U.S. Senator John Kerry Being Considered For U.S. Secretary Of Defense

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
:cuckoo::cuckoo:by War News Updates Editor @ War News Updates: U.S. Senator John Kerry Being Considered For U.S. Secretary Of Defense

www.reuters.com1.jpg
Photo: U.S. Senator John Kerry

Obama Considering John Kerry For Job Of Defense Secretary -- Washington Post

President Obama is considering asking Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) to serve as his next defense secretary, part of an extensive rearrangement of his national security team that will include a permanent replacement for former CIA director David H. Petraeus.

Although Kerry is thought to covet the job of secretary of state, senior administration officials familiar with the transition planning said that nomination will almost certainly go to Susan E. Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

Read more .... Obama considers John Kerry for job of defense secretary - The Washington Post

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

More News On U.S. Senator John Kerry Being Considered For Secretary Of Defense

Secretary of Defense John Kerry? -- UPI
John Kerry 'is frontrunner for Defense Secretary job as Susan Rice set to replace Hillary as Secretary of State' -- Daily Mail
Kerry being eyed as secretary of defense, report says -- Boston Herald
John Kerry eyed as replacement for outgoing Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta: report -- New York Daily News

My Comment: The New York Times has a different take on John Kerry. What's my take .... as I had mentioned in previous posts, the White House wants someone who would be compliant to their policy of slashing the U.S. Defense budget .... if that is their criteria, then John Kerry would be the perfect person for that job.

I would normally say, “You gotta be kidding me!” But, not with this president.

:cuckoo::cuckoo:by War News Updates Editor @ War News Updates: U.S. Senator John Kerry Being Considered For U.S. Secretary Of Defense

www.reuters.com1.jpg

President Obama is considering asking Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) to serve as his next defense secretary, part of an extensive rearrangement of his national security team that will include a permanent replacement for former CIA director David H. Petraeus.

Although Kerry is thought to covet the job of secretary of state, senior administration officials familiar with the transition planning said that nomination will almost certainly go to Susan E. Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

Read more .... Obama considers John Kerry for job of defense secretary - The Washington Post

We can't let a war veteran who was smeared by SwiftBoat Vets for Lies be SecDef!

He'll fit in with the current crop in this anti-America administration.

Lurch for SoD I say!!!!!

Last edited:

www.reuters.com1.jpg

We have been talking about that in my state for about 3 months now, I live in MA.

The odds are decent but I think the odds are higher that our governor, Devaul Patrick, will be replacing Holder as Attorney General.

Kerry would do a good job

Of course he will be attacked by the party that gave us Donald Rumsfeld

Hmm.

You folks nearly put a guy up as Commander in Chief who protested for the Vietnam war, then went to France and had an auto accident with a Catholic Priest, killing his passenger.

Fer sure..

I can't believe even Obama is that big an idiot.

Hey I'm not a John Kerry or Obama fan at all but why is this a dumb move for obama?

I just think its a good move for him, get the clintons out of his admin and bring in a guy who is well respected amongst the democrat party.

I don't have the pollng, but wouldn't you think John Kerry carries a LOT of negative approval with military types?

There has got to be a dozen other guys better suited.

Unless, of course, Obama is intentionally trying to be divisive once again.

Hey I'm not a John Kerry or Obama fan at all but why is this a dumb move for obama?

I just think its a good move for him, get the clintons out of his admin and bring in a guy who is well respected amongst the democrat party.

I don't have the pollng, but wouldn't you think John Kerry carries a LOT of negative approval with military types?

Vets and current military would be completely against the likes of Kerry...

There are better choices Obama can make.. and I am not just talking people who are on 'the REP side' or whatever... there are plenty on the DEM supporting side who would be much better and accepted with greater regard

Great....let's put a traitor in the WH....for Sec. of Def???? Wow!

Plus they're looking at Susan Rice for Sec. of State! What's wrong with these people????

It fits Obama's pattern of behavior in these areas perfectly.

Secretary of Defense Kerry? (A defense secretary who never met a weapons system he didn't hate)

Actually, as a Senator who voted against every major weapons system over the last 25 years, he'd be perfect for overseeing our military, don't you think? Washington Post: ***** President Obama is considering asking Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) to serve as his next defense secretary, part of an extensive rearrangement of his national security team that will include a permanent replacement for former CIA director David H. Petraeus. Although Kerry is thought to covet the job of secretary of state, senior administration officials familiar with the transition planning said that nomination will almost certainly go to Susan E. Rice,...

Read more:
Blog: Secretary of Defense Kerry?

John Kerry would be a good choice but not at the cost of possibly losing a seat in the Senate.

Great....let's put a traitor in the WH....for Sec. of Def???? Wow!

Plus they're looking at Susan Rice for Sec. of State! What's wrong with these people????

It looks like the the direction is coming from Bill Ayers.

Forum List

Back