U.S.S.R, err, I mean, U.S. maintaining SECRET prisons

You were asked to provide neither hypothetical. You WERE asked to provide evidence to support your accusations; which, you have not, and replied merely with deflections.

If you honestly want a link to provide evidence of the secret prison program which Bush just told the entire f'ing nation about last week, then well, you know what, YOU WIN! That's right, you won the argument. Now go away, and remember kid, don't be a fool, stay in school.

Depends on whether or not you consider rights under our treaty obligations to be "Constitutional" or not. The Constitution binds our treaties into supreme law, but the rights under our treaties are certainly not written in the Constitution. Its really just a question of definition, though, so I wouldn't get too upset over it. You can either consider the rights under the Geneva Conventions to be a kind of Constitutional right, or a separate set of rights that the Constitution protects but which are not part of the Constitution - either way, I don't care.

john kerry is that you?

Glockmail clearly asked you for what clause of the Geneva Convention calls for us to disclose the location of prisons.
Article 23

The Supremacy clause of the Constitution isnt part of the Geneva Convention.

??? Why would you think I was trying to imply that?

OK, I tell you what, you go ahead and tell me what the Supremacy Clause means.

Nor would Al Qaida members have any claim on the protections of the Geneva Convention because treaties are reciprical agreements among states.

The convention applies to the occupation of any nation which is/was a party to the agreement.
It further requires that a competend tribunal review the cases of all detainees to determine whether or not they are entitled to POW status. Can you point me to the results of tribunal proceedings which have done this?

What I am confused about, as I am sure many people who know anything about the law are, is what law does the treatment of these people fall under? We are a nation of laws, correct? So if neither the Constitution nor the Geneva Conventions are the laws which regulate the treatment of these people, what body of law does?

Al Qaida is not a state. It has not signed the Geneva Convention. Why you insist on granting them rights not entitled to them through US and International law is beyond human comprehension.

Depends on whether or not you consider rights under our treaty obligations to be "Constitutional" or not. The Constitution binds our treaties into supreme law, but the rights under our treaties are certainly not written in the Constitution. Its really just a question of definition, though, so I wouldn't get too upset over it. You can either consider the rights under the Geneva Conventions to be a kind of Constitutional right, or a separate set of rights that the Constitution protects but which are not part of the Constitution - either way, I don't care.

You appear to be spinning. I asked you point blank how the Geneva convention grants Constitutional rights to our enemies. The fact of the matter- it does not. Nor does it grant Geneva protection for terrorists, who themselves have a battle plan that reads like a list of war crimes.

In my opinion, these terrorists should all be killed. The ones that we catch alive should be bled of all information as quickly as possible using any technique that works. If that means the Al Capone method of pliers and blowtorch, then so be it. We are certaintly in our rights to do so.

You appear to be spinning. I asked you point blank how the Geneva convention grants Constitutional rights to our enemies. The fact of the matter- it does not.

Well, OK, if you already knew the answer, why were you asking me?

Nor does it grant Geneva protection for terrorists, who themselves have a battle plan that reads like a list of war crimes.

Then what law does govern the treatment of terrorist suspects?

In my opinion, these terrorists should all be killed.

Of course that's your opinion, I figured that out already from your authoritarian stance on things.

But considering you would have liked to torture and murder hundreds of helpless prisoners who were not terrorists, merely once mistakenly thought to be, surely demonstrates that you are no better than a terrorist yourself. I truly hope that the pain you and the righties have adminstered to innocent men you mistakenly thought were terrorists is felt by you in the afterlife for all eternity.

If that means the Al Capone method of pliers and blowtorch, then so be it. We are certaintly in our rights to do so.

No actually, a little while back the Congress passed a law making toture illegal. Oh, that's right, I forgot, pliers and blowtorches are "alternative" methods of interrogation, not torture.

hair-dryer-ch.jpg

Flip switch for another answer from ST

Let's use some common sense. If our international prison locations were not kept secret, you would see them being attacked much like the U.S. Embassy in Syria tody. Only more so, as al Qaeda gets very cranky over us imprisoning their operatives.

Well, OK, if you already knew the answer, why were you asking me?

Then what law does govern the treatment of terrorist suspects?

Of course that's your opinion, I figured that out already from your authoritarian stance on things.

But considering you would have liked to torture and murder hundreds of helpless prisoners who were not terrorists, merely once mistakenly thought to be, surely demonstrates that you are no better than a terrorist yourself. I truly hope that the pain you and the righties have adminstered to innocent men you mistakenly thought were terrorists is felt by you in the afterlife for all eternity.

No actually, a little while back the Congress passed a law making toture illegal. Oh, that's right, I forgot, pliers and blowtorches are "alternative" methods of interrogation, not torture.

We don't even KNOW "alternative" methods of interrogation.

Course, if we asked your "good buddies" in Iran or ANYWHERE in the middle east, I'm sure they could educate us.

Look, ASSHOLE, we are the last of the BOYSCOUTS, once we're gone, heaven help the rest of civilization.

And, that's no BULLSHIT...............:talk2:

Forum List

Back