U-Turn: Obama Backs Super Pacs...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Pathological Liar: 'A person who lies to the point of it being considered a disease or condition, an abnormally habitual liar.' A Pathological Liar may be suffering from histrionic personality disorder or narcissistic personality disorder.

Boy, his poor rabid followers are gonna have a tough time spinning this one for him. But they have to be used to that by now. They've had to spin his lies and hypocrisy for the last three years. He says one thing, but does another. And that sums up his entire Presidency. How can so many Americans be such dupes?

Obama campaign to support super PAC fundraising.

In a change of position, Barack Obama's reelection campaign will begin using administration and campaign aides to fundraise for Priorities USA Action, a super PAC backing the president.

Obama has been an outspoken critic of current campaign financing laws, in particular a Supreme Court ruling that allowed the creation of super PACs. Until now he has kept his distance from Priorities USA Action.

But in the wake of the group's anemic fundraising, made public last week, the campaign decided to change its position, and announced the new stance to members of its national finance committee Monday evening.

Two Obama campaign aides confirmed that senior campaign and administration officials who participate at fundraising events for the president's campaign will also appear at events for Priorities USA Action, the PAC supporting Obama...

In an e-mail blast, Jonathan Collegio, spokesman for the conservative groups American Crossroads and Crossroads GPS, called the Obama campaign's move a "brazenly cynical" reversal for a president who just two years ago called spending by these outside groups a threat to democracy.

Obama campaign to support super PAC fundraising – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Last edited:
I think it's bullshit that gas stations always have that 9/10 of a cent at the end of their price.

But, if one does it, I understand why the others feel they have to.

I see nothing inconsistent between criticizing a system and participating in it. Many of the Republican candidates have also criticized Super-PACs. However, it is true that Obama is now committing to a level of participation in the Super-PAC fundraising that he had previously indicated was out of bounds (Obama super PAC decision: President blesses fundraising for Priorities USA Action - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com).

Which leads us to ask: why? Setting aside paulitician's suggestion that Obama suffers from a serious mental disease, why would Obama reverse himself? Since he made the pledge we have seen two things: Super-PACs have played a huge role in the Republican contest, and Republican Super-PACs have drastically out-raised Democratic ones. I believe either or both of these convinced Obama that his original pledge (like his pledge to avoid certain interactions with lobbyists, or his pledge to accept public financing) was no longer practical.

I see nothing inconsistent between criticizing a system and participating in it. Many of the Republican candidates have also criticized Super-PACs. However, it is true that Obama is now committing to a level of participation in the Super-PAC fundraising that he had previously indicated was out of bounds (Obama super PAC decision: President blesses fundraising for Priorities USA Action - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com).

Which leads us to ask: why? Setting aside paulitician's suggestion that Obama suffers from a serious mental disease, why would Obama reverse himself? Since he made the pledge we have seen two things: Super-PACs have played a huge role in the Republican contest, and Republican Super-PACs have drastically out-raised Democratic ones. I believe either or both of these convinced Obama that his original pledge (like his pledge to avoid certain interactions with lobbyists, or his pledge to accept public financing) was no longer practical.

If he was honest and had some integrity, he would not accept Super Pac assistance in any way. It really is that simple. And it is that simple no matter how much spin is invented for him.

I think it's bullshit that gas stations always have that 9/10 of a cent at the end of their price.

But, if one does it, I understand why the others feel they have to.

Makes sense that integrity and honesty mean nothing to you in your judgement of politicians.

No one is forcing the man to accept Super Pac money. He can decline their funds anytime he chooses.

If he was honest and had some integrity, he would not accept Super Pac assistance in any way. It really is that simple. And it is that simple no matter how much spin is invented for him.

Don't you think it would be stupid to let the Republicans' candidate use super-pac money and to not use it yourself. Honesty and integrity doesn't play into it.

Don't you think it would be stupid to let the Republicans' candidate use super-pac money and to not use it yourself. Honesty and integrity doesn't play into it.

Honesty and integrity have everything to do with it. He has publicly shunned the super PACs as detrimental to our democracy and now he's going to use them too. I guess it makes sense in hypocrit nation. Where honesty and integrty are in fact, a dead issue.

No one is forcing the man to accept Super Pac money. He can decline their funds anytime he chooses.

Well, he certainly can't run on his record. He must stoop to the lows of the Romney's and Gingrich's. if nothing else, he is showing us that our "democracy" is dead and the oligarchy runs the show.

Might as well vote penis in the upcoming election.

The old "everybody is doing it" justification.

Well it should play into it. Honesty & integrity do mean something. You can't go out and rail about how 'Evil' Super Pacs are, while at the same time accepting their cash. He can decline their assistance.

In the "game" of politics, it's all about talking out of both sides of your mouth to "win".

To allow the Republican's candidate to use the unlimited superpac funds while not utilizing the same would put him at a definite disadvantage. Frankly I think he'd rather take a hit on the psuedo-outrage the connies show(like Libo-Pauli) than not use them.

To allow the Republican's candidate to use the unlimited superpac funds while not utilizing the same would put him at a definite disadvantage. Frankly I think he'd rather take a hit on the psuedo-outrage the connies show(like Libo-Pauli) than not use them.

I'm not arguing the strategy of it, just pointing out his lying and hypocrisy.

Last edited:

The Obama-Bots can't allow themselves to see reality. This guy has said one thing but done another his entire Presidency. And his followers have been stuck defending the indefensible his entire three years in office. Spinning this one for him is pretty tough for even them though.

And lose?

Oh yeah..good plan.

What hypocrisy?

He is not for it. But if it is what the refs see as appropriate..then he's going to use it.

Simple as that.

Forum List

Back