U.S Supreme Court Rules to Allow a 40 Foot Christian Cross to Remain on State Property

The lie of multiculturalism, is that all cultures were be respected and live together in harmony, and equally.

Now we see that was a lie. Traditional American culture is being targeted.

We were tolerant, and nice, and generous. And people like you, are using it to destroy US.
Oh and by the way, I live in a multicultural community. We have Christians and Orthodox Jews. We have Muslims and Buddhists and Hindus . We have Latinos.. We have African Americans and other dark skinned people. And we have married same sex couples. Everyone wins are there are no losers. Everyone gets along. The community works. You are just angry and paranoid and I almost feel sorry for you.....almost. But mostly I thank the Goddess that I am not you.

Yeah, I bet you have "Christians" living in harmony. As long as they toe the Party Line.

You brag about being NEUTRAL about an attempt by people like you, to get rid of a FUCKING CROSS, in a cemetery.
What the fuck are you blathering about.? You have a pathological need to find hate and discord where there none. You have problems, but I knew that already.

How long was that cross there, and no one had an issue with it? 1961?

Now, suddenly people are so motivated against it, they literally took the case all the way to the Supreme Court?!
So...if something's been around for a while, we shouldn't have an issue with it? Time to bring slavery back...and child labor, folks. They were around a long time before people took issue.

So, you are equating a Christian Cross statue, with Slavery?

And I'm the bad guy for pointing out that you people are hostile to people like me?

LOL!!!!!

1. YOu will not see Christians going out of their way, to drive other religions out of the public square, like you lefties are doing to US.
Other religions to not generally violate the first amendment by assuming that they have a special right to place religious symbolism on public property

Interesting claim. How would you like to support it?
By looking around . What other religion imposes themselves with their symbolism on public property.? What other religion clams that they have special rights that are protected by the constitution above others?

1. YOu will not see Christians going out of their way, to drive other religions out of the public square, like you lefties are doing to US.
Other religions to not generally violate the first amendment by assuming that they have a special right to place religious symbolism on public property

By looking around . What other religion imposes themselves with their symbolism on public property.? What other religion clams that they have special rights that are protected by the constitution above others?

Asking me to do your work? Rejected.

So, how would you like to support your claim?

Mmm, Unable to peacefully coexist with other who are different? YOu are projecting. It is one of yours that is unable to leave Christians symbols be seen in public, without waging a campaign to get rid of them.
I am projecting? You would have to be psychotic to believe that. I described my multicultural community which I am proud of and cherish, and which you would be a pariah in.

To say that I want to ban Christian symbols in public is a bold faced lie. There is a difference between "in public" and on public property and you dishonestly ignore that fact that I am willing to consider an exception in the case of the cross in question.

Considering that I have stated that "Multiculturalism is shown to be a lie" it is pretty obvious that, yes, I DO have a problem with the "Broader aspects" of the idea.
Thank you for once again admitting that you are a racist, a xenophobe and a bigot. At least your honest to that extent.

It is very interesting that you felt a need to lie about what I just said.

If you really believe what you posted, you would have challenged me, what possible problem could I have with multiculturalism, since it is, as you seem to believe, something someone has to be evul to oppose.

Instead, you skipped that part, and just pretended that I said something that justified you calling me names.

You are a liar, and a race baiting piece of shit.

Mmm, Unable to peacefully coexist with other who are different? YOu are projecting. It is one of yours that is unable to leave Christians symbols be seen in public, without waging a campaign to get rid of them.
I am projecting? You would have to be psychotic to believe that. I described my multicultural community which I am proud of and cherish, and which you would be a pariah in.

To say that I want to ban Christian symbols in public is a bold faced lie. There is a difference between "in public" and on public property and you dishonestly ignore that fact that I am willing to consider an exception in the case of the cross in question.

Was it your poor reading comprehension that led you to miss my words " one of yours", or are you just pretending you missed it as a form of a lie?

No you can't expect me to prove a negative. I said that it is not happening. You have to show that it is .

Considering that I have stated that "Multiculturalism is shown to be a lie" it is pretty obvious that, yes, I DO have a problem with the "Broader aspects" of the idea.
Thank you for once again admitting that you are a racist, a xenophobe and a bigot. At least your honest to that extent.

If you really believe what you posted, you would have challenged me, what possible problem could I have with multiculturalism, since it is, as you seem to believe, something someone has to be evul to oppose.

Instead, you skipped that part, and just pretended that I said something that justified you calling me names.

So you are not the one who railed about the "lie of multiculturalism" with that " lie "being that we can all live together in peace and harmony? Do I have to copy and past it for you?

No you can't expect me to prove a negative. I said that it is not happening. You have to show that it is .

So, either I do the work of proving your argument, or we just assume your personal, subjective observations are true?

Good set up. You libs seem to be an one trick pony.

So you are not the one who railed about the "lie of multiculturalism" with that " lie "being that we can all live together in peace and harmony? Do I have to copy and past it for you?

So, you're just assuming that the reason we cannot live in peace and harmony, is race based and then judging me based on YOUR assumptions about me?

What kind of person does that, Prog? Serious question. I want to know.

So, you're just assuming that the reason we cannot live in peace and harmony, is race based and then judging me based on YOUR assumptions about me?

WHAT! What am I assuming? Are you insane??!! YOU said that we cannot live in peace and harmony. YOU!! This convinces me more than anything that there is something seriously wrong with you! Seriously wrong with how your brain works. I have not made any "assumptions" about you. I have made observations about you. Now you can call this a personal attack as I'm sure tat you will. It won't change the fact that you are a liar and that you are deranged.

So, either I do the work of proving your argument, or we just assume your personal, subjective observations are true?

Again. YOU show me what religion besides Christianity erects displays on public property and thinks that they have special constitutional rights to do so.

WHAT! What am I assuming? Are you insane??!! YOU said that we cannot live in peace and harmony. YOU!! This convinces me more than anything that there is something seriously wrong with you! Seriously wrong with how your brain works. I have not made any "assumptions" about you. I have made observations about you. Now you can call this a personal attack as I'm sure tat you will. It won't change the fact that you are a liar and that you are deranged.

Reread what I wrote. Your barriers to communication are blinding you. I'll try to help you see.

Again. YOU show me what religion besides Christianity erects displays on public property and thinks that they have special constitutional rights to do so.

A fair request, though not limited as you claim. I will later, look up some examples of dems happily supporting accommodations of other cultures in a way they do not grant Traditional Americans.

Short on time right now.

Reread what I wrote. Your barriers to communication are blinding you. I'll try to help you see.

It appears that you are the one with the communications problem. I am not assuming anything and it is YOU who has expressed the belief that we cannot live in peace and harmony,

It appears that you are the one with the communications problem. I am not assuming anything and it is YOU who has expressed the belief that we cannot live in peace and harmony,

And then you assumed it was because of race, to give yourself the excuse to call me names.

Hey, can I play that game?

Can I assume stuff about you, and then call you names based on the shit I just made up in my head?

If I did that, btw, what type of person would I be? This is not a rhetorical question, prog, I want a serious answer.

And then you assumed it was because of race, to give yourself the excuse to call me names.

Can I assume stuff about you, and then call you names based on the shit I just made up in my head?

If I did that, btw, what type of person would I be? This is not a rhetorical question, prog, I want a serious answer.
Oh Booo Hoo! Weren't you going to post something about how religions other than Christianity get preferential treatment? That was hours ago . Instead all that you have is this lugubrious, nonsensical horseshit . Give me a fucking break!

Here is an interesting First Amendment church-state issue that was recently before the U.S. Supreme Court (SCOTUS) It’s a contentious issue but even a partisan hack like myself, who is skeptical of all things religious, can see both sides of- Sort of.

Supreme Court Allows 40-Foot Peace Cross on State Property

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court ruled on Thursday that a 40-foot cross honoring soldiers who died in World War I could remain on state property in suburban Maryland. The cross, the court said, did not violate the First Amendment’s ban on government establishment of religion.

The decision was fractured, and the seven justices in the majority embraced differing rationales. In all, seven justices filed opinions.

Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr., writing for five justices, said the monument did not primarily convey a religious message.

Well Sam, a Christian cross most certainly does convey a Christian message, and in fact that was the intent when it was dedicated in 1925

At the dedication ceremony, a member of Congress drew on Christian imagery in his keynote speech. “By the token of this cross, symbolic of Calvary,” he said, “let us keep fresh the memory of our boys who died for a righteous cause.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/us/politics/maryland-peace-cross-supreme-court.html

Only Ginsburg and Sotomayor dissented. Ginsburg wrote:

The Latin cross,” she said from the bench, “is the foremost symbol of the Christian faith, embodying the ‘central theological claim of Christianity: that the son of God died on the cross, that he rose from the dead and that his death and resurrection offer the possibility of eternal life.’ The Latin cross is not emblematic of any other faith.”

I tend to agree with the dissenting opinion, but there are a couple of other facts that gave me pause as to whether or not the cross should be removed.

It has been there a very long time and no doubt is seen by many as a monument to the fallen of WW! As much as or more than a religious symbol. To destroy it would be a slap in the face of the descendants of the deceased.

In addition, at the time that it was dedicated, the land was not state owned- that changed in 1969. Perhaps some sort of grandfather clause could or should be invoked in this case. There is a lot more of interest in the article and it is worth a read.

Of course, the crackpots have to weigh in:

Christian Nationalist Claims Constitution Gives Christians More Protection Than Atheists

Dazed and confused: Leading Christian Nationalist David Barton makes the false claim that the U.S. Constitution offers more protection to religious people than non-religious people.

This is the kind of crap that makes me all the more skeptical of religion and religious people. This guy is only reinforcing the idea held by some that religion is irrational, dogmatic and anti-intellectual. Instead of sticking to the plausible legal and logical arguments for the ruling, he goes off on a Christian Supremacist rant.
You're right about equality of all persons, TPPatriot, but as for this, "U.S Supreme Court Rules to Allow a 40 Foot Christian Cross to Remain on State Property," I say:
:yes_text12:

Oh Booo Hoo! Weren't you going to post something about how religions other than Christianity get preferential treatment? That was hours ago . Instead all that you have is this lugubrious, nonsensical horseshit . Give me a fucking break!

Yes, it will take time, I am not prepared to spend right now.

Takes seconds to call you out on your bullshit about assuming race and calling me names based on your assumptions.

Are you dropping that race baiting shit now? If not, then defend it. Somehow, so I can tear apart your stupid defense and crush you like a bug.

58d71c4ff09646510d46b63fd31687f3.jpg

Forum List

Back