U.S. Troops out of Iraq by 2012

I'm not going to put much faith in any timetable until I actually see it taking place. As far as I'm concerned we are being told what government officials in Iraq and the U.S. want us to hear.

Iraq's governing body is even more screwed up than ours where it comes to forming any sort of consensus on agreeing to anything. There are too many variables involved at this point.

This announcement is a bit too convenient for me. We could have started this process months ago if our government was committed to drawing down troop strengths.

Welcome to political spin 101.

I'm not going to put much faith in any timetable until I actually see it taking place. As far as I'm concerned we are being told what government officials in Iraq and the U.S. want us to hear.

Iraq's governing body is even more screwed up than ours where it comes to forming any sort of consensus on agreeing to anything. There are too many variables involved at this point.

This announcement is a bit too convenient for me. We could have started this process months ago if our government was committed to drawing down troop strengths.

Welcome to political spin 101.

The process has been going on for years.

Forum List

Back