant that appear a blur. It's things very close-up. Your "logic" was never thrown to be bounced back to begin with.

lol REALLY?

You used no logic, though, that's the issue. You claim there's no insect small enough to appear as a speck on a lense, that's factually incorrect. Again, no logic.

Then you used the focus as your "defense," when in reality, the focus aspect works against your stance. You see, if a camera is focused on something in the distance, it's not things distant that appear a blur. It's things very close-up. Your "logic" was never thrown to be bounced back to begin with.

Between my wife and I, we've taken maybe 10,000 pictures, lots of landscapes, shot thousands of hours of video (Still transferring them to video) and have never, ever, not once seen what you report happened with your Giant Mutant Palmetto Bug.

Somewhere I have a video from NC or FL of Palmetto bugs flying around a light pole; maybe we can see if one in my video resembles the one The T caught in his.

Between my wife and I, we've taken maybe 10,000 pictures, lots of landscapes, shot thousands of hours of video (Still transferring them to video) and have never, ever, not once seen what you report happened with your Giant Mutant Palmetto Bug.

Your logic fails you again. Using "my wife and I" as proof it's "impossible," is called anecdotal evidence. Try again.

You see, the fact that you can just go find a video with a bug on it pretty simply with Google should either A: make you feel real silly right now, B: hurt your ego, or C: make ya say aww shucks. Depends on what kinda man you are. Either way, "logic" hasn't been presented to exclude the bug theory and worst of all, you called those proposing it as an explanation retarted. Epitome of Elmer Fudd, bro.

You're the one assigning it as an insect and also the type of insect.........................also known in "logic" as "projecting" and then arguing against your OWN projection to feel a sense of "I'm right!!" where it's really not warranted. It could be ANYthing tiny. There's MILLIONS of insects, let alone random dust/dirt/scrap particles.

Forum List

Back