U.S. Sues Company for Importing Drugs from Canada

J

janeeng

For God's sake, first it's SARS now it's illegal drugs being shipped. Who cares about the health of people, but it's cheaper right? damn canadians.

"The defendants cause the importation of prescription drugs from Canadian pharmacies, which clearly violates the law and poses significant risks to the public health," the government said in the court filing.

"Drugs that are imported from foreign countries do not have the same assurance of safety and efficacy as drugs that are regulated by FDA," it said. "Because the drugs are not subject to FDA oversight and are not continuously under the custody of a U.S. manufacturer or authorized distributor, their quality is unpredictable."

The government said the drugs could be counterfeit or contain "erratic amounts" of the active ingredient, or could have been held under uncertain storage conditions.

"In addition, the defendants expose their customers to potentially life-threatening problems by dispensing a greater quantity of drugs than is requested by the prescribing physician

It's Canada's fault that there is a demand in the US for our drugs, which happen to be cheaper? Man, this depraved board is getting worse with every post.

This suit is all about big money. Why shouldn't we be able to get drugs from Canada if it is cheaper. I know why because the money hungry drug companies in this country would lose out. Meanwhile some old lady living on SS wil not be able to afford her drugs. Just like the RIAA.

Originally posted by vyxen
It's Canada's fault that there is a demand in the US for our drugs, which happen to be cheaper? Man, this depraved board is getting worse with every post.

I agree, that isn't canada's fault.

Why anyone would want to purchase substandard medicine from a substandard country is beyond me anyway.

Originally posted by jimnyc
I agree, that isn't canada's fault.

Why anyone would want to purchase substandard medicine from a substandard country is beyond me anyway.

They are the same drugs just at different prices. I find it odd that supposed conservatives, who constantly espouse competition, are against it this time.

Originally posted by vyxen
They are the same drugs just at different prices. I find it odd that supposed conservatives, who constantly espouse competition, are against it this time.

Physically the same drug with the same ingredients. Dispensed in improper amounts and not regulated properly.

I guess you missed the "erratic amounts of active ingredients" part. Just another drunk canadian brewing pharmaceuticals in his basement!

Originally posted by jimnyc
Physically the same drug with the same ingredients. Dispensed in improper amounts and not regulated properly.

I guess you missed the "erratic amounts of active ingredients" part. Just another drunk canadian brewing pharmaceuticals in his basement!

For your information, I don't drink. But you seem to be fascinated with it for some reason. Got a problem there, jim?

And drugs here are very well regulated, tyvm. They go through a strenuous testing period before they are approved. The USA approved drugs containing fen-phen and ephedra (we didn't), even though there were reports of pulmonary hypertension, amonst other problems caused by these drugs. And they have the audacity to say that our drugs aren't regulated enough!

It is all about the bottom line. If you think the drug companies, CANADIAN OR AMERICAN, have your health as the bottom line then you need to get a clue.

For your information, I don't drink. But you seem to be fascinated with it for some reason. Got a problem there, jim?

I was speaking about the people developing the drugs, you illiterate, non comprehending twit!

Forum List

Back