U.S. trade deficit grows to 10-year high under Trump

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'The U.S. trade deficit grew to $621 billion in 2018, its highest level since 2008, according to a Commerce Department report released Wednesday that was delayed by the government shutdown.

The big picture: President Trump has made reducing the nation's trade deficit — especially with China — a major goal of his administration. However, the report showed a record-breaking $891.3 billion trade gap for the U.S. in goods and services and a trade deficit with China for goods that hit a record $419.2 billion.'

Despite trade war, U.S. trade deficit grows to 10-year high under Trump

President Dufus and his childish trade war strikes again.

TONS of people/organizations (including me) said back in 2016 that his tariff ideas were stupid.

And we were right.

Last edited:
I think with some more oomph we could really take advantage to benefit America as far as trade agreements go, if we wanted to. Call me crazy, but I think it didn't go far enough, and that's why it fell flat. China isn't going to fuck with us if shit gets real; that's what I believe. We could force them to capitulate on trade. We could force everybody to capitulate and give us what we want. People just aren't willing to go that far for the benefit of our nation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back