U.S Supreme Court Rules to Allow a 40 Foot Christian Cross to Remain on State Property

WHAT! What am I assuming? Are you insane??!! YOU said that we cannot live in peace and harmony. YOU!! This convinces me more than anything that there is something seriously wrong with you! Seriously wrong with how your brain works. I have not made any "assumptions" about you. I have made observations about you. Now you can call this a personal attack as I'm sure tat you will. It won't change the fact that you are a liar and that you are deranged.

Reread what I wrote. Your barriers to communication are blinding you. I'll try to help you see.

So, you're just assuming that the reason we cannot live in peace and harmony, is race based and then judging me based on YOUR assumptions about me?

What kind of person does that, Prog? Serious question. I want to know.
It appears that you are the one with the communications problem. I am not assuming anything and it is YOU who has expressed the belief that we cannot live in peace and harmony,

And then you assumed it was because of race, to give yourself the excuse to call me names.

Hey, can I play that game?

Can I assume stuff about you, and then call you names based on the shit I just made up in my head?

If I did that, btw, what type of person would I be? This is not a rhetorical question, prog, I want a serious answer.
Oh Booo Hoo! Weren't you going to post something about how religions other than Christianity get preferential treatment? That was hours ago . Instead all that you have is this lugubrious, nonsensical horseshit . Give me a fucking break!

Yes, it will take time, I am not prepared to spend right now.

Takes seconds to call you out on your bullshit about assuming race and calling me names based on your assumptions.

Are you dropping that race baiting shit now? If not, then defend it. Somehow, so I can tear apart your stupid defense and crush you like a bug.

58d71c4ff09646510d46b63fd31687f3.jpg
Who EXACTLY is making shit up? YOU claimed that I said that we cannot live in harmony because of race, and that is a lie YOU said it!

Reread what I wrote. Your barriers to communication are blinding you. I'll try to help you see.

So, you're just assuming that the reason we cannot live in peace and harmony, is race based and then judging me based on YOUR assumptions about me?

What kind of person does that, Prog? Serious question. I want to know.
It appears that you are the one with the communications problem. I am not assuming anything and it is YOU who has expressed the belief that we cannot live in peace and harmony,

And then you assumed it was because of race, to give yourself the excuse to call me names.

Can I assume stuff about you, and then call you names based on the shit I just made up in my head?

If I did that, btw, what type of person would I be? This is not a rhetorical question, prog, I want a serious answer.
Oh Booo Hoo! Weren't you going to post something about how religions other than Christianity get preferential treatment? That was hours ago . Instead all that you have is this lugubrious, nonsensical horseshit . Give me a fucking break!

Takes seconds to call you out on your bullshit about assuming race and calling me names based on your assumptions.

Are you dropping that race baiting shit now? If not, then defend it. Somehow, so I can tear apart your stupid defense and crush you like a bug.

Who EXACTLY is making shit up? YOU claimed that I said that we cannot live in harmony because of race, and that is a lie YOU said it!

Dude.

I said that these actions reveal that multiculturalism was a lie, because it shows we cannot live in peace.

YOU made it about race, based on shit you made up in your head, and then attacked me, based on the shit you made up.

This is what is happening. I understand how and why you are confused.

My conclusion was based on the actions of people like you, not on anyone's race. I was clear about that.

You ignored that and just made up shit.

Stop making up shit, I will stop calling you on it, and you can stop being confused.

Here is an interesting First Amendment church-state issue that was recently before the U.S. Supreme Court (SCOTUS) It’s a contentious issue but even a partisan hack like myself, who is skeptical of all things religious, can see both sides of- Sort of.

Supreme Court Allows 40-Foot Peace Cross on State Property

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court ruled on Thursday that a 40-foot cross honoring soldiers who died in World War I could remain on state property in suburban Maryland. The cross, the court said, did not violate the First Amendment’s ban on government establishment of religion.

The decision was fractured, and the seven justices in the majority embraced differing rationales. In all, seven justices filed opinions.

Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr., writing for five justices, said the monument did not primarily convey a religious message.

Well Sam, a Christian cross most certainly does convey a Christian message, and in fact that was the intent when it was dedicated in 1925

At the dedication ceremony, a member of Congress drew on Christian imagery in his keynote speech. “By the token of this cross, symbolic of Calvary,” he said, “let us keep fresh the memory of our boys who died for a righteous cause.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/us/politics/maryland-peace-cross-supreme-court.html

Only Ginsburg and Sotomayor dissented. Ginsburg wrote:

The Latin cross,” she said from the bench, “is the foremost symbol of the Christian faith, embodying the ‘central theological claim of Christianity: that the son of God died on the cross, that he rose from the dead and that his death and resurrection offer the possibility of eternal life.’ The Latin cross is not emblematic of any other faith.”

I tend to agree with the dissenting opinion, but there are a couple of other facts that gave me pause as to whether or not the cross should be removed.

It has been there a very long time and no doubt is seen by many as a monument to the fallen of WW! As much as or more than a religious symbol. To destroy it would be a slap in the face of the descendants of the deceased.

In addition, at the time that it was dedicated, the land was not state owned- that changed in 1969. Perhaps some sort of grandfather clause could or should be invoked in this case. There is a lot more of interest in the article and it is worth a read.

Of course, the crackpots have to weigh in:

Christian Nationalist Claims Constitution Gives Christians More Protection Than Atheists

Dazed and confused: Leading Christian Nationalist David Barton makes the false claim that the U.S. Constitution offers more protection to religious people than non-religious people.

This is the kind of crap that makes me all the more skeptical of religion and religious people. This guy is only reinforcing the idea held by some that religion is irrational, dogmatic and anti-intellectual. Instead of sticking to the plausible legal and logical arguments for the ruling, he goes off on a Christian Supremacist rant.
Only if that cross shot out lazer beams that incinerated scat eating sodomites.

Dude.

I said that these actions reveal that multiculturalism was a lie, because it shows we cannot live in peace.

YOU made it about race, based on shit you made up in your head, and then attacked me, based on the shit you made up.

My conclusion was based on the actions of people like you, not on anyone's race. I was clear about that.

Stop making up shit, I will stop calling you on it, and you can stop being confused.
Interesting how, in the same post, you admit that you don't believe that we can all live in peace, and then accuse me of making shit up. You have been railing against multiculturalism-which includes, but is not limited to race- all along.

So our inability to all get along is because of "people like me" ? You're the one who needs to stop making shit up.

And I'm still waiting for you to show us how religions- other than Christianity- push to have their symbolism displayed on public property. You made that claim days ago, but obviously have no such knowledge. You claimed that you need time to research it which is proof that once again, you just MAKE SHIT UP.

Dude.

Interesting how, in the same post, you admit that you don't believe that we can all live in peace, and then accuse me of making shit up. You have been railing against multiculturalism-which includes, but is not limited to race- all along.

So our inability to all get along is because of "people like me" ? You're the one who needs to stop making shit up.

Listen buddy, why are you wasting my time like this?

It is one thing to come here and argue with people about shit we disagree with.

But you keep making the argument about shit you make up and claim that I said it.

YES, I stated my conclusion that we cannot live in peace. ANd then you called me a racist, even though I said nothing on race. THAT was you making up shit. What part of that is confusing to you, old man?

YES, multiculturalism includes race among other things. If I made a statement about a wide grouping like that, you first of all don't get to assume what I was referring to, and if you do and I point out that I did not say that, then FUCKING ASK WHICH PORTION OF IT I WAS REFERRING TO, YOU CRAZY OLD MAN.

Don't bore me to death, wondering why I am denying saying something I didn't say. Unless you are actually getting senile, that shit is not called for.

Yes, my position is that we cannot live in peace because of people like you. THAT is what I was referring to.

You don't agree?

Then fucking challenge me to explain it. That is the way CONVERSATIONS work, you raving lib.

(and all my name calling is justified by you calling me a racist)

Dude.

But you keep making the argument about shit you make up and claim that I said it.

YES, I stated my conclusion that we cannot live in peace. ANd then you called me a racist, even though I said nothing on race. THAT was you making up shit. What part of that is confusing to you, old man?

YES, multiculturalism includes race among other things. If I made a statement about a wide grouping like that, you first of all don't get to assume what I was referring to, and if you do and I point out that I did not say that, then FUCKING ASK WHICH PORTION OF IT I WAS REFERRING TO, YOU CRAZY OLD MAN.

Don't bore me to death, wondering why I am denying saying something I didn't say. Unless you are actually getting senile, that shit is not called for.

Yes, my position is that we cannot live in peace because of people like you. THAT is what I was referring to.

You don't agree?

Then fucking challenge me to explain it. That is the way CONVERSATIONS work, you raving lib.

You have said that you don't support interracial marriage. Case closed

Dude.

You don't agree?

LOL!!! So afraid to actually discuss my actual position.

Some conservative must have really taken you to the wood shed at some point.

You're terrified of real debate.

Dude.

You don't agree?

I fear nothing from you. Bring it on, but let me remind you that this thread is about a case of religious expression on government property.

Dude.

You don't agree?

I fear nothing from you. Bring it on, but let me remind you that this thread is about a case of religious expression on government property.

You say bring it on, but you don't ask the question.

You want me to say it, so you can pretend to be confused, and claim I am walking it back or some such bullshit.

If you libs spent half as much time and energy on making the case for your policies as you do on dodging and deflecting...

you would still lose, because your policies are wrong. Which is why you play so many games.

You don't agree?

You want me to say it, so you can pretend to be confused, and claim I am walking it back or some such bullshit.

If you libs spent half as much time and energy on making the case for your policies as you do on dodging and deflecting...

you would still lose, because your policies are wrong. Which is why you play so many games.
First of all, I want you to back up your claim that Christianity is not the only religion that claims special rights to display their symbolism on public land

Secondly, I want you to explain what you mean when you say that multiculturalism does not work because of people like me.

Lastly for now, what I am confused about?

You keep dropping these stink bombs and then proceed to meander all over the map with all sorts of other crap that would confuse anyone

You don't agree?

First of all, I want you to back up your claim that Christianity is not the only religion that claims special rights to display their symbolism on public land

Secondly, I want you to explain what you mean when you say that multiculturalism does not work because of people like me.

You keep dropping these stink bombs and then proceed to meander all over the map with all sorts of other crap that would confuse anyone

1. I'll get to it, when I have some time.

2. My conclusion that multiculturalism is a lie, and we cannot live in peace together is based on the way that people like you, do not want to give Traditional Americans the rights to function as an equal group as ever other culture or ethnic group. This is not about race, but about the hostility of progressive political leadership.

3. You are the one that insists on making up shit, and then attacking me based on the shit you made up. That is why we are wasting so much time meandering all of the map. Because of you.

2. My conclusion that multiculturalism is a lie, and we cannot live in peace together is based on the way that people like you, do not want to give Traditional Americans the rights to function as an equal group as ever other culture or ethnic group. This is not about race, but about the hostility of progressive political leadership.

3. You are the one that insists on making up shit, and then attacking me based on the shit you made up. That is why we are wasting so much time meandering all of the map. Because of you.
1, Sure you'll get to it. I'm not holding my breath. As I have said, you do this shit all of the time ..... make rash statements that you cant back up and hope that they will be forgotten

2. What the fuck are you blathering about? What does we "do not want to give traditional Americans the rights to function as an equal group as ever other culture or ethnic group." mean ? It does not make any sense. It just another example of your blowing smoke up my as in an attempt to obfuscate the issue. I have said that traditions have their place and have never spoken against tradition, be it marriage or anything else. My position is that you can have your traditions, but allow others who want to move beyond those traditions to do so. But I have also said that the right to tradition , like all rights has limits. A nativity display in front of town hall pushes those limits. Deal with it. Tradition does not trump the constitution.

3. Still want to talk about made up shit? You will loose.

2. What the fuck are you blathering about? What does we "do not want to give traditional Americans the rights to function as an equal group as ever other culture or ethnic group." mean ? It does not make any sense. It just another example of your blowing smoke up my as in an attempt to obfuscate the issue. I have said that traditions have their place and have never spoken against tradition, be it marriage or anything else. My position is that you can have your traditions, but allow others who want to move beyond those traditions to do so. But I have also said that the right to tradition , like all rights has limits. A nativity display in front of town hall pushes those limits. Deal with it. Tradition does not trump the constitution.

...e.

A cross on public grounds is not an establishment of religion, nor a violation of the constitution.

Your snide pretense that it is, is what I am talking about.

A deeply held hostility to Traditional American culture.

...e.

A cross on public grounds is not an establishment of religion, nor a violation of the constitution.

Oh good fucking god!! That is your response? YOU who accuse me of not knowing how to debate? As usual, your are making a pronouncement- this time about what is constitutional without actually making an argument to support it-another appeal to ignorance.

Then you attack me for supposedly being snide and being hostile to American culture without presenting any actual evidence !! STOP wasting my time with your idiotic horseshit!

...e.

Oh good fucking god!! That is your response? YOU who accuse me of not knowing how to debate? As usual, your are making a pronouncement- this time about what is constitutional without actually making an argument to support it-another appeal to ignorance.

Then you attack me for supposedly being snide and being hostile to American culture without presenting any actual evidence !! STOP wasting my time with your idiotic horseshit!

A cross on public grounds is not "Respecting the establishment of religion".

What you are demonstrating is active hostility to any attempt by Traditional Americans to publicly practice their Traditional American culture.

To the extent that we see this from the Left, that demonstrates that Multiculturalism was ALWAYS a lie and will fail and fail massively as we move to a minority majority nation.

...e.

What you are demonstrating is active hostility to any attempt by Traditional Americans to publicly practice their Traditional American culture.

To the extent that we see this from the Left, that demonstrates that Multiculturalism was ALWAYS a lie and will fail and fail massively as we move to a minority majority nation.

Same shit different post. Is that really all that you have. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...e.

I've stated something true, and it supports my position. YOu have not addressed it.

So, that is where we are, until something changes.

...e.

I've stated something true, and it supports my position. YOu have not addressed it.

So, that is where we are, until something changes.
You have stated nothing that is true. All that you have done is to use appeals to ignorance and tradition, and lugubriously lament the loss of you white, Christian centric heterosexual society because you can't deal with the changes. Your problem. Not mine

Forum List

Back