NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
I believe this documentary is available on Netflix.

I know that our government hides some things from us, but it's interesting to see in retrospect the absolute paranoia about the continental U.S. being bombed by the Russians. And while there may have been valid concerns for some of their actions (Operation Northwoods not included), the PSAs and other proproganda about us being able to survive a nuclear attack is confounding even after they conducted tests with mannequins which ended up with them completely dismembered.

My favorite is the "House in the Middle".

Last edited:
I have read that many Japanese survived the initial blast at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They were under cover. Had they stayed there to avoid the radiation fall out that occurred after, they might have survived.

Last edited:
I have read that many Japanese survived the initial blast at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They were undercover. Had they stayed there to avoid the radiation fall out that occurred after, they might have survived.
If you have not seen the documentary I advise watching it. At one point there were commercials advertising the benefits of "radiation". It also discusses when the military conducted their first underwater test how they had no plan for the ships in the area to avoid the radiation contamination and that the navy at one point was was attempting to wash down their ships using sea water that had been contaminated from the unwater blast.

While I wasn't yet born during the time of some of the more blatently false public service announcements I do remember though that we used to have bomb drills in elementary school where we had to drop and hide under our desks.

Forum List

Back