U.S. states sue Trump administration in showdown over border wall funds

The States have no standing to sue. They have no guarantee of federal drug interdiction funding, or military construction monies. Also Trump didn't have to declare the emergency, he could have just kicked the can on down the road like others have, he chose not to. So if that's the best argument the States can make, they best find better lawyers.

The states do have standing as the spending was authorized by Congress. This is going to court. Even Trump toady lawyer Alan Dershowitz says Congress' refusal to authorize spending is not a emergency. He says it is going to court. Even Trump says it is going to court, The Constitution clearly gives Congress the power of the purse.

It will go to court only because left wing judges will allow it. If you read the National Emergencies Act, the only way to reverse a declaration is a congressional joint resolution, the courts have no jurisdiction under the law. Also the emergency wasn't declared because congress did allocate enough money for the wall, it was declared because the influx of people seeking asylum have overwhelmed our capacity to process them, there are almost 1 million pending cases and counting. Just trying to process all those people are consuming assets that should be used interdicting drugs, human trafficking and other issues. So you commies can pretend all day that there isn't major issues occurring at the border, but there are.

It will go to court because it is a legitimate question. The Constitution clearly gives Congress the power of the purse. Even Trump toady Alan Dershowitz says that Congress' refusal to fund a wall is not a emergency. You are the commie here as you want to give a President unprecedented power.

The Constitution overrides a law.
Trump has around 5b for wall money (1.4b budget bill and 2-3b other money derived for other statutes he has already cited) not including the emergency funds he intends to claim. So while these guys fight over the emergency, the wall will be getting built. Once the courts have decided the emergency declaration is in fact 100% acceptable, the military and billions more will pour in to supercharge the walls progress.

The fact is that the judges can issue a injunction against building the wall. That makes it a illegal order and the military cannot obey a illegal order. If they do then they are subject to being arrested and tried.
Breaking Update!

Update!

TEXAS

Texas has a Supreme Court right under federalism under Article 4 Section 4 of the US Constitution as well as by Congressional Treaty (1845 Joint Resolution of Annexation of the Republic of Texas to the United States of America) to counter sue the states that do not wish to defend the border. Clearly Texas has been invaded. Statistical records from DPS proves this beyond a shadow of any doubt.

Texas has the superior interest over the 16 states that have sued the Executive Branch over the national emergency. The 16 states that have sued Trump have no standing on border matters. They have no authority whatsoever to challenge Executive Action on the border. If they choose to withhold support of the border then Texas must sue immediately to recoup damages including DPS wages for law enforcement.

LAW.CORNELL.EDU

The States have no standing to sue. They have no guarantee of federal drug interdiction funding, or military construction monies. Also Trump didn't have to declare the emergency, he could have just kicked the can on down the road like others have, he chose not to. So if that's the best argument the States can make, they best find better lawyers.

The states do have standing as the spending was authorized by Congress. This is going to court. Even Trump toady lawyer Alan Dershowitz says Congress' refusal to authorize spending is not a emergency. He says it is going to court. Even Trump says it is going to court, The Constitution clearly gives Congress the power of the purse.

It will go to court only because left wing judges will allow it. If you read the National Emergencies Act, the only way to reverse a declaration is a congressional joint resolution, the courts have no jurisdiction under the law. Also the emergency wasn't declared because congress did allocate enough money for the wall, it was declared because the influx of people seeking asylum have overwhelmed our capacity to process them, there are almost 1 million pending cases and counting. Just trying to process all those people are consuming assets that should be used interdicting drugs, human trafficking and other issues. So you commies can pretend all day that there isn't major issues occurring at the border, but there are.

It will go to court because it is a legitimate question. The Constitution clearly gives Congress the power of the purse. Even Trump toady Alan Dershowitz says that Congress' refusal to fund a wall is not a emergency. You are the commie here as you want to give a President unprecedented power.

The Constitution overrides a law.
Trump has around 5b for wall money (1.4b budget bill and 2-3b other money derived for other statutes he has already cited) not including the emergency funds he intends to claim. So while these guys fight over the emergency, the wall will be getting built. Once the courts have decided the emergency declaration is in fact 100% acceptable, the military and billions more will pour in to supercharge the walls progress.

The fact is that the judges can issue a injunction against building the wall. That makes it a illegal order and the military cannot obey a illegal order. If they do then they are subject to being arrested and tried.
A judge cannot override a national emergency declaration.

Reverse party affliction and it would be nonstop media coverage as to why national security is at risk. Imagine for one second if Obama, Schumer, Pelosi, et al had pushed for the wall, no argument, words nothing but words, same old vile in a different bottle game.

They did push for a wall/fence/barrier and called for $50 BILLION to accomplish that goal.

'WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A coalition of 16 U.S. states led by California sued President Donald Trump and top members of his administration on Monday to block his decision to declare a national emergency to obtain funds for building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

A view shows a new section of the border fence in El Paso, Texas, U.S., as seen from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico February 15, 2019. REUTERS/Jose Luis Gonzalez
The lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California came after Trump invoked emergency powers on Friday to help build the wall that was his signature 2016 campaign promise.

Trump’s order would allow him to spend on the wall money that Congress appropriated for other purposes. Congress declined to fulfill his request for $5.7 billion to help build the wall this year.

“Today, on Presidents Day, we take President Trump to court to block his misuse of presidential power,” California Attorney General Xavier Becerra said in a statement.

“We’re suing President Trump to stop him from unilaterally robbing taxpayer funds lawfully set aside by Congress for the people of our states. For most of us, the office of the presidency is not a place for theater,” added Becerra, a Democrat.

The White House declined to comment on the filing.'

U.S. states sue Trump administration in showdown over border wall funds | Reuters

And so it begins.

I doubt they will win...but I CERTAINLY hope they do.

Trump's declared emergency is pathetically un-Constitutional. The Founding Fathers wanted Congress to allocate funds...NOT the POTUS (even if he is a manchild, like Trump).
Trump's declared ‘emergency’ is idiocy, nothing but a lie because there is no ‘emergency’ – it’s Trump attempting to appease his frightened, ignorant, bigoted, hateful base.

And we can hope that the lawsuits succeed to the extent that they enjoin Trump from misappropriating funds allocated for defense until Trump can be voted out of office next year – this idiocy goes away when Trump goes away.
It's not an emergency to you commie bastards, but it is an emergency to us Americans who like honest and fair elections.

You so not want fair and honest elections. Republicans want to prevent people from voting except their people and if they do vote then you don't want to count them.
You are a dumb-ass.
You're saying that poor people are too poor and too stupid to figure out how to get proper ID. You're also saying that making sure that each person votes only once is preventing people from voting, when in fact it's really just preventing them from cheating.

I am talking about voter purges of voter rolls in states like Georgia. I also remember the incident where a group of senior citizens in a nursing home were taken off a bus to prevent them from voting. Then you have schemes like signature matching in Florida which gives Republicans a chance to throw out votes.

Update!

TEXAS

Texas has a Supreme Court right under federalism under Article 4 Section 4 of the US Constitution as well as by Congressional Treaty (1845 Joint Resolution of Annexation of the Republic of Texas to the United States of America) to counter sue the states that do not wish to defend the border. Clearly Texas has been invaded. Statistical records from DPS proves this beyond a shadow of any doubt.

Texas has the superior interest over the 16 states that have sued the Executive Branch over the national emergency. The 16 states that have sued Trump have no standing on border matters. They have no authority whatsoever to challenge Executive Action on the border. If they choose to withhold support of the border then Texas must sue immediately to recoup damages including DPS wages for law enforcement.

LAW.CORNELL.EDU

Texas will get laughed out of court.

I am talking about voter purges of voter rolls in states like Georgia. I also remember the incident where a group of senior citizens in a nursing home were taken off a bus to prevent them from voting. Then you have schemes like signature matching in Florida which gives Republicans a chance to throw out votes.

Why should voter rolls NOT be purged on a regular basis?

I'm sure too that you are eager to provide us with your reliable source supporting your allegations.

How is matching signatures a "scheme"?

Last edited:
He overruled Congress on appropriations. Why have a congress, if Trump is just going to do whatever he wishes,
I agree.

But, did you say a word when Obama did the exact same thing?

You, like most ithers, only care when it doesn't suit you. You didn't say a word when Obama declared an emergency in Yemen or Libya. You probably supported Obama going around Congress on DACA.

It is us against Washington. They all do shit they shouldn't but they get away with it because we keep quite when they circumvent check and balances doing something we like.

Demand proper protocal when it benefits you, not just when you don't like it.

Obama used a facial declaration of emergency to fabricate appropriations out of thin air?

'WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A coalition of 16 U.S. states led by California sued President Donald Trump and top members of his administration on Monday to block his decision to declare a national emergency to obtain funds for building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

A view shows a new section of the border fence in El Paso, Texas, U.S., as seen from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico February 15, 2019. REUTERS/Jose Luis Gonzalez
The lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California came after Trump invoked emergency powers on Friday to help build the wall that was his signature 2016 campaign promise.

Trump’s order would allow him to spend on the wall money that Congress appropriated for other purposes. Congress declined to fulfill his request for $5.7 billion to help build the wall this year.

“Today, on Presidents Day, we take President Trump to court to block his misuse of presidential power,” California Attorney General Xavier Becerra said in a statement.

“We’re suing President Trump to stop him from unilaterally robbing taxpayer funds lawfully set aside by Congress for the people of our states. For most of us, the office of the presidency is not a place for theater,” added Becerra, a Democrat.

U.S. states sue Trump administration in showdown over border wall funds | Reuters

And so it begins.

Trump's declared emergency is pathetically un-Constitutional. The Founding Fathers wanted Congress to allocate funds...NOT the POTUS (even if he is a manchild, like Trump).

Why do the Democrats want to destroy our country?

It is unconstitutional as it directly contradicts a Congress' power of the purse. Name one emergency order that violated a direct provision of the Constitution.

Simple. DACA

If you recall, it was failed former President Barack Hussein Obama who said that his executive order was not legal.

DACA Is Unconstitutional, as Obama Admitted
Sep 8th, 2017
[...]
"Responding in October 2010 to demands that he implement immigration reforms unilaterally, Obama declared, "I am not king. I can't do these things just by myself." In March 2011, he said that with "respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that's just not the case." In May 2011, he acknowledged that he couldn't "just bypass Congress and change the (immigration) law myself. ... That's not how a democracy works."

"Yet in 2012, he did it anyway. He put DACA in place to provide pseudo-legal status to illegal aliens brought to the U.S. as minors, including as teenagers. He promised them that they wouldn't be deported and provided them with work authorizations and access to Social Security and other government benefits."

DACA Is Unconstitutional, as Obama Admitted

And so it begins.

He should have never signed the bill for funding the govt. He screwed himself, since he doesn't have a pooch.

Update!

TEXAS

LAW.CORNELL.EDU

Texas will get laughed out of court.
The law says otherwise as well as Article 4 Section 4 of the Constitution.

The states’ cases have merit, they’re both appropriate and warranted given the fact Congressional Republicans lack the integrity and courage to oppose Trump.

And again, all the states need is an injunction prohibiting Trump from misappropriating any funds until the issue is resolved in the courts – ultimately the Supreme Court.

Failing that, when Trump does misappropriate funds, the states can file suit again, seeking an injunction against Trump taking any additional funds.

Indeed, the states don’t need a ‘win’ in the courts; they need only to delay the process for as long as possible. By the time a final resolution is realized through the judicial process, it could likely be close to November 2020, where the political process can finally decide the matter, and the voters end Trump’s quest for a wall of fear, bigotry, and hate by voting him out of office.

Dzyl67EWsAAN6yz.jpg

Here's the deal, I believe trump is constitutionally able to redirect funds. I think people misinterpret article 1 section 7, which gives the house power to raise revenue, to think that the house is also the only ones who can authorize spending.

I dont see that in the text of the document. It says the house is responsible for raising revenue for different departments and programs. Once that money is allocated to a department, for example, the military, the president, being the commander in chief of the military, is authorized to move that money around.

Am I mistaken? If so, please show me where I am wrong, via the constitution.

And so it begins.

Why do the Democrats want to destroy our country?

Because then and only then will they assume ultimate power and control over what’s left, which is how they were indoctrinated to aspire for.

New Topics

Forum List

Back