UC Davis English Department takes a stand.

Dr.Traveler

Mathematician
Aug 31, 2009
Front Page of the English Department at UC Davis

The faculty of the UC Davis English Department supports the Board of the Davis Faculty Association in calling for Chancellor Katehi’s immediate resignation and for “a policy that will end the practice of forcibly removing non-violent student, faculty, staff, and community protesters by police on the UC Davis campus.” Further, given the demonstrable threat posed by the University of California Police Department and other law enforcement agencies to the safety of students, faculty, staff, and community members on our campus and others in the UC system, we propose that such a policy include the disbanding of the UCPD and the institution of an ordinance against the presence of police forces on the UC Davis campus, unless their presence is specifically requested by a member of the campus community. This will initiate a genuinely collective effort to determine how best to ensure the health and safety of the campus community at UC Davis.

The faculty of the UC Davis English Department supports the Board of the Davis Faculty Association in calling for Chancellor Katehi’s immediate resignation and for “a policy that will end the practice of forcibly removing non-violent student, faculty, staff, and community protesters by police on the UC Davis campus.” Further, given the demonstrable threat posed by the University of California Police Department and other law enforcement agencies to the safety of students, faculty, staff, and community members on our campus and others in the UC system, we propose that such a policy include the disbanding of the UCPD and the institution of an ordinance against the presence of police forces on the UC Davis campus, unless their presence is specifically requested by a member of the campus community. This will initiate a genuinely collective effort to determine how best to ensure the health and safety of the campus community at UC Davis.

The ENGLISH Department has spoken!

I wonder if any of those brain surgeons thought about Virginia Tech-- or even Columbine.

I wonder if any of those brain surgeons thought about Virginia Tech-- or even Columbine.

This is absolute stupidity.

Every member of the English department that signed on that stupid ass statement should be fired (and given a parting gift of pepper spray to the face).

I honestly have no comment on this. I don't even have the ability to start to process what they're asking for. That's why I posted the OP without any commentary. Best to just let that one speak for itself.

Your response was.

The imbecile English Department professors at UC Davis actually had the temerity and the unmitigated imbecility to recommend that
* * * given the demonstrable threat posed by the University of California Police Department and other law enforcement agencies to the safety of students, faculty, staff, and community members on our campus and others in the UC system, we propose that such a policy include the disbanding of the UCPD and the institution of an ordinance against the presence of police forces on the UC Davis campus, unless their presence is specifically requested by a member of the campus community.

:cuckoo:

Excellent idea.

Why not hinder a police response to a life-threatening emergency by requiring additional delays?

You are such a massive moron, you could actually BE a UC Davis faculty adviser. You fucking dip-shit.

Your response was.

The imbecile English Department professors at UC Davis actually had the temerity and the unmitigated imbecility to recommend that
* * * given the demonstrable threat posed by the University of California Police Department and other law enforcement agencies to the safety of students, faculty, staff, and community members on our campus and others in the UC system, we propose that such a policy include the disbanding of the UCPD and the institution of an ordinance against the presence of police forces on the UC Davis campus, unless their presence is specifically requested by a member of the campus community.

Excellent idea.

Why not hinder a police response to a life-threatening emergency by requiring additional delays?

You are such a massive moron, you could actually BE a UC Davis faculty adviser. You fucking dip-shit.

They can dismantle it and replace it with those better trained with dealing with such situations.

Your response was.

Excellent idea.

They can dismantle it and replace it with those better trained with dealing with such situations.

THEN invite those highly trained quasi-professionals on to campus to give a something less than immediate response to a dire emergency.

Check

You fucking dip shit.

Your response was.

Excellent idea.

THEN invite those highly trained quasi-professionals on to campus to give a something less than immediate response to a dire emergency.

Check

You fucking dip shit.

Your insults prove me right.

Check

You fucking dip shit.

There is no connection between my recognition of what a fucking dip-shit you are and the obvious invalidity of your alleged "thought" process.

So, no.

My insults to and about you don't "prove" anything.

Your idiotic notions do, however, tend to prove that you are a fucking dip-shit.

:thup:

I thought this thread was gonna' be about UC Davis making the school better for Students or efforts to provide a world class education for them.

You'd think I'd have learned by now.

Check

You fucking dip shit.

There is no connection between my recognition of what a fucking dip-shit you are and the obvious invalidity of your alleged "thought" process.

So, no.

My insults to and about you don't "prove" anything.

Your idiotic notions do, however, tend to prove that you are a fucking dip-shit.

:thup:

Thank you for proving my point.

Forum List

Back