U.S. Supremes Tee It Up Against the USGA

Former MLB major leaguers play in old-timer's sideshows too....It doesn't make them eligible to play in the World Series.

freddie finished tied for twelfth in the masters this year.

watson finished second in the open in '09.

i guess those don't count. :lol:
Did they ride or walk?

does it matter?

according to you, they're just old timers playing in a sideshow.

certainly the game has never recovered from the horror of casey martin riding in a cart in the u.s. open.

oh, the humanity

:rofl:

so they're not playing golf? fred couples isn't a golfer?

thanks for clearing that up; i was sure they played golf on the champions tour.

:dunno:
Former MLB major leaguers play in old-timer's sideshows too....It doesn't make them eligible to play in the World Series.

You're right, they don't count, they were playing to win, guess what, they walked in all four rounds...

Did they ride or walk?

does it matter?

certainly the game has never recovered from the horror of casey martin riding in a cart in the u.s. open.

oh, the humanity

Yeah, it matters....They still walked in the big show.

The game never needed to recover, as Martin was given a special carve-out so he didn't bump another deserving player out of their tour card.

You're right, they don't count, they were playing to win, guess what, they walked in all four rounds...

try to keep up old man, the subject has moved on to how golfers on the champions tour aren't really golfers.

try to keep up old man, the subject has moved on to how golfers on the champions tour aren't really golfers.
Nobody said that....It's a different tour with slightly different rules.

Even so, you haven't named the Champions Tour player who rides during the three tournament days, or which CT player gets to ride during the PGA/USGA main event tournaments.

Could it possibly be that there aren't any?

Did they ride or walk?

does it matter?

oh, the humanity

The game never needed to recover, as Martin was given a special carve-out, so he didn't bump another deserving player out of their tour card.

but, but, it was the BIGGEST travesty in 50 years according to you.

and yet, nothing happened, except a kid got to play in the open after he sued a bunch of asshats from the usga for being morons.

:thup:

got it

I would qualify based on age and my game would belong on the senior tour, but I would still walk, Martin cried foul and he knows its about walking 72 holes, twist it how ever you want to...

does it matter?

oh, the humanity

The game never needed to recover, as Martin was given a special carve-out, so he didn't bump another deserving player out of their tour card.

and yet, nothing happened, except a kid got to play in the open after he sued a bunch of asshats from the usga for being morons.

got it

I said one of them...Try reading for comprehension.

All Martin got was that USGA made a special carve-out for him...Their rules haven't changed for any other player and the ruling doesn't affect the PGA.

But hey...I guess that the USSC could come down with a ruling that says the Red Sox are not allowed to play the World Series anymore, because their fans are such total jackasses...I 'spose that'd be good by me.

I would qualify based on age and my game would belong on the senior tour, but I would still walk, Martin cried foul and he knows its about walking 72 holes, twist it how ever you want to...

i'm sure that you'd just tear up the senior tour if you weren't so busy being a double naught spy.

got it

I said one of them...Try reading for comprehension.

All Martin got was that USGA made a special carve-out for him...Their rules haven't changed for any other player and the ruling doesn't affect the PGA.

But hey...I guess that the USSC could come down with a ruling that says the Red Sox are not allowed to play the World Series anymore, because their fans are such total jackasses...I 'spose that'd be good by me.

oh, just ONE of the BIGGEST travesties. what were some of the other BIG travesties? the new coke? hd radio? herman cain?

of course the ruling doesn't affect the pga; it's not a pga tournament and he didn't sue the pga.

duh.

if making cracks about the red sox is the best you can come up with, you need to go start a *no insult* thread, pal. :lol:

It was stupid for them to even take the case, Gomer.

What they should've done is sent you out to offer Martin a tissue.

the only ones involved here who need a tissue are you and the other asshat who thinks he can tear up the senior tour.

one of the biggest travesties in the last 50 years- :lol:

hell, take the whole box

Who said anything about tearing up the Champions Tour?

Do we really need the USSC writing the rules for games?

Dude...Brown acid....You didn't drop it, did you?

try to keep up, skippy

now could you tell me some of the other big travesties of the past 50 years.

this doesn't even rise to the level of the dh

get a grip, corndog

try to keep up, skippy

get a grip, corndog
The travesty is in its triviality.

The old del would've figured that out by now.

Back in 2001, a disabled professional golfer named Casey Martin ran afoul of a USGA rule prohibiting him from riding in a golf cart while playing professionally in golf tournaments. USGA rules required that all professional golfers walk during rounds. Casey sued the USGA, contending that his disability required him to ride in a cart or give up professional golf. The case got all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, which ruled 7-2 that Casey was right.

Casey is playing in the U.S. Open at The Olympic Club this week. He is riding in his cart.

Oh, you know that 7-2 ruling by the U.S. Supremes? Care to guess who the two dissenting justices were? That's right - those two, well known, compassionate conservatives, Scalia and Thomas.

The Casey Martin Case: The Supreme Court Takes Up Golf - TIME

He has no business riding in a cart, I don't give a dam what the court ruled...

Try walking 18 holes for four rounds in four days, then tell me about it...

This crap about accommodating everyone undermines integrity...

Ad another couple of days of practice rounds, hundreds of swings per day....on the course and the practice tee and the mental stress.....yes, walking is a big part of the game. Most that
say it aren't couldn't walk a decent length par 5.

Last edited:

try to keep up, skippy

get a grip, corndog
The travesty is in its triviality.

The old del would've figured that out by now.

no, the travesty is in your triviality.

even a newborn del could see that. :lol:

Forum List

Back