U.S. Space program was always a waste of money.

Human beings do not belong in space. Space exploration destroys bone tissue. The zero gravity weakens bones, and destroys muscle tissue.
That space money could be spent here on Earth.! People are dying every day because of drinking dirty water. Stop this insane, childish , waste of money. When are you people going to grow up.? Stop acting like children wanting a new toy rocket. Take care of the Earths responsibility first.There are to many problems here on Earth, for us to waste money out in space.!!
read the thread and you will know its not a waste of money, and leads to development of lots of technology. Hardly childish

Plus, they know that zero gravity leads to muscle atrophy, hence why astronauts exercise in space, so they use the muscles so they don't atrophy

Human beings do not belong in space. Space exploration destroys bone tissue. The zero gravity weakens bones, and destroys muscle tissue.
That space money could be spent here on Earth.! People are dying every day because of drinking dirty water. Stop this insane, childish , waste of money. When are you people going to grow up.? Stop acting like children wanting a new toy rocket. Take care of the Earths responsibility first.There are to many problems here on Earth, for us to waste money out in space.!!

You piss on science and ignore war?

Maybe you need to reacess your value system.

If we stop building guns and bombs we could easily feed and provide preventaive care to every human on earth.

Under your same thought man should never go to sea either.

Interesting that people should advocate for abandoning space and yet at the same time use a communication medium that uses space as one as it's means of transport. In terms of medicine research in space medicine has allowed for the advancement of such things as MRI and CT scanner. There are many things that human space medice research has benefited society. So to simply dismiss this is to not know the facts. Further to advocate for stopping this is to advocate for the demise of one source of scientific advancement. One other issue too, and while this may seem harsh , it is NOT the United States responsibility to see to the healthcare needs of the rest of the world. One other thing that I find interesting here, and very contradictory is that someone would advocate for scientific research on earth (oceans, etc.) and yet at the same time dismiss the space that surrounds it. I have already proven that human space flight, especially in terms of what NASA gets from a budget standpoint , the benefits far outweigh the costs and the money it gets represents less than 1% of the entire US Budget, so this talk of saving money is nonsense especially when you consider that the Administration raised NASA's budget in its re-tasking mission for climate change. I am going to say this, that I do happen to agree with Harrison Schmitt on one part and that our Govt. does not have the fortitude to actually conduct beyond LEO missions any longer and the only method by which you will ever see an American presence in space beyond LEO in terms of a human presence is in the private sector.

Interesting that people should advocate for abandoning space and yet at the same time use a communication medium that uses space as one as it's means of transport. In terms of medicine research in space medicine has allowed for the advancement of such things as MRI and CT scanner. There are many things that human space medice research has benefited society. So to simply dismiss this is to not know the facts. Further to advocate for stopping this is to advocate for the demise of one source of scientific advancement. One other issue too, and while this may seem harsh , it is NOT the United States responsibility to see to the healthcare needs of the rest of the world. One other thing that I find interesting here, and very contradictory is that someone would advocate for scientific research on earth (oceans, etc.) and yet at the same time dismiss the space that surrounds it. I have already proven that human space flight, especially in terms of what NASA gets from a budget standpoint , the benefits far outweigh the costs and the money it gets represents less than 1% of the entire US Budget, so this talk of saving money is nonsense especially when you consider that the Administration raised NASA's budget in its re-tasking mission for climate change. I am going to say this, that I do happen to agree with Harrison Schmitt on one part and that our Govt. does not have the fortitude to actually conduct beyond LEO missions any longer and the only method by which you will ever see an American presence in space beyond LEO in terms of a human presence is in the private sector.

Navy someone like 53rd Ave is just to ignorant of science to grasp whats being said here....im sorry but it had to be said....this guy would get confused watching an episode of Star Trek....

Navy someone like 53rd Ave is just to ignorant of science to grasp whats being said here....im sorry but it had to be said....this guy would get confused watching an episode of Star Trek....

I am very scientificaly inclined thank you.

Doubt it, or else you would realize the benefits of NASA and how false your previous post was.

then act like it.....if the returns on the space program was nothing in terms of benefits for mankind....then you may have a point....but since it has given the world great advancements in medicine and technology.... then it is beneficial....and far outweighs the pittance it costs....

Forum List

Back