U.S. wealth concentrated in too few hands

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
The BBC reported startling economic equality figures in a recent documentary: the top 200 wealthiest people in the world control more wealth than the bottom 4 billion. But what is more striking to many is a close look at the economic inequality in the homeland of the "American Dream." The United States is the most economically stratified society in the western world. As THE WALL STREET JOURNAL reported, a recent study found that the top .01% or 14,000 American families hold 22.2% of wealth — the bottom 90%, or over 133 million families, just 4% of the nation's wealth.

Bill Moyers Journal . Steve Fraser on Gilded Ages | PBS

The BBC reported startling economic equality figures in a recent documentary: the top 200 wealthiest people in the world control more wealth than the bottom 4 billion. But what is more striking to many is a close look at the economic inequality in the homeland of the "American Dream." The United States is the most economically stratified society in the western world. As THE WALL STREET JOURNAL reported, a recent study found that the top .01% or 14,000 American families hold 22.2% of wealth — the bottom 90%, or over 133 million families, just 4% of the nation's wealth.

Bill Moyers Journal . Steve Fraser on Gilded Ages | PBS

Obviously we need to kill all the rich ones---I mean how easy can this get ?

Wealth in two few hands. The wealth invisible hands is what moves every politician in Washington, especially the ones running for President. However, some of their words may be against it, but their influence remain hidden in the form of campaign contributions.

Obviously we need to kill all the rich ones---I mean how easy can this get ?

The truly superwealthy have no fear of the working class because they know they can always hire one worker to kill another.

They own the means of production, the banks, the governments, the courts, the laws are written to their advantage at every turn, and if push really comes to shove, they're not above hiring someone to step outside the law to solve their problems for them, either.

This isn't drop dead obvious to most of you?

The truly superwealthy have no fear of the working class because they know they can always hire one worker to kill another.

They own the means of production, the banks, the governments, the courts, the laws are written to their advantage at every turn, and if push really comes to shove, they're not above hiring someone to step outside the law to solve their problems for them, either.

This isn't drop dead obvious to most of you?

Added: They secretly endorse tax increases since it prevents people below them from reaching their status in wealth. They don't mind tax increases since they already fine with they have. They got theirs already. But if you want to join the club, too late buddy, Not vacant. Join the peasants. Unless of course you can do my bidding in Washington.

Last edited:
The only reason the wealthy allowed women to vote and work under the constitution is not because of the womans rights movement, they dont give a shit who makes a move.....its because they finally decided it would be more profitable to allow women to pay taxes. In my opinion.

And top ten percent account for 70% of government revenue. Correlation.

? Where did you get that figure? Government revenue in terms of taxes yes, but show me a link where the top 10% are the foundations of the free market. I dont think they made shopping malls and wall-marts for the rich......do you?

Now consider this, the top 1% do earn more than the bottom 50% in this country.....probably more, but guess who hurts more when taxes roll around. The top 1% or the bottom 50%? Thats what I thought, if you look at it relativistically, the money that the middle class pays in taxes....equates to alot more of their monthly salary, compared to the top 1% salary. So, what hurts the country more......the rich paying more taxes and losing jobs.....or the middle class paying more taxes and losing jobs.....watch news on the economy tonight and you tell me. Nobody likes taxes here, but the way things have been going over the last 100 years indicates that the gap between rich and middle class will continue to widen as it has for decades. Obviously your precious Bush tax cuts are not trickling down are they? Ron Paul has been saying this for years.

Last edited:
The only reason the wealthy allowed women to vote and work under the constitution is not because of the womans rights movement, they dont give a shit who makes a move.....its because they finally decided it would be more profitable to allow women to pay taxes. In my opinion.

Try a larger labor force. Post WWII.

I doubt a poor person would join with other poor people and invest into building a structure. They build the structure. But who puts money in their pockets? A group of poor people or a group of rich people looking for a return (wealth goes up, the workers go up, but who goes higher?). A group of poor people vs. a group of rich people = a large amount of ppl who most likely don't know how to come together vs. a small amount of ppl who knows what they are doing and join forces with the same common goal (make money). Why do rich people join country clubs? To meet other people who could afford the $50k annual membership fee. If you don't make a lot of money, you either working there for the golf course or working for a member's company (secretary!). Shopping malls, dying breed. WalMart, Sam Walton, check his wealth as a result of WalMart. Do you think the thousands of workers of build his stores, manned his shop, could accumulate wealth. Certainly not individual. And if you are going through government, guess who's in their wallet. A congressman listen to someone poor off the neighborhood (non-election year) or a rich man who has an envelope (any season, especially for election reason). Of course, the poor are very important come election time. They talk to them like they are equal. Like we know. We really care. Once elected, back to the same old Washington politics.

Unless they [poor] joined together and become some sort of partnership. But can you get everyone in your neighborhood to pinch in and create a supply that is demanded by everyone?

? Where did you get that figure? Government revenue in terms of taxes yes, but show me a link where the top 10% are the foundations of the free market. I dont think they made shopping malls and wall-marts for the rich......do you?

Now consider this, the top 1% do earn more than the bottom 50% in this country.....probably more, but guess who hurts more when taxes roll around. The top 1% or the bottom 50%? Thats what I thought, if you look at it relativistically, the money that the middle class pays in taxes....equates to alot more of their monthly salary, compared to the top 1% salary. So, what hurts the country more......the rich paying more taxes and losing jobs.....or the middle class paying more taxes and losing jobs.....watch news on the economy tonight and you tell me. Nobody likes taxes here, but the way things have been going over the last 100 years indicates that the gap between rich and middle class will continue to widen as it has for decades. Obviously your precious Bush tax cuts are not trickling down are they? Ron Paul has been saying this for years.

Forum List

Back