U.S. War on Lemonade Stands

Sadly this kind of stuff isn't rare these days. Just more evidence of an out control gov't doing anything and everything it can to rape its citizens.

If Life Throws You Lemons, You're Screwed Thanks to "Big Brother"

Sad what it took to end it, but when you google this happening it isn't rare at all for kids parents to get a $500 fine for this.

The minute I saw this I just KNEW it was going to be Oregon. As I clicked on the link I said to myself "how much you want to bet this is in fucking Oregon?" This place is great in so many ways and for the most part it completely rocks, but boy there are a couple things about it that really suck.

Sadly this kind of stuff isn't rare these days.

No it isn't, unfortunately. Just another in the myriad of examples of central planners run amok. They're SURE they know what's best for everyone else, all evidence to the contrary be damned. From lemonade stands to education to healthcare, there isn't any aspect of our society, economy and culture these folks don't think needs planning...and that they are the only ones that can do it right...again, all evidence to the contrary be damned.

Now stop thinking for yourself. It's dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.

If we go to war with strip clubs I am going to be on the front lines.

I watched that happen in Phoenix. There was a never a problem with the strip clubs until Jenna Jameson bought a couple and then all hell broke loose. Pissed me off because it was so completely obvious that the city was only making a fuss because she now owned them. I am not a strip club man myself - I don't see whole lot of point in paying some girl to blue ball me. If it was my girlfriend I'd be pissed. But I went to her clubs a couple times to show support because I thought it was total bullshit to attack her.

If we go to war with strip clubs I am going to be on the front lines.
I'm sure the strip-clubs will appreciate your support.

(Shouldn't you be pursuing the Snooki-Palin-route, first....whatever pageant's available?)
:eusa_think:

Here's a good article/book for you Pro$perity Theology freak$.

"The book takes on what Sandel calls the “imperialism” of economic ideas. He thinks we’re in thrall to markets and use them to answer questions that markets aren’t meant to answer. “We are in the grip of a way of looking at the world and social life and even personal relations that is dominated by economic ways of thinking. That’s an impoverished way of looking at the world,” he says.

He argues that the spread of market philosophy has created what he calls “a consumerist idea of freedom in which we think our highest freedom is what we consume."

bush_republicard.jpg

Sadly this kind of stuff isn't rare these days. Just more evidence of an out control gov't doing anything and everything it can to rape its citizens.

Sad what it took to end it, but when you google this happening it isn't rare at all for kids parents to get a $500 fine for this.

The minute I saw this I just KNEW it was going to be Oregon. As I clicked on the link I said to myself "how much you want to bet this is in fucking Oregon?" This place is great in so many ways and for the most part it completely rocks, but boy there are a couple things about it that really suck.

It happened in Columbus, Ohio too. $500 fine for a kid lemonade stand.

Its illegal for a 10 yr old girl to open a lemonade stand, but is ok to sell drugs/marywanna in California,,,right? Can you imagine a lemonade stand next to a pot shop and the cops are giving a cavity search to the kids selling lemonade?

Its illegal for a 10 yr old girl to open a lemonade stand, but is ok to sell drugs/marywanna in California,,,right? Can you imagine a lemonade stand next to a pot shop and the cops are giving a cavity search to the kids selling lemonade?

is that why the feds have been busting drug sales in cali?

this was done in Oregon, it does not implicate the entire US.

Happened in Ohio as well, that's how I heard about this. Then did a google search and found out it happened in Oregon as well.

Don't act like this is an isolated thing. Seatbelt laws, texting laws, no mcdonald's toys, can't throw a frisbee on a California beach, crazy ass laws everywhere. And it's only going to get worse.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back