U-Turn: Obama Backs Super Pacs...

I see nothing inconsistent between criticizing a system and participating in it. Many of the Republican candidates have also criticized Super-PACs. However, it is true that Obama is now committing to a level of participation in the Super-PAC fundraising that he had previously indicated was out of bounds (Obama super PAC decision: President blesses fundraising for Priorities USA Action - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com).

Which leads us to ask: why? Setting aside paulitician's suggestion that Obama suffers from a serious mental disease, why would Obama reverse himself? Since he made the pledge we have seen two things: Super-PACs have played a huge role in the Republican contest, and Republican Super-PACs have drastically out-raised Democratic ones. I believe either or both of these convinced Obama that his original pledge (like his pledge to avoid certain interactions with lobbyists, or his pledge to accept public financing) was no longer practical.

I see nothing inconsistent between criticizing a system and participating in it

No matter how many time I read this statement I still don't get it...

When Romney does it Obama and the Libs condemn it like crazy...they went semi nuts over it and it's wrong that Romney is doing it....

Now Obama was against it before he was for it.
It's wrong when someone else does it but Obama does it and the left goes super quiet over it.

Maybe if I read this one more time it will make sense.....

Nope... :lol: :lol: :cuckoo:

Last edited:
You think you're profound, but, you're not. :dunno:

You think you have principles, which you don't.

Whatever Obama says or does, even if he's lying, you support.

i understand that the obama deranged would like him to lose on principle. you don't care what he thinks. you don't care what he does. you will whing and moan and whine and squirm no matter what. fauxrage is like that.

but no one is so stupid that they will intentionally lose to people who've raised tens of millions of dollars to use against you.

yeah...everyone is that stupid..... not.

I thought fancy pants was gonna raise a billion dollars on his own? what the hell happened? oh nevermind. we KNOW what happened.

i understand that the obama deranged would like him to lose on principle. you don't care what he thinks. you don't care what he does. you will whing and moan and whine and squirm no matter what. fauxrage is like that.

but no one is so stupid that they will intentionally lose to people who've raised tens of millions of dollars to use against you.

Yet Dr. Ron Paul is a hypocrite and double-dealing porker, for playing the same game in congress, in order to get the taxes expropriated from is district back into it....Basically playing the game with the rules that are at his disposal.

Oh yeah...Obiedoodle is doing it this time around, so everything is just jake. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think it's bullshit that gas stations always have that 9/10 of a cent at the end of their price.

But, if one does it, I understand why the others feel they have to.

Roflmao so you purest Asshole Liberals, who have been attacking the Right ever since the SCOTUS decision, are going to give Obama a pass eh. After all he only has to do it because of the big mean Republicans right?

You guys are Pathetic. the surest sign of an inability to lead, is an inability to accept responsibility for ones own Actions.

Let's revisit the Republican Mantra....

Is it illegal? did he break any laws? No? Shut the fuck up.

Funny how you're all for the GOP taking SuperPAC money saying "money=speech" and all of that holy bullshit.

But when Obama has to sink to that level to fucking compete, you jump all over him.

Guess what? Romney didn't have to accept that SuperPAC money either.

Rozman.... just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean that you're immune to it.

On your Kids' first Christmas... did you walk up to them and say... hey.... kids at school are going to tell you about this Santa Claus dude that gives you presents for Christmas... it's a lie, kid. Don't believe the little bastards. It's a Capitalist plot to get people to spend a shit load of money they can't afford and has nothing to do with the birth of our savior... so don't be looking under any fucking tree for any fucking presents... in fact... fuck the damned tree too!

No... you don't believe in Santa, but you let your kids believe until they figure it out.

Same thing... SuperPACS are stupid and not "speech". IT is influence buying, unfortunately...since the Supreme Court decided it was a brilliant idea that unknown, anonymous, unlimited donations can be made without any type of disclosure or transparency... AND the GOP gobbled the fuck out of it like a crack whore does a wealthy John's dick... means that now, if one wants to compete and win....they too have to suck the rich man's dick.

But I know... it was OK when it was just the GOP.

Yet Dr. Ron Paul is a hypocrite and double-dealing porker, for playing the same game in congress, in order to get the taxes expropriated from is district back into it....Basically playing the game with the rules that are at his disposal.

Oh yeah...Obiedoodle is doing it this time around, so everything is just jake. :rolleyes:

I know it is hard, but it is pointless to continue to point out the Double Standards of the left. It's like trying to clap with one hand trying to get them to ever admit that their guy might be a fucking asshole just like the rest of em.

If he was honest and had some integrity, he would not accept Super Pac assistance in any way. It really is that simple. And it is that simple no matter how much spin is invented for him.

And lose?

Oh yeah..good plan.

Yes, honesty and integrity require strength and conviction. If it means losing, than so be it.

Christ, you are stupid. He should not accept superPAC money and lose just so he can say he stood by his convictions? And then what? You'd call him stupid for not taking advantage of the campaign system that conservatives put in place? I'm beginning to think that the only reason you support Paul is his stance on illegal drugs. Go smoke another one, dude. :lol:

But when Obama has to sink to that level to fucking compete, you jump all over him.

when Obama "has to"

he does not have to do anything. He is going to have double the money to spend than Republicans even with out encouraging the Super Pacs.

Were actually not jumping all over Obama for doing it. Were Jumping all over him, and you liberals, for Being hypocritical assholes bashing republicans for Months over it, and then joining them.

when Obama "has to"

he does not have to do anything. He is going to have double the money to spend than Republicans even with out encouraging the Super Pacs.

Were actually not jumping all over Obama for doing it. Were Jumping all over him, and you liberals, for Being hypocritical assholes bashing republicans for Months over it, and then joining them.

Wow... coming from a hypocritical asshole who bashes Democrats every fucking day since I joined this board.... I'll just say... ummm... fuck you.

I see nothing inconsistent between criticizing a system and participating in it. Many of the Republican candidates have also criticized Super-PACs. However, it is true that Obama is now committing to a level of participation in the Super-PAC fundraising that he had previously indicated was out of bounds (Obama super PAC decision: President blesses fundraising for Priorities USA Action - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com).

Which leads us to ask: why? Setting aside paulitician's suggestion that Obama suffers from a serious mental disease, why would Obama reverse himself? Since he made the pledge we have seen two things: Super-PACs have played a huge role in the Republican contest, and Republican Super-PACs have drastically out-raised Democratic ones. I believe either or both of these convinced Obama that his original pledge (like his pledge to avoid certain interactions with lobbyists, or his pledge to accept public financing) was no longer practical.

No matter how many time I read this statement I still don't get it...

When Romney does it Obama and the Libs condemn it like crazy...they went semi nuts over it and it's wrong that Romney is doing it....

Now Obama was against it before he was for it.
It's wrong when someone else does it but Obama does it and the left goes super quiet over it.

Maybe if I read this one more time it will make sense.....

Nope... :lol: :lol: :cuckoo:

Reading it again is probably not going to clarify things, but I appreciate the trouble you're going through to understand my post. To be perfectly explicit, the system on which I was focusing was the current system of financing political campaigns. However, the principle extends to other systems. Many of the loudest critics of the American collegiate system are themselves proud college graduates. The most prominent media critics are themselves members of the media. Serious critics of the medical system are generally practicing doctors. Such critics are under no obligation to burn their diplomas, to end their newspaper columns, to end their practices, or to otherwise remove themselves from the system which they criticize.

It might also help to remind you that not every thing that you say "the Libs" say is something that I believe. I have not criticized Romney for raising money for a Super-PAC.

Good god Nothing is ever Obama's fault....

Bad economy years after getting into the WH.... It was Bush's fault.
Obama the food stamp President...It was Bush who did it.
The Housing market suks...blame Bush and the Republicans.

Now he's taking money from the Super Pacs and it's Romney's fault....

Pathetic...

Good god Nothing is ever Obama's fault....

Bad economy years after getting into the WH.... It was Bush's fault.
Obama the food stamp President...It was Bush who did it.
The Housing market suks...blame Bush and the Republicans.

Now he's taking money from the Super Pacs and it's Romney's fault....

Pathetic...

Wow... no one ever said that... but I'll tell you what... The "everything is Obama's fault" schtick is getting fucking OLD.

Was there ever any doubt? The only suspense was waiting for what excuse he would use this time for doing what he abhorred and how he would spin it so that he could still claim the higher moral ground.

Flashback to 2008:

He argued that the system had collapsed, and would put him at a disadvantage running against Senator John McCain, his likely Republican opponent.

Obama Forgoes Public Money in 1st for Major Candidate - NYTimes.com

Gotta admire how he manages to come out smelling rosy to all his fans in spite of the dirtiness of his politics over the years. He sure has that certain something.

The excuse he gave for this is about as good as the one he gave when asked about his vote AGAINST raising the dept ceiling when Bush was President..

what a liar and fraud

Does anyone really believe President Obama should not play by the rules the GObP/Repubs and SCOTUS made up?

If you have a problem with the Super Pacs, take it up with the corrupt GObP/Repubs/SCOTUS.

Does anyone really believe President Obama should not play by the rules the GObP/Repubs and SCOTUS made up?

If you have a problem with the Super Pacs, take it up with the corrupt GObP/Repubs/SCOTUS.

Obama will do exactly what Obama wants to do.

If the rules work for him, he'll do that.

If backing down from pledges works for him, he'll do that.

If there is any technicality he can exploit to get what he wants, he'll do that.

If nothing legal seems like it will work, he'll break the law and say that it was justified because the system was broken and the law unfairly disadvantaged him from accomplishing what he needed to do for the good of the people.

Was there ever any doubt? The only suspense was waiting for what excuse he would use this time for doing what he abhorred and how he would spin it so that he could still claim the higher moral ground.

Flashback to 2008:

He argued that the system had collapsed, and would put him at a disadvantage running against Senator John McCain, his likely Republican opponent.

Obama Forgoes Public Money in 1st for Major Candidate - NYTimes.com

Gotta admire how he manages to come out smelling rosy to all his fans in spite of the dirtiness of his politics over the years. He sure has that certain something.

Watching that super Lib dipshit Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC tonight.
After all the bitching about money in politics with these guys.Larry was disappointed
with the President...This is a first with this guy..

He's not disappointed that the President has backtracked on the issue...
He's disappointed that the President ADMITTED IT.... :eusa_shhh:

It would have been better for the President to make it a political issue against the GOP.
It would have been perfectly acceptable for the President to be hypocritical about it.
Use it against the GOP while using it himself.

You just can't make this stuff up!

Last edited:
False. But this is a pretty straightforward phenomenon.

He's against it, but he's not going to take an ass-whoopin' on that principle, and I don't blame him.

I think football would be more fun without pads, but I'm not going to encourage the Eagles to play without them when everyone else plays with them.

Capisce?

Nah, not a good comparison.

He's said this was a threat to democracy.

He was either lying, or he has no problem engaging in things that are a threat to democracy.

Either way, it's despicable. I don't like liars, and I don't like those want to engage in things that hurt our democracy.

Now I don't think he'd have any problem with being annointed king for life, but i'm thinking it's more likely that he's a liar. And don't take offense, liars are the norm in american politicians.

God!..I hope you are not a real doctor. You are scary stupid.

Fair enough, but even the most braindead idiot has the ability to see Obama was lying.

The question remains though, do you have as much ability as a braindead idiot has?

You think you're profound, but, you're not. :dunno:

You think you have principles, which you don't.

Whatever Obama says or does, even if he's lying, you support.

I hate both parties, I don't live in your everything has to be partisan fantasy world.

Why can't Obama win with tens of millions of less dollars? Why aren't his "vast accomplishments" enough to get him re-elected with the added benefit every incumbent gets in an election?

You tell me then, does Obama think Super PACs are a threat to democracy and he doesn't mind in engaging in things that threaten democracy? Or was he lying? Has to be one or the other.

I'm actually giving him the benefit of the doubt in saying he was "only" lying.

Forum List

Back