U.S. Women's Soccer Co-Captain: ‘I’ll Probably Never Sing The National Anthem Again’

It's not about color, it's about patriotism and class.

Exactly. The rest of her team, every single teammate is showing class and patriotism while she show what a carpet-munching, anti-American bitch she is. In fact the USSF has to put a rule in place to keep her from kneeling.

We are at relative peace, the economy is booming and unemployment is at a historic low but the co-captain of a soccer team hates her Country. Is it about abortion or illegal immigration or tariffs? Who knows. She just hates the President of the United States.

It's not about color, it's about patriotism and class.

Exactly. The rest of her team, every single teammate is showing class and patriotism while she show what a carpet-munching, anti-American bitch she is. In fact the USSF has to put a rule in place to keep her from kneeling.

Anti-Americanism will earn her praise from our fascist media, and perhaps a contract with Nike.

However those who are having a big problem with this woman not standing for the flag and anthem, want her to be fired from her job and lie about how she is paid, are also having a problem with hate speech people being kicked off social media screaming about freedom of speech.

It seems to me that these people only want those who say what they want to hear to have free speech. Those who don't, must be destroyed.

In other words, these people are hypocrites and have no idea what freedom and our constitution means.

I don’t just want her fired... I want her banned from ANY form of involvement with ANYTHING related to the USSF and USOC. I also believe that going forward ALL individuals involved with ANY US National sports organization (aka “National Team”) need to sign an agreement not to make ANY political statement/act whil representing the USA.

I don’t believe in Free Speech and have never claimed to. If these folks can’t be brought in line, then maybe we need to disband the USOC, USSF (and other similar organizations) and not participate in international competitions.

How would Ms. Rapinoe respond if the POTUS were to ban the team from participating in the Women’s World Cup in June? Maybe that’s the next step if she doesn’t get in line PDQ.
But you're nuttier than a sack of cashews...so nothing you say means anything more than unintentional humor.

Anti-Americanism will earn her praise from our fascist media, and perhaps a contract with Nike.

Especially in France, where she intends to spend the month of June at the WWC.

I’d love to see the US State Department invalidate her US Passport and put her on the No-Fly List as a potential terrorist. That wouldn’t make her rethink her views, but at least she would have to face the consequences of her views, words and actions.

We are at relative peace, the economy is booming and unemployment is at a historic low but the co-captain of a soccer team hates her Country. Is it about abortion or illegal immigration or tariffs? Who knows. She just hates the President of the United States.

She is told by her Lesbian friends she must:

Hate Trump
Complain about economic and social injustice
Believe in man made climate change
Hate the 1%
Promote LGBTxyz above all else
Want illegal immigrants only if they are brown
Make it easy for women to kill babies
All Men posses Toxic Masculinity
All Whites have White Privilege
White Men are in general BAD

gettyimages-607634986.jpg

The B***h is getting paid to play a sport to represent this country and she’s so ignorant she protests the very people who are paying her way?

Get rid of her.

Now.

The co-captain of the United States Women’s national soccer team, Megan Rapinoe, told Yahoo Sports, "I'll probably never put my hand over my heart. I’ll probably never sing the national anthem again,” boasting that she is "a walking protest when it comes to the Trump administration,” because of "everything I stand for.” She added, “I feel like it's kind of defiance in and of itself to just be who I am and wear the jersey, and represent it. Because I'm as talented as I am, I get to be here, you don't get to tell me if I can be here or not. So it's kind of a good ‘F you' to any sort of inequality or bad sentiments that the [Trump] administration might have towards people who don't look exactly like him. Which, God help us if we all looked like him. Scary. Really scary. Ahh, disturbing."

More of this disgusting story @ U.S. Women's Soccer Co-Captain: ‘I’ll Probably Never Sing The National Anthem Again’

I sent the following email to
[email protected]

Re: Megan Rapinoe

I am extremely angry that a member of a team representing the United States of America should be so ignorant as to protest the national anthem. If she's ashamed of this country - go play for a different one. I sure don't want US taxpayer dollars paying her to play on our team.

Maybe others can do the same.
It is disgusting to sheep when they see freedoms being practiced.
She’s the sheep. She doesn’t even realize that she’s protesting her right to protest. Another moronic lefty trying to fit in with her Marxist-duped stupid crowd.
All ego, no brains.

She is told by her Lesbian friends she must:

Hate Trump
Complain about economic and social injustice
Believe in man made climate change
Hate the 1%
Promote LGBTxyz above all else
Want illegal immigrants only if they are brown
Make it easy for women to kill babies
All Men posses Toxic Masculinity
All Whites have White Privilege
White Men are in general BAD

So true. The only thing you missed was:

Be the victim, no matter what happens.

gettyimages-607634986.jpg

The B***h is getting paid to play a sport to represent this country and she’s so ignorant she protests the very people who are paying her way?

Get rid of her.

Now.

The co-captain of the United States Women’s national soccer team, Megan Rapinoe, told Yahoo Sports, "I'll probably never put my hand over my heart. I’ll probably never sing the national anthem again,” boasting that she is "a walking protest when it comes to the Trump administration,” because of "everything I stand for.” She added, “I feel like it's kind of defiance in and of itself to just be who I am and wear the jersey, and represent it. Because I'm as talented as I am, I get to be here, you don't get to tell me if I can be here or not. So it's kind of a good ‘F you' to any sort of inequality or bad sentiments that the [Trump] administration might have towards people who don't look exactly like him. Which, God help us if we all looked like him. Scary. Really scary. Ahh, disturbing."

More of this disgusting story @ U.S. Women's Soccer Co-Captain: ‘I’ll Probably Never Sing The National Anthem Again’

I sent the following email to
[email protected]

Re: Megan Rapinoe

I am extremely angry that a member of a team representing the United States of America should be so ignorant as to protest the national anthem. If she's ashamed of this country - go play for a different one. I sure don't want US taxpayer dollars paying her to play on our team.

Maybe others can do the same.

She should be fired immediately. If you don't like the US, that's fine. But you don't get to represent us.

" You signed away your right to free speech while in the military. You couldn't do or say anything you wanted especially with regards to politicians and politics. "

It is true that when you sign-up to join the military (any branch), you are voluntarily agreeing to certain limits to your constitutional rights, beyond those of your civilian counterparts. In particular, freedom of speech. It isn't totally abrogated, but it is limited to some extent, for the simple reason that the military cannot have its own members saying and doing things that could create a problem. It is also a workplace conduct issue, but what you say or do outside of the workplace is limited.

DoD Directive 1325.6 says it is DoD policy to preserve military members’ “right of expression … to the maximum extent possible, consistent with good order and discipline and the national security.” Then it puts limits on that right. Members of the military may attend demonstrations. But only in the United States. Only off base. Only off duty. And only out of uniform. Free speech may be forbidden if it “constitutes a breach of law and order.” It is also forbidden “when violence is likely to result.” Peaceful demonstrations are not a problem. Violent ones are. Members who do not want to risk court-martial, should stay away from demonstrations they think are likely to become violent.

Members of the military have the right to say or to write what they think, up to a point. They can’t say things that encourage violence (other than as part of authorized military operations) or urge others to violate military regulations. They can’t communicate with “the enemy,” for example, by writing letters to Iraqi officials or soldiers. Article 88 of the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) makes it a crime for a commissioned officer to use “contemptuous words” against the President, Vice-President, Secretary of Defense, and other specified high government officials. Enlisted members can be prosecuted under Article 134 for using similar words. The words have to be “to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, or conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces.” Military members have gotten into trouble for calling officials “fascists,” “thieves,” murderers” “tyrants” “fools” and “gangsters.” This law is selectively enforced. Some officers didn’t get in trouble for saying bad things about President Clinton, for example. Article 117 of the UCMJ outlaws using “provoking or reproachful words or gestures” towards someone else in the military. The more real danger, however, if from saying things that could make other members desert, disobey lawful orders, or refuse to do their jobs. That kind of speech could violate Article 82 of the UCMJ, which makes it a crime for someone in the military to ask someone else to desert or mutiny (disobey orders as a group).

Members of the military can write letters to newspapers — so long as they are not part of an organized letter campaign for a political candidate, party, or partisan political cause. (This rule, is found in Army Regulation 600-20, Appendix B). It is unclear what the Army means by “partisan political cause,” but it probably means a cause promoted by a political party. Military members can also publish their own newspapers – so long as they do it while they are off duty and don’t use military paper, ink, computers, phones, or other supplies or equipment. Of course, members may not say or give the impression that they are speaking on behalf of the military.

Re: Rapinoe, she's within her rights. She oughta be glad she lives in a country where she's allowed to say and do such things.

Last edited:
If you represent your country in any sporting event, you should stand for the anthem. If not, you should not play.

Trump is a total douchebag. But the country is more than the President. It is the people, the history, the ideals, and all the things that have made this the greatest country in the world. The flag and the national anthem represent all those things.

It's sad when people such as this co-captain act so small.

1. The U.S. is one of just three countries which do not provide government funding for their Olympic program. Instead, the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) relies on corporate and individual contributions, as well as the sale of broadcast rights in order to train and underwrite the full expense of the U.S. team in the Olympics, Paralympics, Pan American and Parapan American Games.

It's all privately funded. Not one penny of your tax dollars is paying for any of it.

I would like to know what makes you think you're so special that you think you have the right to violate someone's constitutional rights just because tax dollars pays them?

Why do you think you're so special that you believe you can demand how your tax dollars are spent?

You have nearly no say in how your tax dollars are spent.
The US women's national soccer team is not an Olympic program per se though they do compete at the Olympics.
But they are a funded team (by US Soccer and they are now demanding equal funding with the men even though they don't bring in nearly the revenue the men's teams do) that competes all year around, not just every four years, against national teams from other nations. So you are just misinformed.
If you even try to violate that woman's constitutional right to free speech, you will have violated the constitution and the law. You can be sued by that woman and by the government. She will very happily sue you so that you're financially destroyed for the rest of your life.
Oh, please!
That's ignorant bullshit!
First of all no has had their right to free speech revoked even if US Soccer were to tell Rapinoe
to stop the political grandstanding, which they haven't done, unfortunately.

And no one will be sued and "and financially destroyed" for the rest of their life (you sound like a six year old) for
saying Rapinoe needs to stop politicizing her time on the soccer field. That is so idiotic.

Meanwhile that woman will happily keep expressing herself and there's absolutely not one single thing you can do about it.

People like you disgust me.
Yes. Disgust is a good word in connection with your post.
You are very ignorant Women's football is thriving in the US. They play all year in front of huge crowds. The last game saw over 50,000 turn up paying 50 dollars a ticket. Add to that sponsorship and TV money.
They also have a professional league that attracts the best players in the world . Do some research before showing your ignorance.

[QUOTE="Tommy Tainant, post: 22403142, member: 56584"|You are very ignorant Women's football is thriving in the US. They play all year in front of huge crowds. The last game saw over 50,000 turn up paying 50 dollars a ticket. Add to that sponsorship and TV money.
They also have a professional league that attracts the best players in the world . Do some research before showing your ignorance.[/QUOTE]

The US Women’s National Team draws very well here in the US; but so do the Men when they’re playing decent opponents instead of CONCACAF doormats.

The women’s league exists but it’s totally unknown to the general public. Even MLS is a larger draw than the women’s league.

MLS is like Cocoon for over the hill Euro talent. The women's league is attracting the best in the world.
I have little interest in the women's game but the US version is leading edge.

MLS is like Cocoon for over the hill Euro talent. The women's league is attracting the best in the world.
I have little interest in the women's game but the US version is leading edge.

How long will the women’s eagle be able to bring in that Euro talent when they’re getting paid pennies on the dollar compared to the Men?

There is no financially independent women’s sports league in this country that has been successful. No reason to believe soccer will be any different.

The athletes are paid to perform their sport at a very high level, not to sing.

Who really cares if they sing their nation’s propaganda?
The best thing they can do for their country is to help their team win!

They are paid to REPRESENT the nation under whose banner they play. Their words and deeds off the playing surface are just as much a representation of the nation as their results on the field.

That’s why I have the utmost respect for the 1976 US Men’s Olympic basketball team while having no respect for certain members of the 1968 US Men’s Track & Field Team. Both made very obvious political statements during medal ceremonies. One proper and one inappropriate.
Actually, as far as I know, I don't believe that athletes participating in the Olympics or World Cup are getting paid, even the ones that are professionals and play for clubs normally. They are doing it mainly because they are needed, and, it should be an honor to represent their country. Sure, they'll get notoriety and offers such as sponsorships etc. as a result of participating and winning, which is probably what Rapin-hoe is after anyhow.

You are very ignorant Women's football is thriving in the US. They play all year in front of huge crowds. The last game saw over 50,000 turn up paying 50 dollars a ticket. Add to that sponsorship and TV money.
They also have a professional league that attracts the best players in the world . Do some research before showing your ignorance.
LOL ...Define "thriving". Despite successes, women's pro soccer struggling
The women's pro league is virtually invisible with no big television contract and a tiny fan base.
They make the WNBA look absolutely gold plated, by comparison, and the WNBA has been on the edge of failure for years with nothing but the NBA's financial support keeping them from insolvency and shutting down the circus.

The only ignorance here is yours, you clueless swine. Do some research.
"On February 20, 2019, the NWSL announced that A&E Networks had pulled out of its broadcasting agreement with the league one season early. A&E's stake in NWSL Media was given back to the league, but Lifetime will remain a kit sponsor. NWSL president Amanda Duffy said the changes would give the league and its teams finer control over its media and sponsorship agreements, and expected to announce a new television rights deal soon. Verizon Media remains the U.S. digital rightsholder to the league, but the streams moved from go90 to the Yahoo! Sports website and apps"

A professional league of any type is dead in the water without television exposure and
the fan base it builds. The NWSL has none! Fuck off, moron.

Last edited:
Actually, as far as I know, I don't believe that athletes participating in the Olympics or World Cup are getting paid, even the ones that are professionals and play for clubs normally. They are doing it mainly because they are needed, and, it should be an honor to represent their country. Sure, they'll get notoriety and offers such as sponsorships etc. as a result of participating and winning, which is probably what Rapin-hoe is after anyhow.

Olympics, nonpY but there is a pool of money allocated by the USSF at the end of tournaments that is split between the players. That was their whine in 2015... thst the pool was smaller for them than it had been for the guys a year earlier.

Forum List

Back