U.S. Troops Now In 4 African Countries...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Always another War to be fought, and Boogeyman to be slain. What a sad Vicious Circle Globalist Foreign Policy.

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) -- A top military official says that U.S. troops are now deployed in four central African countries as part of U.S. efforts against a brutal rebel group called the Lord's Resistance Army.

Rear Adm. Brian L. Losey, the top U.S. special operations commander for Africa, said Wednesday that U.S. troops are now stationed in bases in Uganda, Congo, South Sudan and the Central African Republic.

The U.S. announced in October it was sending about 100 U.S. troops - mostly special operations forces - to central Africa to advise in the fight against the LRA and its leader Joseph Kony.

Losey said officials are already seeing a decrease in the lethality of LRA actions, which he thinks is part of the pressure the U.S. and partner countries are applying.

News from The Associated Press

We are actually in more countries than that, I know for a fact we have a base in on the horn of Africa, a friend of mine deployed there last year.

Last edited:
We are actually in more countries than that, I know for a fact we have a base on the horn of Africa, a friend of mine deployed there last year.

Yeah, i can believe that. And this group we're supposedly fighting against, is a Christian Group. Our Government has labelled them a 'Terrorist Organization.' Meanwhile the Muslims are committing mass Genocide against Christians all across Africa. So what the Hell is our Government doing? What a mess. Our Foreign Policy is so awful.

We are actually in more countries than that, I know for a fact we have a base on the horn of Africa, a friend of mine deployed there last year.

Yeah, i can believe that. And this group we're supposedly fighting against, is a Christian Group. Our Government has labelled them a 'Terrorist Organization.' Meanwhile the Muslims are committing mass Genocide against Christians all across Africa. So what the Hell is our Government doing? What a mess. Our Foreign Policy is so awful.

Do you have the slightest notion what "The Lords Army" is all about? Hint: Mother Theresa wouldn't recognize it.

Always another War to be fought, and Boogeyman to be slain. What a sad Vicious Circle Globalist Foreign Policy.

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) -- A top military official says that U.S. troops are now deployed in four central African countries as part of U.S. efforts against a brutal rebel group called the Lord's Resistance Army.

Rear Adm. Brian L. Losey, the top U.S. special operations commander for Africa, said Wednesday that U.S. troops are now stationed in bases in Uganda, Congo, South Sudan and the Central African Republic.

The U.S. announced in October it was sending about 100 U.S. troops - mostly special operations forces - to central Africa to advise in the fight against the LRA and its leader Joseph Kony.

Losey said officials are already seeing a decrease in the lethality of LRA actions, which he thinks is part of the pressure the U.S. and partner countries are applying.

God forbid we go over their to protect innocent life.

I don't like the LRA but their capabilites have been declining in recent years, I don't see why we would go into Uganda now, the only thing I can think of is this is some kind of payback for Uganda sending peacekeepers into Somalia on our behalf a few years back.

Their idea of 'Christianity' is to slaughter men, women and children. It sickens me that you would defend that.

Their idea of 'Christianity' is to slaughter men, women and children. It sickens me that you would defend that.
Ron Paul's supporters live in a 1984 world, where Strength is weakness, peace is war, etc.

Ron Paul's supporters live in a 1984 world, where Strength is weakness, peace is war, etc.

Yea, one of the major issues with Paul, from my perspective, is their exceptionally naive (and dangerous) foreign and international relations policies. Talk about failing to learn the lessons of history.

Not defending them, just pointing out that there is an ongoing mass Genocide being carried out against Christians all across Africa. And we don't seem to be too concerned about that? So why are we intervening in this particular conflict?

Do you have the slightest notion what "The Lords Army" is all about? Hint: Mother Theresa wouldn't recognize it.

Don't care. Not our conflict. I think we have enough Wars on our plate already. We don't need any more.

Don't care.

And that is Libertarianism in a nutshell.

Good 'ol Paulitician doesn't like reality...only what supports Ron Paul... I'm thinking he's a desperate dope smoker who is frustrated at the pace of legalization of Cannabis in this country and is blindly supporting a guy who, if elected will actually work towards Paulie being allowed to toke up indiscriminately.

hey Paul....I used to like to light up myself... in fact, if it were legal? I'd even perhaps buy an occasional bag. But I'm not so strong on the subject that I would elect a crazy man like Paul just to get high legally.

God forbid we go over their to protect innocent life.
Yet Obama wants to cut the benefits of our vets and active duty

I've actually done ops on the African continent and financed one while at a headquarters command. We need to be there for strategic and economic reasons. Most countries forgot about and ignored the continent after the Cold War with the exception of money for HIV and sanitation programs. Corruption, rape, murder, drugs, and hard dying traditions have kept the African people oppressed. Kony is a bad actor no doubt and should be taken out. Our advisor role may just lead to that and our troops are getting valuable training to boot.

I've actually done ops on the African continent and financed one while at a headquarters command. We need to be there for strategic and economic reasons. Most countries forgot about and ignored the continent after the Cold War with the exception of money for HIV and sanitation programs. Corruption, rape, murder, drugs, and hard dying traditions have kept the African people oppressed. Kony is a bad actor no doubt and should be taken out. Our advisor role may just lead to that and our troops are getting valuable training to boot.

Joseph Kony has gotten away with too much for too long, this guy makes Saddam Hussein and Gaddafi look like altar boys imo.

Forum List

Back