Never3ndr

Silver Member
Feb 29, 2016
Tonight UFC 196 goes down. The headline fight is between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz...two men who love money and love to fight. Co-headliner is Holly Holm (infamously headkicking Ronda Rousey out of fighting and into Hollywood for the next year) and Misha Tate...who has been clawing for a title shot for the past couple of years.

The entire card is pretty stacked with fights like Sanchez vs. Miller being on the undercard or Nunes vs. Shevchenko getting zero coverage. Anybody else excited? I know I am.

I really want to see Diaz win...but I'd be lying if I didn't expect McGregor to come away with a "W". The primary reason is that Diaz is pretty infamous for being hit and miss on being in shape...the fact that he only got a 2 week notice for this fight leaves me thinking it might be similar to when McGregor fought Chad Mendes on short notice and the Chad was gassing at the end of the 2nd round. I hope Diaz was in pretty good shape when he got the call, and I hope it is a great fight...but I feel that Conor having the full fight camp of preparation gives him a HUGE edge in this fight.

McG isn't ripped for his weight class but Diaz is, so I don't think McG's skills are going to win him the fight

but I'll be a work

I think Diaz is going to beat the ever living shit out of him and I hope so. I can't stand McGregor and that leprechaun accent of his drives me nuts.

I hate watching Diaz brother fights. Why are they popular?

Let me know the results.

Ronda roussey is in great shape. She'll have a career in Hollywood and she can hold out for huge rematch money. If bet she tries to wrestle her next fight

McG isn't ripped for his weight class but Diaz is, so I don't think McG's skills are going to win him the fight

but I'll be a work

I think Diaz is going to beat the ever living shit out of him and I hope so. I can't stand McGregor and that leprechaun accent of his drives me nuts.
from what I caught on the news, it was a beating

I hate watching Diaz brother fights. Why are they popular?

Let me know the results.

Ronda roussey is in great shape. She'll have a career in Hollywood and she can hold out for huge rematch money. If bet she tries to wrestle her next fight
I don't know why either, they can barely speak and what you do understand is usually insulting to someone

The banty rooster got his ass kicked…:dance::dance:
I hate it that the girl who beat Ronda was just a buster Douglas.

We have no idea at this point if Holm will bounce back from the loss. She wasn't getting destroyed for the entire fight or anything like that. Tate had a good game plan and was clearly the better grappler.

I don't know why McGregor took this fight. He was 25 lbs above his normal fight weight, and unlike the original plan, he wasn't fighting for a belt. I guess, in the end, it was a situation he couldn't really lose. If he loses the fight (as he did) it doesn't really reflect that badly on him. How many fighters can go that much higher in weight and still be as strong?

The real draw of the main fight was that two shit-talking assholes (at least in their public personas) got to go at it. I actually thought McGregor did a decent job of accepting the loss after the fight.

I wonder if Rousey is now going to get a chance to beat Tate for a third time to get her belt back. :dunno:

If i had to guess, I'd say that Rousey comes back, beats Tate, loses to Holm in the rematch, and then retires.

As far as McGregor, I heard a lot of rumors (Dana White even saying this in a post-fight interview) that Conor was using this fight (assuming he won) as justification for a Lawler vs McGregor fight at 200...because I think everybody pretty much knew that RDA was probably the worst match for Conor...in the entire roster of the UFC.

I just wish that we had had the Diaz v McGregor fight from the start though. The buildup...even though it was short...was so much fun.

TALEB V SILVA IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE FIGHTS EVER! WHAT A KNOCKOUT!

THOSE ARE 2 OF MY FAVORITE FIGHTERS!

Forum List

Back