U.S. Said to Allow Drilling Without Needed Permits

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
Another Obama Admin. oops?

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, or NOAA, is partly responsible for protecting endangered species and marine mammals. It has said on repeated occasions that drilling in the gulf affects these animals, but the minerals agency since January 2009 has approved at least three huge lease sales, 103 seismic blasting projects and 346 drilling plans. Agency records also show that permission for those projects and plans was granted without getting the permits required under federal law.

Everyday there is something in the news about Government failures yet ravi and jillian and the libs want them to continue to control everything... :cuckoo:

U.S. Said to Allow Drilling Without Needed Permits - NYTimes.com

From your link:

Responding to the accusations that agency scientists were being silenced, Ms. Barkoff added, “Under the previous administration, there was a pattern of suppressing science in decisions, and we are working very hard to change the culture and empower scientists in the Department of the Interior.”

Ditto:

“You simply are not allowed to conclude that the drilling will have an impact,” said one scientist who has worked for the minerals agency for more than a decade. “If you find the risks of a spill are high or you conclude that a certain species will be affected, your report gets disappeared in a desk drawer and they find another scientist to redo it or they rewrite it for you.”

Another biologist who left the agency in 2005 after more than five years said that agency officials went out of their way to accommodate the oil and gas industry.

He said, for example, that seismic activity from drilling can have a devastating effect on mammals and fish, but that agency officials rarely enforced the regulations meant to limit those effects.

He also said the agency routinely ceded to the drilling companies the responsibility for monitoring species that live or spawn near the drilling projects.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, or NOAA, is partly responsible for protecting endangered species and marine mammals. It has said on repeated occasions that drilling in the gulf affects these animals, but the minerals agency since January 2009 has approved at least three huge lease sales, 103 seismic blasting projects and 346 drilling plans. Agency records also show that permission for those projects and plans was granted without getting the permits required under federal law.

Everyday there is something in the news about Government failures yet ravi and jillian and the libs want them to continue to control everything... :cuckoo:

Well, I never. Looks like my statement about the Obama Administration being partially responsible is accurate. Go figure..... I must be:

a. Really smart.

b. Have really good sources.

c. Both.

The answer is c.

Ask the right people the right questions, get the right answer. I should high five myself.

Well, I never. Looks like my statement about the Obama Administration being partially responsible is accurate. Go figure..... I must be:

a. Really smart.

c. Both.

The answer is c.

Ask the right people the right questions, get the right answer. I should high five myself.

How about D. None of the above.

a. Really smart.

c. Both.

The answer is c.

How about D. None of the above.

Nope, definitely c. Cuz I posted about this days ago. And I was right. So I'm smart and I have good sources. D is you - D for Dunce.

Still waiting for you to point out the lie about the BBC.

So you're arguing for much more draconian regulation and oversight before any more drilling is allowed...

...I agree with you.

a. Really smart.

c. Both.

The answer is c.

Well it can't be c, because I've seen enough from you in the past to indicate that it can't be a.

:razz:

a. Really smart.

c. Both.

The answer is c.

Well it can't be c, because I've seen enough from you in the past to indicate that it can't be a.

Well, let's see. How many people on this board have asked about a timeline for the process leading up to the drilling?

I can tell you the answer. Two. Exactly two of us asked about timelines.... one was me, the other was Huggy. Now, pretty much anyone on this board knows that Huggy and I are not exactly friends - in fact, pretty much the opposite.... About the only thing we've ever agreed on is that one thing.... We need to establish a timeline of the process - likely to stretch over several Administrations - to know enough to make an informed judgement on responsibilities.

So, since most of you aren't smart enough to recognize the need for a timeline, I'm gonna stick with c. I am smart enough to ask the right questions, and I have sources who know the answers.

Therefore, the answer remains c. despite any whining from the droolers.

a. Really smart.

c. Both.

The answer is c.

Well, let's see. How many people on this board have asked about a timeline for the process leading up to the drilling?

I can tell you the answer. Two. Exactly two of us asked about timelines.... one was me, the other was Huggy. Now, pretty much anyone on this board knows that Huggy and I are not exactly friends - in fact, pretty much the opposite.... About the only thing we've ever agreed on is that one thing.... We need to establish a timeline of the process - likely to stretch over several Administrations - to know enough to make an informed judgement on responsibilities.

So, since most of you aren't smart enough to recognize the need for a timeline, I'm gonna stick with c. I am smart enough to ask the right questions, and I have sources who know the answers.

Therefore, the answer remains c. despite any whining from the droolers.

Except your whole case is built around trying to mitigate the drillers' responsibility, which is insane.

Forum List

Back