U.S. Warships Approved in Hong Kong

Subic was a crap hole, except for one nice Island beach and all the nearly free hookers.

Wouldn't a nearly free hooker just be a regular slut?

I worry about our men and women consuming lead while enjoying Thanksgiving duck in Hong Kong.

Yeah, especially the part where if you fall into Hong Kong Harbor you're automatically quarantined.:shock:

That' probably the least amount of horsing around on the ferry you'll find.

ah...takin' the Star Ferry from Victoria to Kowloon for some dim sum and jasmine tea on a Sunday morning after a wild saturday night ... colorful junks setting sail all around.....good times...good times! :)

ah...takin' the Star Ferry from Victoria to Kowloon for some dim sum and jasmine tea on a Sunday morning after a wild saturday night ... colorful junks setting sail all around.....good times...good times! :)

Didn't take the Kowloon trip. Last thing I wanted to do after getting off a ship for the first time in 27 days was get on another boat.:eusa_naughty:

:lol:

Wouldn't a nearly free hooker just be a regular slut?

I worry about our men and women consuming lead while enjoying Thanksgiving duck in Hong Kong.

Knowing Chips will turn this into another ignorant attempt to claim I paid for them, I will answer your question. Any Marine or sailor at Subic would know this information anyway.

You could "buy" a woman for a month at just about any bar/dance joint for around 250 Peso's I believe. the peso rate at the time was around 8 to 10 pesos a dollar. And for a one night stand it was a hell of a lot cheaper.

E-3's living in the PI could afford household help and lawn care help because it was so cheap for that work as well. If you did not go drinking every night and buying women you could live like a King on 400 dollars a month in the early 80's. And it got even better before the fall Marcos, I believe at one point the peso rate was close to 50 Peso to a dollar.

On base you had two type of Filipinos. The stuck up ones that worked for the US Government that while still being paid less than an American were making BIG bucks and the other Filipinos that worked for individuals or on the local economy. And believe me you found out fast who worked for the US Government, they were for the most part the biggest assholes on bases.

Even here in the States you can find 2 types. those that got to the States on their own and those that married an American, the former look down their nose at the latter and consider them unworthy of associating with.

I suspect little has changed in the Republic of the Philippines. Almost no middle class, Rich and dirt poor. And the rich want nothing to do with the poor.

When we were leaving the Navy made the mistake of abandoning a small base near Subic before the PI took it over. When the PI got there, anything not nailed down was gone. As well as someone cut into an active POWER line underground and stole the copper and other metal wiring to sell. Meaning I suspect several people died cutting the power line at what ever point in the 15 mile line they first cut it.

People in the PI are so poor they live off Garbage dump leavings. The US Government was, while there, the 4 th largest employer in the Country. And we left not because we did not want the bases any more but because the new Government got greedy and thought they could blackmail us into paying a ridiculous amount of money for basing rights.

When we left they got mad that we did not leave all OUR property there for them. There was a huge fight over OUR floating Dry Dock. They demanded we leave it cause THEY had plans for it.

If you have never been around Filipinos you have never seen an interesting lot to be sure.

Ohh my wife is Filipino, we have been married for 24 years and counting. We brought her mother over in 98 and she is seeing the Naturalization people next month for citizenship. My wife has paper work in to bring one of her brothers over and as soon as her mother is a citizen we will petition for her sister most likely ( now you can only ask for one family member at a time and it takes years for it to process). We will be financially responsible for them for their first 5 years in this country.

I was never stationed there, I went for training for one month in 81, meet my future wife, we wrote letters for 2 plus years then she came to Okinawa and we tried to get married there, that failed ( cause the process is slow to verify Filipinos can legally enter the US and are not already married), I went back to the Philippines for a month on leave when the paper work finished and we got married there. Lots of fun that. The Navy was very strict and very hard to please, why you ask? Because morons met hookers and wanted to marry them the next week. While in the required classes to get married I met a MSgt that was UA to marry an 18 year old girl he barely knew that couldn't even speak english.

Knowing Chips will turn this into another ignorant attempt to claim I paid for them, I will answer your question. Any Marine or sailor at Subic would know this information anyway.

You could "buy" a woman for a month at just about any bar/dance joint for around 250 Peso's I believe. the peso rate at the time was around 8 to 10 pesos a dollar. And for a one night stand it was a hell of a lot cheaper.

E-3's living in the PI could afford household help and lawn care help because it was so cheap for that work as well. If you did not go drinking every night and buying women you could live like a King on 400 dollars a month in the early 80's. And it got even better before the fall Marcos, I believe at one point the peso rate was close to 50 Peso to a dollar.

On base you had two type of Filipinos. The stuck up ones that worked for the US Government that while still being paid less than an American were making BIG bucks and the other Filipinos that worked for individuals or on the local economy. And believe me you found out fast who worked for the US Government, they were for the most part the biggest assholes on bases.

Even here in the States you can find 2 types. those that got to the States on their own and those that married an American, the former look down their nose at the latter and consider them unworthy of associating with.

I suspect little has changed in the Republic of the Philippines. Almost no middle class, Rich and dirt poor. And the rich want nothing to do with the poor.

When we were leaving the Navy made the mistake of abandoning a small base near Subic before the PI took it over. When the PI got there, anything not nailed down was gone. As well as someone cut into an active POWER line underground and stole the copper and other metal wiring to sell. Meaning I suspect several people died cutting the power line at what ever point in the 15 mile line they first cut it.

People in the PI are so poor they live off Garbage dump leavings. The US Government was, while there, the 4 th largest employer in the Country. And we left not because we did not want the bases any more but because the new Government got greedy and thought they could blackmail us into paying a ridiculous amount of money for basing rights.

When we left they got mad that we did not leave all OUR property there for them. There was a huge fight over OUR floating Dry Dock. They demanded we leave it cause THEY had plans for it.

If you have never been around Filipinos you have never seen an interesting lot to be sure.

Ohh my wife is Filipino, we have been married for 24 years and counting. We brought her mother over in 98 and she is seeing the Naturalization people next month for citizenship. My wife has paper work in to bring one of her brothers over and as soon as her mother is a citizen we will petition for her sister most likely ( now you can only ask for one family member at a time and it takes years for it to process). We will be financially responsible for them for their first 5 years in this country.

I was never stationed there, I went for training for one month in 81, meet my future wife, we wrote letters for 2 plus years then she came to Okinawa and we tried to get married there, that failed ( cause the process is slow to verify Filipinos can legally enter the US and are not already married), I went back to the Philippines for a month on leave when the paper work finished and we got married there. Lots of fun that. The Navy was very strict and very hard to please, why you ask? Because morons met hookers and wanted to marry them the next week. While in the required classes to get married I met a MSgt that was UA to marry an 18 year old girl he barely knew that couldn't even speak english.

Your wife is Filipino and Chips thinks you were messing with Filipinp whores? Obviously, he doesn't know Filipino women or that you'd wake up with your crank carved off with a balisong if she thought you were cheating.:badgrin:

Forum List

Back