U.S. To Hand Over Iraq Bases, Equipment Worth Billions

Christians fleeing Iraq at heights never seen before even under Saddam since 2003.

Installing a gov't based on Islam.

A man with close ties to Hezbollah running the country.

Another gov't decision that racks up trillions in even more debt.

I guess if you find those things to be positives, your cheering of that war would make sense.

Then you have Libya, where we're arming admitted terrorists.

Then you have the nation building in Afghanistan, somehow rebuilding a country run by the Taliban that harbored a terrorist who attacked us is the responsibiliy of the U.S. taxpayer.

That's what we get with status quo D's and R's running things.

There isn't much of a choice in that matter, every country in the region besides Israel has their governments based on Islam, there is no way to force the Iraqis to be different and not do this.

True or not it's a fact that we did it. And I can't dismiss that as one of the reasons christians have vanished from Iraq.

Ironic, isn't it? Saddam, the dictator, essentially keeps a lid on sectarian violence, thereby protecting Christians, even though that's not his main intention. Then, Saddam is overthrown by the most religious Christian country of the West, and Christians in Iraq end up paying the price for it.

I just wonder if Christians were targeted, in part, because Bush was seen as so religious in the Christian evangelical tradition.

There isn't much of a choice in that matter, every country in the region besides Israel has their governments based on Islam, there is no way to force the Iraqis to be different and not do this.

True or not it's a fact that we did it. And I can't dismiss that as one of the reasons christians have vanished from Iraq.

Ironic, isn't it? Saddam, the dictator, essentially keeps a lid on sectarian violence, thereby protecting Christians, even though that's not his main intention. Then, Saddam is overthrown by the most religious Christian country of the West, and Christians in Iraq end up paying the price for it.

I just wonder if Christians were targeted, in part, because Bush was seen as so religious in the Christian evangelical tradition.

Not because of Bush, Christians were targetted because the Iraqis assumed they would be sympathetic with the Americans because of their shared religion, which is actually not true but it doesn't matter, Christians are being chased out in the streets and killed in Pakistan and Egypt too and there are no American troops there.

A thousand years from now nobody will give a shit.
Seeing as there never was any intention from the beginning to recoup the investment, and only a sneered at minority gave a shit then, I have a hard time ginning up any additional disgust over the whole thing.

Yeah, christians in Iraq are the ones who have been hurt the most by our invasion and occupation.

If you don't know the geography off the top of your head check out a map, the most likely places they're fleeing to are Saudi Arabia, Syria and Iran, dictatorships or theocracies based on hardcore islam/sharia law. That's where they feel safer, yikes.

So now we will spend billions more re-equipping our military..

You think this 'cleans out' the entire military, and that we'll have nothing left after this? Really?

Well we did have a shortage of nat guard equipment during Katrina since much of it had been sent to Iraq....

And that was Nat Guard equip not regular military equip.

You don't suppose that over the past decade a supply chain hasn't been established? Come on.

Yeah, christians in Iraq are the ones who have been hurt the most by our invasion and occupation.

If you don't know the geography off the top of your head check out a map, the most likely places they're fleeing to are Saudi Arabia, Syria and Iran, dictatorships or theocracies based on hardcore islam/sharia law. That's where they feel safer, yikes.

Alot of Iraqi Christians are relocating to Kurdistan, the safest place in Iraq hands down.

Alot of Iraqi Christians are relocating to Kurdistan, the safest place in Iraq hands down.

It's probably just a matter of time until Turkey invades the Kurdish area of Iraq.

It's probably just a matter of time until Turkey invades the Kurdish area of Iraq.

Turkey and Iran are launching joint attacks against the Kurds, they will invade the northern areas together once the US Military leaves completely.

Anything that can be put on a boat should be shipped back. They will destroy the building in a very short time, that is what they do best, screw things up. If you have ever travel in the Middle East you see it everywhere. Not to change the subject but take a look at the Palestinian construction work, it is never finished. It looks a lot like project housing in Chicago a year after completion. Obama can understand that.

Forum List

Back