U.S. the highest taxed nation on the planet???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nat4900, Oct 21, 2017.

1. BluesLegend

BluesLegend Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,125
    Of course they are :itsok:

2. DrLove

DrLove VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +722
    For "winners", you Trumpkins are some of the the angriest folk i've ever run into!

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  3. eddiew37

eddiew37 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,473
    doc you're new here You ain't seen nothing yet They're still yapping about the 2 best presidents of their lifetimes Bill and Obama Put all their brains together might equal one

4. DrLove

DrLove VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +722
    The happy news for Captain Chaos fans is that Trump will beat Bush Jr on the Historians Worst Presidents Ever list by at least ten spots ...

In the cellar baby :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BluesLegend

BluesLegend Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,125
    Obama was so awesome the American people chose Trump rather than continue his legacy and policies...oh wait :eusa_think:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Jimmy_Chitwood

Jimmy_Chitwood Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,525
    HRC1-NP.jpg

7. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,342
    that is because we are one the of the very most corrupt countrys in the world.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  8. eddiew37

eddiew37 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,473
    Blues the truth is I think you're one anti dem here I could have a drink with without getting into a political fight BUT I can't help thinking what a god awful $#%^%$# we have now in our wh,,,Obama was a saint compared to this blabbermouth

9. Winston

Winston VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    Nope, you are the screwed up individual. Let's go over some of those "talking points". The rich don't pay their fair share. Here is the problem. A truck driver works hard. If he works really hard, logs a lot of miles, he might even make it to the top tax bracket. There he will pay almost forty cents out of every hard earned dollar in taxes. And on top of that he will, if he is self-employed, pay another fifteen percent in Social Security taxes. If he logs a little less miles he will pay twenty five cents out of every dollar in income taxes and of course, the fifteen plus percent in Social Security taxes. Now, take the rich dude. He doesn't "work" at all. He make his money in the stock market. Sitting on his ass, well he pays no more than twenty cents on the dollar in taxes, no Social Security taxes, and less than five cents in Medicare taxes thanks to the Affordable Care Act.

Hell, they even have a name for those two different types of income. The truck driver has EARNED income. The rich dude has UNEARNED income. Tell me, why the hell do we tax unearned income less than earned income. And don't give me that encourage investment bullshit. Putting money in the stock market is not investing, it is saving. And remember this, Ronald Reagan believed all income should be taxed the same.

Now, to that seize the wealth of the rich when they die. The purpose of the estate tax is not to seize anyone's wealth. It is to tax at least a portion of the value of unrealized capital gains, which is the vast majority of the wealth that flows to the beneficiaries of the rich. Let's take George Steinbrenner. He paid about nine million dollars for the New York Yankees in 1973. The Yankees are worth over three billion dollars today. Tell me, when were the taxes paid on that gain? And remember, Steinbrenner died in 2010, a rather unique year when there was no estate tax, if one chose not to pay it. Steinbrenner's heirs chose to pay it. Why would they do that.

Now don't get me wrong. I believe the wealthy carry too much of the federal tax burden. And I know exactly how to lower that burden. INCREASE THEIR DAMN TAXES. The reality is that when the marginal tax rate on the wealthy was higher they paid less of the total taxes. The problem with today is that, even though they pay a greater share of the taxes, they pay less of their income for that greater share. Can you explain why that is the case? Do you believe they pay a greater percentage of federal taxes than they should?

But one group is most certainly not paying their fair share, corporations. In the 1950's corporations paid one out of every four dollars of federal taxes. Today they can't even manage to pay one out of every ten. And they are sitting on piles of cash because there is no additional demand for them to meet due to the fact that their consumers have been sucked dry paying what used to be THEIR SHARE.

Now this Trump tax plan, he makes that corporation problem even worse. And believe it not, it makes that two different types of income worse because it provides a brand new way for the rich to create a "different" income and pay a lower tax rate. Ronald Reagan would be furious. Do you support something that Ronald Reagan would be strongly opposed? Are you a conservative or just a fool?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. NightFox

NightFox Wildling

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,601
    Wrong.... I don't "fight like hell to get right wingers elected", I have no more respect for the right wing gub'mint worshipers than I do for the left wing variety like you...

...thanks for the foaming at the mouth rant, it was good for a laugh.

Government is screwed up and folks like you just want to keep making it bigger, more expensive and more powerful, apparently the plan is to see how fucked up you can make it, so far you and your ilk are doing a GREAT job.