U.S. White Population Will Be Minority by 2042, Government Says

Manuel

Jan 7, 2008
Sydney
The white majority in the U.S. will be outnumbered by Americans of other races by 2042, eight years sooner than previously projected by the Census Bureau.

Minorities, defined by the agency as everyone except non- Hispanic, single-race whites, will make up 54 percent of the U.S. population in 2050, compared with 34 percent of the population today, the Census Bureau said in a statement. The data updates predictions made by the bureau in 2004.

The projections released today, based on census results and assumptions about future childbearing, mortality and migration, show the minority population of the U.S. will be 235.7 million out of a total of 439 million in 2050. More than half of all U.S. children are expected to be from minority ethnic groups by 2023.

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

I can't wait for the day that whites aren't the majority. I am white, but I don't feel like I'm white enough to feel like a part of the club.

When they came for the Jews I didn't stand up because I wasn't Jewish; when they came for the anarchists I didn't stand up because I wasn't an anarchist; when they came for me there was no longer anyone left to stand up.

Having been a working class kid of a White American father with a Slavic surname, one raised in a neighborhood where most people were wealthier WASPS or Jews, I started out feeling like I didn't belong to the White race.

I was, as a child about as close as most of my neighbors got to a minority.

Swear to God, I remember one kid's father telling me I ought to move back to Russia where I belonged when I was about 8 years old.

And then, having been on the road and finding myself often living around people of color, I realized that I really wasn't a member of any race or ethnic whatever.

I cling so deperately to my identity as an AMERICAN because to be honest, that's the only group I come even close to identifying with.

Of course, it doesn't help much that I am typically completely out of step with what most conservative or liberal Americans think or want, but what can I say?

I never met an icon I wouldn't oclast if I thought it was a graven image that was not beneficial to my nation for my fellow Americans to be worshipping it.

I'd have gone a hell of lot further in this world if I could just blend, you know?

Sadly my cynical philosdophical makes that pretty much impossible, as many of you, no doubt, must be realizing.

Character is destiny, folks.

If you are white in this country and can't get ahead, you are a loser, plain and simple

If you are any race in this country and can't get ahead, you are a loser, plain and simple.

If you think being of a certain race is a hindrance, tell it to people of all races that have successfully run multibillion dollar corporations, ran for political office, and generally broken racial barriers of all kinds.

I can't wait for the day that whites aren't the majority. I am white, but I don't feel like I'm white enough to feel like a part of the club.

When they came for the Jews I didn't stand up because I wasn't Jewish; when they came for the anarchists I didn't stand up because I wasn't an anarchist; when they came for me there was no longer anyone left to stand up.

That's ok sealy, you look plenty white to the non-whites. No exemption for you!

Forum List

Back