U.S. soldiers in S Korea

Our amazing Pres. Trump is already talking about reducing the size of the U.S. military presence in South Korea, which is currently around 30,000 soldiers.

This will save the American taxpayer a boatload of money. .... :thup:

Station them on the Northern and Southern borders. :D

Our amazing Pres. Trump is already talking about reducing the size of the U.S. military presence in South Korea, which is currently around 30,000 soldiers.

When will you people learn that being a border guard is NOT a function of the the US military?

The US military's job is to kill people and break things when required, none of which is applicable to our border situation.

When will you people learn that being a border guard is NOT a function of the the US military?

The US military's job is to kill people and break things when required, none of which is applicable to our border situation.

2 minutes ago? :tomato:

Do you honestly believe that if this was to happen we would cut our military budget?

Your amazing president is averaging 6.5 lies per day. His red hatted goobers can`t get enough.

LiberalTears2_2000x.jpg

But then something has to give. North Korea doesn't need to give in to anything.
How do you know? Something brought them to the table. Maybe it's a ruse, and history tells us that's entirely possible, but that doesn't mean it's not worth giving diplomacy a chance.

Because Kim Jong Un has said he won't give up his nukes.

Trump has said he won't withdraw troops from South Korea (in order to please the North Koreans, he said he'd do it if South Korea didn't do as he wants though. More contradictions from Trump).

Trump can't be seen to lose.

Kim Jong Un can't be seen to lose.

So, you want a deal where someone has to lose in order for it to happen, and neither side is going to accept that.

It's not going to work.

It's a show. Nothing more. Both of them are in the press, both of them looking good, smiles, doing diplomacy (sort of).

They come away from a meeting with "concessions" which are like kids going "I'll trade you Dan Marino if you give me your Dan Marino card".
And yet Kim is at the table to discuss exactly that. Me personally, I don't care if he doesn't give up his nukes. We're friendly with plenty of nuclear powers, and I don't see any reason this should be any different. If Trump can get a deal to make that happen, however, that's excellent.

Not the first time North Korea has been at the table discussing that.

Yes, if Trump were to get a deal, great. But North Korea has done this before, made themselves look important and powerful, and then told the US to "fuck off" a year later.
That's true, but should we then preclude the possibility of diplomacy for all time? Times change, and this is a different North Korean leader.

No, you should always see opportunities. But you also have to be careful about when you're being played.

The problem is it looks like both sides are playing this one. It's a show. Nothing more.

I hope our wonderful Pres. Trump also draws down the number of U.S. soldiers stationed around the numerous military bases in Germany and Japan, which currently is around 40,000 troops in each country.

WWll has been over for 70+ years.

Time to fold the tent and return home. .... :cool:

President Carter said the same thing

Welcome to the lefty peacenick thing Sunni
391245839_9ea3c7c493_o.jpg

Forum List

Back