UAE High Court Rules Men Can Beat Wives, Young Children

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
UAE High Court Rules Men Can Beat Wives, Young Children if there are no visible marks

Monday, October 18th 2010, 8:59 AM

The UAE's highest judicial body says a man can beat his wife and young children as long as the beating leaves no physical marks. It's perfectly legal for a man to beat his wife and young children in the United Arab Emirates, as long as the assault leaves no physical marks, the country's highest court ruled.

Citing Islamic law, the Federal Supreme Court made the decision earlier this month in its ruling on a case of a man who slapped and kicked his daughter and slapped his wife, Abu Dhabi's The National reported Monday.

Read more: UAE high court rules men can beat wives, young children if there are no visible marks

UAE High Court Rules Men Can Beat Wives, Young Children if there are no visible marks

The UAE's highest judicial body says a man can beat his wife and young children as long as the beating leaves no physical marks. It's perfectly legal for a man to beat his wife and young children in the United Arab Emirates, as long as the assault leaves no physical marks, the country's highest court ruled.

Citing Islamic law, the Federal Supreme Court made the decision earlier this month in its ruling on a case of a man who slapped and kicked his daughter and slapped his wife, Abu Dhabi's The National reported Monday.

Read more: UAE high court rules men can beat wives, young children if there are no visible marks

How is this a "homeland"or security issue?

I just don't think it's right that Arab men think it's cool to beat women and children

There are plenty of Arab and non Arab men in this country that beat women and children. What happens in an Arab country is non of our "homeland" concern unless it is an impending attack on the USA.

If you think that Christians don't beat children you are stupid or a liar to yourself. Both of my younger brothers were beaten by the local preacher and a religious zealot public school teacher where we lived up on Orcas Island for not conforming to public prayer. I had left the Island just previous to the beatings and wasn't told about them for fear I would go back and take revenge. They never had the guts to even threaten me although I openly laughed at their demands to participate. I was a happy kid but did not suffer morons telling me what to do and gave them good reason not to. My brothers were not so direct and assertive.

Piss on all religions.

• Banned
There are plenty of Arab and non Arab men in this country that beat women and children. What happens in an Arab country is non of our "homeland" concern unless it is an impending attack on the USA.
The difference is that this is illegal in America, don't be such a pussy

The point is this is in the wrong Forum bud.

The Story is not surprising at all. That is what you get when Sharia is the law of the land.

I just don't think it's right that Arab men think it's cool to beat women and children

If you think that Christians don't beat children you are stupid or a liar to yourself.

You seem to be missing the point here sir. Nobody denies Christians beat their kids and wives too. The point to this story is that the UAE is making it legal for them to do so. Something that is rather common in Islamic nations ruled by Sharia law.

Last edited:

Rule of thumb, eh?

I always wondered why right wingers liked the UAE so much, I always thought it was for oil though?

CaféAuLait;2860261 said:
UAE, their country and their laws.

It's really none of our business. :cool:

Yet, to many Mexico should have a say in one of our states immigration laws? And or any other country?

the Many US citizens of hispanic descent?

US mexico is kinda like US Israel. Too much inbreeding to keep seperate.

The Story is not surprising at all. That is what you get when Sharia is the law of the land.

It's horrible to me. I remember watching a movie once where parents hit their kids with a phone book and in the stomach to assure they did not leave marks... I can't imagine what will be thought of to assure no marks are left. :(

CaféAuLait;2860266 said:

It's horrible to me. I remember watching a movie once where parents hit their kids with a phone book and in the stomach to assure they did not leave marks... I can't imagine what will be thought of to assure no marks are left. :(

Waterboarding?

It saves US lives remember.

CaféAuLait;2860266 said:

Waterboarding?

Waterboarding? Sorry I am not making the connection. You liken something happening at war or something believed to stop a man from blowing up a building killing innocents in any country to a man being legally allowed to beat an infant, or toddler or his wife because they forgot to take out the trash perhaps or did not make him dinner?

CaféAuLait;2860303 said:
CaféAuLait;2860266 said:

Waterboarding?

Waterboarding? Sorry I am not making the connection. You liken something happening at war or something believed to stop a man from blowing up a building killing innocents in any country to a man being legally allowed to beat an infant, or toddler or his wife because they forgot to take out the trash perhaps or did not make him dinner?

I just do not feel that we have any right to tell another country how to run their business.
We would not like it here, if the UAE told us we had to allow wife beating would we?

the water boarding leaves no marks either btw.

CaféAuLait;2860303 said:
Waterboarding?

I just do not feel that we have any right to tell another country how to run their business.
We would not like it here, if the UAE told us we had to allow wife beating would we?

the water boarding leaves no marks either btw.

So you think that Mexico should no say in our immigration laws? And that we should not care if another country is committing genocide? I just do not get how you make the leap from war time water boarding or terrorist related to a man being legally allowed to pound a 2 year old or his 12 year old wife for that matter.

Forum List

Back