U.S. Prices drop at Record pace, China wary of Unrest, warns us

Note to China: Here in the US we have a long history of knowing how to deal with unrest.

We'll even shoot and kill college students if they get out of line.

AND, for anyone who thinks any different .. REX 84 .. already staffed and prepared.

Note to China: Here in the US we have a long history of knowing how to deal with unrest.

We'll even shoot and kill college students if they get out of line.

AND, for anyone who thinks any different .. REX 84 .. already staffed and prepared.

You left off a whole list of incidents which could include the infamous race riots of the 20th century, etc. Our government even took military action against veterans (Google Walter W. Walters or Bonus March or July 1932). Some folks might be shocked at the names they see were involved in that little soir`e!

You left off a whole list of incidents which could include the infamous race riots of the 20th century, etc. Our government even took military action against veterans (Google Walter W. Walters or Bonus March or July 1932). Some folks might be shocked at the names they see were involved in that little soir`e!

Mac Arther, Eisenhower and a few other biggies from WW2 and WW1. They also disobeyed the President's orders to NOT enter the tent city and instead as I recall drove them out and burned it down.

Mac Arther, Eisenhower and a few other biggies from WW2 and WW1. They also disobeyed the President's orders to NOT enter the tent city and instead as I recall drove them out and burned it down.

Yep...Maj. George Patton was there too. This should give some insight into the question that was asked about the US military taking orders from the President against the civilian citizens of this country.

Yet another thing I learned AFTER I finished school. I don't think our schools teach much of anything. We studied the depression and we NEVER coverd the "Bonus Army". I had to learn that watching a PBS documentary.

They killed a baby in that fire, I think the mother may have died as well, I'm not sure, it's been awhile since I saw that documentary.

All because our government refused to give our vets what they were promised when they needed it most.

They killed a baby in that fire, I think the mother may have died as well, I'm not sure, it's been awhile since I saw that documentary.

All because our government refused to give our vets what they were promised when they needed it most.

Actually the Government did not say they would pay them then. As I recall the Bonus was not for a few years yet. And it would be Congress that refused to pay it.

The President directly ordered Mac Arther to NOT enter the Tent city, he was not to cross the bridge. Hoover just wanted the street cleared.

A baby did indeed die during the event but it is unclear how. There is some controversy over who started the fire as well. All and all an ugly incident to be sure.

I left a lot of shit out .. not the least of which is the Trail of Tears.

But you're correct.

Again we agree brother .. but that can never be the excuse.

Not an excuse...a fact. Those with a Machievellan bent would view such events not only excusable but necessary. I suspect those with a more Utopian view would view such events as tragic.

The Chinese government is shitting itself. The recent conversion to capitalism has created a few winners and a lot of losers. The losers are controllable as long as they can see some improvement for themselves. If that's dashed then they have nothing to lose. China may have a huge internal security apparatus but they have a huge population as well and if that population got cranky, well, who knows what could happen?

If China suffers internal unrest then the rest of us, especially my country which is relying on trade with China to keep us out of big economic trouble, are going to feel the effects.

The Chinese government is shitting itself. The recent conversion to capitalism has created a few winners and a lot of losers. The losers are controllable as long as they can see some improvement for themselves. If that's dashed then they have nothing to lose. China may have a huge internal security apparatus but they have a huge population as well and if that population got cranky, well, who knows what could happen?

Sounds familiar...:eusa_whistle:

Actually the Government did not say they would pay them then. As I recall the Bonus was not for a few years yet. And it would be Congress that refused to pay it.

The President directly ordered Mac Arther to NOT enter the Tent city, he was not to cross the bridge. Hoover just wanted the street cleared.

If memory serves, the 'Bonus' was due in 1945?

Forum List

Back