U.S. Troops out of Iraq by 2012

Deal would have U.S. troops out of Iraq by 2012

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- U.S. and Iraqi negotiators have reached agreement on a proposal calling for a complete U.S. military withdrawal from Iraq by 2012, the head Iraqi negotiator said Friday.

The deal still must be approved by both sides, said Mohammed al-Haj Hamoud, deputy foreign minister and head of the Iraqi negotiating team.

Hamoud said Thursday's meeting between U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki was helpful in reaching the tentative agreement.

Hamoud said the proposal also says the last date for the presence of U.S. troops in cities and towns will be June 30, 2009.

There are clear caveats, however. Watch for details on the plan »

If the Iraqi government sees the necessity of keeping the American forces in cities and towns or in Iraq past December 31, 2011, it would ask that the Americans stay. A joint Iraqi-U.S. committee would help define the duration and number of forces that would be needed and regularly assess the security situation on the ground.

Deal would have U.S. troops out of Iraq by 2012 - CNN.com

"Hamoud said Thursday's meeting between U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki was helpful in reaching the tentative agreement."

You Go Condaleeza!!!

:clap2:

is mccain going to attack this? according to him, this will create chaos

"Hamoud said Thursday's meeting between U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki was helpful in reaching the tentative agreement."

You Go Condaleeza!!!

:clap2:

Using diplomacy ?? The audacity of these people. What happened to the cowboy diplomacy ?? :lol:

Deal would have U.S. troops out of Iraq by 2012

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- U.S. and Iraqi negotiators have reached agreement on a proposal calling for a complete U.S. military withdrawal from Iraq by 2012, the head Iraqi negotiator said Friday.

The deal still must be approved by both sides, said Mohammed al-Haj Hamoud, deputy foreign minister and head of the Iraqi negotiating team.

Hamoud said Thursday's meeting between U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki was helpful in reaching the tentative agreement.

Hamoud said the proposal also says the last date for the presence of U.S. troops in cities and towns will be June 30, 2009.

There are clear caveats, however. Watch for details on the plan »

If the Iraqi government sees the necessity of keeping the American forces in cities and towns or in Iraq past December 31, 2011, it would ask that the Americans stay. A joint Iraqi-U.S. committee would help define the duration and number of forces that would be needed and regularly assess the security situation on the ground.

Deal would have U.S. troops out of Iraq by 2012 - CNN.com

Just in time for the next elections. :eusa_clap:

Isn't this an artificial timeline? I swear, I'll never understand what goes on in the mind of the Bush administration.

Isn't this an artificial timeline? I swear, I'll never understand what goes on in the mind of the Bush administration.

no--it's when the Iraqi's feel like they can handle things on their own--like it has been from the start.

They are PUNTING the war to the next Administration!!!

They are trying to create the illusion of winning in a way that undercuts Obama's message, doesn't make themselves look like hypocrites, and if it fails they can blame the next POTUS. They are trying desperately to absolve themselves of any responsibility for the war once they leave.

This is the third time they've tried ... first it was the 16 month time horizon which got shredded ... just the other day it was the middle of 2009 which also got shredded ... now it's 2012 which makes what they are doing even more obvious!!!

They are PUNTING the war to the next Administration!!!

They are trying to create the illusion of winning in a way that undercuts Obama's message, doesn't make themselves look like hypocrites, and if it fails they can blame the next POTUS. They are trying desperately to absolve themselves of any responsibility for the war once they leave.

This is the third time they've tried ... first it was the 16 month time horizon which got shredded ... just the other day it was the middle of 2009 which also got shredded ... now it's 2012 which makes what they are doing even more obvious!!!

or the Iraqis simply need more time.

:eusa_eh:---I believe you are the one claiming it's a PR stunt.

Yeah ... I am ... regarding this specific issue ...

Shadow attempted to deflect away from the topic by using the non sequitur focused on Obama.

You do know what non sequitur means right?

Yeah ... I am ... regarding this specific issue ...

Shadow attempted to deflect away from the topic by using the non sequitur focused on Obama.

You do know what non sequitur means right?

ya---it's what democrats scream when they want to condemn republican behavior while at the same time condoning the same behavior from a democrat.

Forum List

Back