U.S. State Department: Israel is not a tolerant society

yea dude. thousands of years living in North America doesn't count because their cultural definitions do not match yours.

Isn't it nice to enjoy living in a culture that doesn't treat you less than the "officially" state sponsored ethnicity?

We whooped them injins, son. And gave em some scraps of land to live on. And made em walk to it.

genocide doesn't validate itself or you wouldn't have such a negative reaction to the holocaust.

enter double standard.

We conquered the land. Spoils of victory. The same way most every other nation was founded.

we're talking about the rights of NATIONS (not groups of people) to exist and whether or not they have them. we have a country here. the Indians did not. the palestinians did not.

And the NATION of Cherokee might just differ with you on their heritage on the land despite your non-inclusive definitions of what it means to be a nation. Each tribal culture was, in and of themselves, nations by their own definition even if you have a different opinion of what it takes to be one. Their validity doesn't hinge on if they wear shoes and trade paper currency like yours does.

and, the palis have been there for ages. Non-jews are still semites. They still count. do i need to remind you that canaanites predated jews? Should I HAVE to remind you that the pali presence on that land is just as valid as the jews?

Then why is Israel recognized as a nation, while Palestine is not?

smokeless gunpowder plays some role in that.

so at what point does a "nation" have a right to exist? Dogbert doesn't think they have a right to exist at ANY level.

I never said at any level. I'm simply saying by legal standards there is no "right to exist". You could make the moral argument that countries have a right to exist. However, once again, rights can not be taken away. Israel has no problem in taking away the so called "rights" of the Palis.

so at what point does a "nation" have a right to exist? Dogbert doesn't think they have a right to exist at ANY level.

I never said at any level. I'm simply saying by legal standards there is no "right to exist". You could make the moral argument that countries have a right to exist. However, once again, rights can not be taken away. Israel has no problem in taking away the so called "rights" of the Palis.

so legally, how do you prosecute Hitler? on what grounds? whatever Britain, Russia, and America say?

because a million christians are scared for their salvation and being called antisemites. If America were consistent about it's own culture of ethnic equality we'd have treated Israel like South Africa back in the 90s. Enjoying global favoritism paid for with the lives of 8 million jews in the holocaust seems to buy validity these days.

and just to add to that, shogie, dogbert said the palis had a country before Israel did, and that is false.

I'm saying they were the last ones to do so before 1945. I'm not going back to 2,000 B.C. for country borders. Personally? I find it sickening that so many people kill each other for a desert wasteland. Whoever does that end up getting the land of Israel will have to contend with all that sand having blood mixed in with it.

I never said at any level. I'm simply saying by legal standards there is no "right to exist".
And by legal standards you are exactly wrong. The right of a country's existence is fundamental to international law, as the right to exist is fundamental to civil and criminal law.

You could make the moral argument that countries have a right to exist. However, once again, rights can not be taken away. Israel has no problem in taking away the so called "rights" of the Palis.

Yep. Anti-Israel. And not overly bright.

and just to add to that, shogie, dogbert said the palis had a country before Israel did, and that is false.

they had just as much of a community presence as Natives did in North America. if they were not classified as such by Europe they must not count... you know.. like manifest destiny injuns.

Again, the FACT is that jews have a pattern of usurping that land from those who were originally on it. It's been happening since the toppling of Canaan.

so legally, how do you prosecute Hitler? on what grounds? whatever Britain, Russia, and America say?

Because a country has a set of laws. They used their military might to prosecute Hitler if he was not a coward. They have their own laws and therefore own international ruling.

For example, I could be charged with something in Iran or Singapore that's legal here in the U.S. Why is that? Because those countries have their own laws and use their police/justice system to back that up. The same thing in our case. Hitler would of been charged, given a fair trial, and sentenced accordingly.

because a million christians are scared for their salvation and being called antisemites. If America were consistent about it's own culture of ethnic equality we'd have treated Israel like South Africa back in the 90s. Enjoying global favoritism paid for with the lives of 8 million jews in the holocaust seems to buy validity these days.

We treated South Africa as a sovereign nation with the right to exist back in the 1980's

We conquered the land. Spoils of victory. The same way most every other nation was founded.

So by that argument, Iran can conquer Israel and therefore it's theirs.

Indeed. Watch how all of a sudden Iran becomes evil for doing the same thing he just cheered. Those who hold their feet on the necks of others are oft cavalier about the concept of crusaded domination.

of course. but the act would be illegal. because Israel has a recognized right to exist, in spite of your inanity.

Double standard. Because the U.N. says it's illegal today makes it okay for us to commit Genocide against the Native Americans huh? Israel has a recognized place to exist because the U.S. and her allies are willing to nuke any country that dares to fuck with Israel. That, and Israel has over 150 nukes of her own. So even if someone was to attack Israel or nuke her, they would be making that land being unable to live in for centuries. And that, would probably be some irony. Some sad irony to say the least.

they had just as much of a community presence as Natives did in North America. if they were not classified as such by Europe they must not count... you know.. like manifest destiny injuns.

They dont count anymore, inasmuch as the US is a sovereign nation. As are the Native Americans.

Again, the FACT is that jews have a pattern of usurping that land from those who were originally on it. It's been happening since the toppling of Canaan.

Been happening since the beginning of time, and its not just the Jews doin it.

Because a country has a set of laws. They used their military might to prosecute Hitler if he was not a coward. They have their own laws and therefore own international ruling.

For example, I could be charged with something in Iran or Singapore that's legal here in the U.S. Why is that? Because those countries have their own laws and use their police/justice system to back that up. The same thing in our case. Hitler would of been charged, given a fair trial, and sentenced accordingly.

so if an american woman goes to saudi arabia and drives a car, comes back to the US, she should be extradited back to Saudi to be stoned or beaten?

Indeed. Watch how all of a sudden Iran becomes evil for doing the same thing he just cheered. Those who hold their feet on the necks of others are oft cavalier about the concept of crusaded domination.

Of course, Punk here is showing a double standard. And in the same sentence that he bashes the U.N, he uses the laws of a group he has such a low opinion of. I'm not getting that quite much.

Forum List

Back