UFC ~ Lesner vs. Carwin predictions

Well...Carwin almost got him....but that only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. The Vanilla Gorrilla took him out with a triangle choke. No doubt they trained for that scenario when they spotted the weakness in the fight films.

I'm not sold on Carwin after seeing that fight. If he can work on his cardio and show that he can deal with multi-round fights, maybe. But if he has to win in the first round, I think Lesnar now knows how powerful Carwin is, has shown he can take the punishment and keep going, and has better all-around skills so would be able to make the fight go into multiple rounds and win again.

Of course, Carwin DOES have that incredible power, so at any time he has a chance of knocking any opponent out. I'd definitely like to see a rematch.

I will give a pro-tip to anyone wondering what happens to Carwin.

He's a nice fellow, Generally, but in a fight he is tempermental.

For those who have been in a street-fight, you'll get this: your body's "fight or flight" response in defending itself shoots out all of your testosterone, almost instantly. After roughly 30-seconds, your legs and arms are heavy and like jello. The reason this happens is purely hormonal. What professional fighters do to avoid this, is temper themselves. It is important in a Professional bout to always keep your "head" and not lose your temper. When your temper is lost, you will Gas and need recovery time.

Onto Carwin. I noticed in his Frank Mir fight that when he finally finished the fight, it was because he seemed to "snap" and just started "going off" on Mir. Like something totally flipped, watch it again to notice. I believe his adrenaline suddenly rushed and he lost his temper. It was my theory, after this fight, that if this happens to him..........and he DOESN'T score the knockout in that moment, he will gas.

So many people blame this on conditioning (cardio). It's not. Do you think he was honky-dory, not running/sprinting/busting ass 112%? No.....his physique was ready. It's his temperment, and inability to control his "fight or flight" levels of testosterone, that got the better of him...........................and if he doesn't address that, he will never be at the top.

Lesner looked terrible boxing, I thought after the second mir fight he would box better. That said Vanilla gorilla is obviously the right name.
Also agree carwin needs to learn to pace himself, I agree with him going off half cocked and his adreniline burnt out in round 1. I remember Ali relaxing as foreman punched himself out on Ali's arms. Carwin was foreman.

Lesner looked terrible boxing, I thought after the second mir fight he would box better. That said Vanilla gorilla is obviously the right name.
Also agree carwin needs to learn to pace himself, I agree with him going off half cocked and his adreniline burnt out in round 1. I remember Ali relaxing as foreman punched himself out on Ali's arms. Carwin was foreman.

Exactly right. There's a big difference between being out of shape, and being ill-tempered to fight. He is an ill-tempered fighter who's hands are so tough, it hasn't caught up until his title shot.

He has the skill, but as said temperament can be extremely tough to control. Maybe watching the first round 100 times could calm his chi into knowing he can easily beat Brock if he can control his mind first.
Obviously Brock has the mental toughness edge exponentially.

Forum List

Back