U.S. ship rescues Iranian fishermen–again

U.S. Coast Guard Rescues Iran Mariners

WASHINGTON, Jan 10 (Reuters) - Another six Iranian mariners have been rescued by American forces, this time in waters off Iraq, the Pentagon said on Tuesday, just days after announcing that a U.S. warship had rescued 13 Iranian fishermen kidnapped by pirates.

The repeated rescue operations have taken place at a moment of heightened tension between the two countries over Iran's nuclear program, which the West suspects is aimed at building an atomic bomb. Iran threatened last month to shut off the Strait of Hormuz - the world's most important oil shipping lane - if new U.S. and EU sanctions halted its oil exports.

Pentagon spokesman Navy Captain John Kirby said a U.S. Coast Guard cutter led the latest rescue mission, responding to a distress call about 50 miles southeast of the Iraqi port city of Umm Qaser. The Iranians said their ship had been taking on water.

"The six are on board the cutter right now," Kirby said.

It was not immediately clear how the six Iranians would return to Iran, given questions about seaworthiness of their vessel. The United States does not have formal diplomatic relations with Tehran, which says its nuclear program is entirely peaceful.

Last Thursday, U.S. naval forces in the northern Arabian Sea rescued 13 Iranian fisherman who were held hostages by pirates for more than a month, sending them home with food and fuel and wearing baseball caps bearing the name of the U.S. warship that freed them.

U.S. Coast Guard Rescues Iran Mariners

The Iranian government is not the standard for moral behavior.

The last time they overthrew the US government was when?
The last time they provided a batshit crazy regime, chemical weapons and prodded them to attack the US was when?

Take your time.

Use google. :D

Never overthrew the US gov't. Never will.
Last time they had a badshit regime, chemical weps, plotted an attack on US?
Today.

The Iranian government is not the standard for moral behavior.

The last time they overthrew the US government was when?
The last time they provided a batshit crazy regime, chemical weapons and prodded them to attack the US was when?

Take your time.

Use google. :D

Never overthrew the US gov't. Never will.
Last time they had a badshit regime, chemical weps, plotted an attack on US?
Today.

Canada attacked the US with chemical weapons? Or was it Mexico.

And if it was Mexico..did it involve beans? :D

Would be nice if the Iranians could cut our guy loose since we did them this solid, but I doubt it.
I'd put the odds of them reciprocating to be roughly the same as Truthsplatters posting something not mind-numbingly stupid.

However, the US should repatriate the Iranians because it's the right thing to do.

Why save there ass,they would not save yours !:cuckoo:

Because us Americans are not like them and we are better people, and the whole world can see it through these actions.

I agree but would modify your post to suggest most Americans are better people than some Iranians, the whole world can see it. Sadly the citizens of the world can also read posts by Nova and Warrior who are just like evil Iranians. Some Americans are an embarrassment to all the better people in America.

Why save there ass,they would not save yours !:cuckoo:

Because us Americans are not like them and we are better people, and the whole world can see it through these actions.

I agree but would modify your post to suggest most Americans are better people than some Iranians, the whole world can see it. Sadly the citizens of the world can also read posts by Nova and Warrior who are just like evil Iranians. Some Americans are an embarrassment to all the better people in America.

I can understand their anger though but at the same time you have to be better than that, if we killed these sailors or imprisoned them than we would be no better than the Iranians.

Forum List

Back