U.S. women's soccer team wins gold medal

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
The game was tied 0-0 and went into a 20 minute overtime. The U.S. scored with a booming kick at the top of the penalty box. Brazil came back with furious attack after furious attack and missed about 6 shots on goal by inches. Then the U.S. counterattacked, and one of their shots hit the post. At the end of the game players were lying on the field weeping.

It was incredible.

didn't women's softball just lose to China or something like that? Good to hear we won. See, I root for America too.

PS. Look up all time olympic medals winter and summer. We have around 2000 and the next closest country has maybe 600?

Reason? Most countries are made up of people who are good at winter or summer sports, rarely both. The USA has a melting pot, so we compete seriously in both winter and summer.

The game was tied 0-0 and went into a 20 minute overtime. The U.S. scored with a booming kick at the top of the penalty box. Brazil came back with furious attack after furious attack and missed about 6 shots on goal by inches. Then the U.S. counterattacked, and one of their shots hit the post. At the end of the game players were lying on the field weeping.

It was incredible.

nice!!! :) :clap2:

If the Olympics were scored like a track meet, right now we'd be behind China by 18 points. 297 to 279

:thup: YAY! For all the US athletes that have won any color of metal! :clap2:

But as someone said the other day .... the Olympics are really getting pretty boring.

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL??? Tis time for the season to begin!! :lol:

FOOTBALL-night.jpg

The gap has been trimmed to 13 points according to my meaningless arithmatic. 311 to 298.

I think the Chinese are going to lose some medals in gymnastics because they were using underage girls.

If the Olympics were scored like a track meet, right now we'd be behind China by 18 points. 297 to 279

And the final "unofficial" tally is China by 16 points. 346 to 330. :(

Of course they cheated like sons-of-bitches in gymnastics and boxing. :mad:

Forum List

Back