U-turn

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Republicans need some new buzzwords in their campaign rhetoric if they want to win over the Tea party. “Change direction” isn’t working.

First off, the word “change” evokes memories of Hope & Change. Tea Partiers and Americans in general are not too happy with that one.

Secondly, using “direction” as a buzzword doesn’t resonate with voters.

Let’s say Hussein & Company are driving the country due South. Does changing direction mean that Republicans will change the course to South by west? That’s not changing direction in my political book.

In truth, Hussein is taking all the best of it when he says “We can’t go back.” He is saying he has no intention of changing course. He even cashes in on Margaret Thatcher’s strength of character:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ-M0KEFm9I&feature=player_detailpage]Margaret Thatcher 'the Lady's not for turning' - YouTube[/ame]

Here’s the link to the text of the full speech:

1980 Oct 10 Fr
Margaret Thatcher
Speech to Conservative Party Conference ('the lady's not for turning') [“The Reason Why”]

Speech to Conservative Party Conference ('the lady's not for turning') [“The Reason Why”] | Margaret Thatcher Foundation

Mrs. Thatcher was absolutely correct in not turning. On the other hand, Republicans would do well if they made a U-turn simply because a 180 degree course change is the one direction the media fears more than any other. It is also the one course change Tea party conservatives yearn for.

Last edited:
The republicans are trying to make buddy buddy with the Tea Party because they see the writing on the wall ... Luger lost by 20% ... A sitting incumbent lost by 20% .... No one that has had anything to do with creating this abomination of a government is in a comfortable seat anymore .... Just as it is with the Dems, it's too late for Pubs. The grown ups are returning to washington

I'm conservative, not Republican. I've no problem with the tea parties. In fact, those that are with the Democrat Party have a much larger problem with the violent OWS wing. Obama loves them, he said so.

Forum List

Back