UCLA shooting.

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
BFE Texas.
waiting to get my fingers set and it's all over the news. Foux is on right now. the reporters are having a blast, and the blond info babe that makes coffee an helps out orgasims every time they say "long gun". How long before a gun ban, and who will be first to call for t?

Bbbbut didn't the alleged gunman obey the gun free zone signs?

complete and utter disregard for federal and state laws. One thing I have noticed here of late, when the press is so short on details, one of two things has happened. one is, it was nothing more then a murder, They c said it was a mass shooting at first, but only two people have been hit so far. the second thing that typically happens is its a couple guys like perpetrated the San Bernie shootings.

California gunman 'had kill list'...
icon_omg.gif

UCLA gunman had 'kill list,' linked to second slaying in Minnesota
2 June`16 - The gunman who shot and killed a UCLA professor Wednesday has been identified as Mainak Sarkar, a former doctoral student who had accused the victim of stealing his computer code and giving it to someone else, according to Los Angeles police.
Sarkar, 38, took his own life after killing William Klug, 39, in a small office in UCLA Engineering Building 4, sources confirmed. Sarkar, a resident of Minnesota, appears also to have killed a woman in a small town in that state, officials said. The woman’s name was found on a “kill list” in Sarkar’s residence, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said. A second UCLA professor’s name was on that list as well, along with Klug’s name. “There is no good reason for this,” Beck said.

Klug was an associate professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering and had been the target of Sarkar’s anger on social media for months. On March 10, Sarkar called the professor a “very sick person” who should not be trusted. “William Klug, UCLA professor is not the kind of person when you think of a professor. He is a very sick person. I urge every new student coming to UCLA to stay away from this guy,” Sarkar wrote. “He made me really sick. Your enemy is my enemy. But your friend can do a lot more harm. Be careful about whom you trust.”

600x338

Police respond to the UCLA campus after a shooting Wednesday​

A source called the gunman’s accusations “absolutely untrue.” “The idea that somebody took his ideas is absolutely psychotic,” the source said. Beck said that Sarkar had written two notes, one of which had a list of names that included Klug, the dead woman and another UCLA professor. “It was a list that made the readers believe he was going to kill,” Beck said. Sarkar had driven from Minnesota to Los Angeles with two semiautomatic handguns, and investigators were still searching for the vehicle, which the chief described as a gray Nissan Sentra with Minnesota license plates 720KTW. Beck said police don’t expect the vehicle to be “any significant danger,” but officials ask anyone who sees it to call police.

Beck said the second professor named on the list has been contacted and “is fine,” but police wouldn’t reveal that person’s name. Beck said that professor also taught Sarkar when he was a student at UCLA. Klug, who was described by friends as a kind and caring man, bent over backward to help Sarkar finish his dissertation and graduate even though the quality of his work was not stellar, the source added. "Bill was extremely generous to this student, who was a subpar student,” the source said. “He helped him out and interceded for him academically." In his doctoral dissertation, submitted in 2013, Sarkar expressed gratitude to Klug for his help and support.

MORE

See also:

After day of fear, UCLA students grapple with resuming classes, feeling 'normal' again
2 June`16 - UCLA quickly announced plans to hold most classes as scheduled on Thursday, the day after a murder-suicide in which two people died. But as thousands of rattled UCLA students gathered their belongings — and bearings — after a terrifying morning of hiding in restrooms, texting loved ones and attempting to barricade classroom doors from a gunman, the thought of resuming business as usual seemed impossible.
“I have to go back to the same area where the shooting happened tomorrow, I have to go back to the same area where I was in lockdown tomorrow. It’s just not going to feel the same,” Catherine Lowe, a freshman studying biology, said Wednesday. “I can’t focus, I’m supposed to write an essay due on Friday, and I can’t focus on anything right now because I’m in shock.” “Two people died here today,” she said, her voice trailing off. Lowe had been at a professor’s office hours Wednesday when cellphones buzzed to life across campus with alerts of a possible shooting.

600x338

UCLA students return to campus after shooting​

For two hours, Lowe hid in the dark, joining thousands of others who found themselves racing to barricade classroom doors with desks, projectors and anything else they could find as a chaos of information flooded social media. By 12:05 p.m., police confirmed that two men had been killed in an engineering building. The campus was declared safe, and UCLA officials lifted a lockdown that had canceled classes for the day. All classes, except those in engineering, were to resume Thursday, the university said. Engineering classes will resume once authorities have completed their investigation, which could be as early as Friday. Final exams still are expected to begin next week.

“We anticipate final exams will go forward as scheduled, but should a student feel they need alternative arrangements in light of today’s events, they can work with their professors to discuss alternatives,” UCLA spokesman Ricardo Vazquez said. Classes and exams that were canceled Wednesday will be handled on a case-by-case basis with professors and their students, Vazquez added. Some professors, for example, have asked students to complete and post their assignments online. Others are extending office hours or offering extra review sessions to make up for the lost class time.

Many students said they couldn’t imagine going back to “normal” after what happened Wednesday. Andrew Avelino, a senior majoring in history, stood outside Dodd Hall Wednesday and looked out at the vast courtyard, empty except for reporters and a couple of students. "It's very eerie," he said, noting that during finals week the courtyard and nearby library are normally bustling with students turning in term papers and rushing to exams.

MORE

Forum List

Back