U.S. to give Somali government guns, training

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration has decided to bolster efforts to support Somalia's embattled government, U.S. officials say, by providing money for weapons and helping the military in neighboring Djibouti train Somali forces.
The goal is to stem insurgent advances in the Horn of Africa. But the plan would commit the U.S. to a greater embrace of a shaky government atop one of the world's most chaotic states.
An administration review of U.S. policy toward Somalia found an urgent need to supply the Somali government with ammunition and weapons as it struggles to confront increasingly powerful Islamic militants.
U.S. to fund Somali weapons, training - Somalia- msnbc.com

Wwll...there's goes Libertopia.

One of the few places on earth where people are free from intrusive nanny state government and the world wants to wreck it.

Damned shame, too because I was hoping to see if that land of entirely free people would eventually become that Ayn Rand perfect society that so many of my Libertarian chums seem to think comes out of a situation where there is no repressive government to limit the rights of the individual.

all the us cares about is stablizing the shipping lines.....for the suez canal.....fuck a bunch of moral principles...it all boils down to the canal losing income due to shipping companies...taking the long way home

all the us cares about is stablizing the shipping lines.....for the suez canal.....fuck a bunch of moral principles...it all boils down to the canal losing income due to shipping companies...taking the long way home

My, Stroll... and people think I'm cynical.

You're absoluely right, of course.

• Banned
Wwll...there's goes Libertopia.

One of the few places on earth where people are free from intrusive nanny state government and the world wants to wreck it.

Damned shame, too because I was hoping to see if that land of entirely free people would eventually become that Ayn Rand perfect society that so many of my Libertarian chums seem to think comes out of a situation where there is no repressive government to limit the rights of the individual.

:lol: :clap2:

Forum List

Back