U.S. Posts Largest-Ever Monthly Budget Deficit in February

Wasn't any big deal to you moonbat asswipes when eight years of deficits under Oboingo doubled the federal debt, so why does it matter now?

spoken like the true Trump sheep that you are.

No, its just that dems didn't care one bit about O blowing out the debt..........now, mysteriously, they do. Their tears are dry.

You are correct, and the Repubs whined about it daily...now the Repubs do not care one bit about Trump blowing out the debt...their tears are dry?

So, what we have are two sides that are identical to each other, yet hate each other.

There's a difference between growing the debt and reducing the tax burden. One is a parasitic activity the other is a dynamic activity. At first they appear to do the same thing....but it's just an appearance.

Jo
Correct. The laws must change to remove the mandated spending. There should be no law that says government MUST spend X number of dollars on X programs.

When Trump's defict gets up to Obama's $10 trillion then we will discuss it.

By the way, speaking about spending more money than we take in these stupid Democrats were bitching last month about Trump cutting back on their precious welfare programs.

The filthy ass Democrats don't give a shit about deficits, just paying off the welfare queens to vote for them.
No, the point is we should be discussing it BEFORE it gets to Obama level lunacy.

Tax revenue is actually up, but I'm sure you'll have some cherry picked metric.

How long are you people going to keep parroting this lie?

From the government's own numbers.

Monthly Treasury Statement

The results of the first 12 months of the tax cuts...

Total revenue in CY17: $3,343,634,000,000
Total revenue in CY18: $3,330,470,000,000

That is $13,164,000,000 less in 18 than in 17.
So, we see from this chart that total revenue to the US government is:

Total Direct Revenue
Revenue FY 2014 --> 3,021.5
Revenue FY 2015 --> 3,249.9
Revenue FY 2016 --> 3,268.0
Revenue FY 2017 --> 3,316.2
Revenue FY 2018 --> 3,329.9
Revenue FY 2019 --> 3,437.7

Source: US FY20 Federal Budget Actual Revenue Breakdown - Charts

Sure looks like it increased each year and is estimated to increase the next FY. Which makes sense because the population, both people and business, is growing larger.

I gave you the exact number directly from the government's own ledger, and this is your response?

Bottom line, since the tax cuts were made law, revenue has decreased.

Nope we can fix it the Maduro way. 101% tax on everything including flush handles and cow farts...

We'll be golden! Trust me!

Jo

What’s your solution ?
Cut government until our outlays are less than our income.

Yes....with a 2%/year average reduction most of which can be easily accomplished
By targeting fat and waste. Won't even have to touch social security.

Jo

That is the way to go, 2% a year for the next 5 years. Every agency, every department, including the DOD.

After those 5 years we can do more targeted cutting.

If the e-growth continues such as it has been in less than five years we should be seeing Shrinkage in the debt....

Jo
Not as long as baseline budgeting exists.

When Trump's defict gets up to Obama's $10 trillion then we will discuss it.

By the way, speaking about spending more money than we take in these stupid Democrats were bitching last month about Trump cutting back on their precious welfare programs.

The filthy ass Democrats don't give a shit about deficits, just paying off the welfare queens to vote for them.
No, the point is we should be discussing it BEFORE it gets to Obama level lunacy.

we are already there.

Get back to Me when you get two more years BEYOND when the tax cuts were enacted. Nothing happens immediately.

So, you agree that tax revenue was not actually up...even though you lied and said that it was?
It is up. It is NOT up to the extent the Trump said it would be.

Total Direct Revenue

Sure looks like it increased each year and is estimated to increase the next FY. Which makes sense because the population, both people and business, is growing larger.

I gave you the exact number directly from the government's own ledger, and this is your response?

I provided a link, where is yours?

Get back to Me when you get two more years BEYOND when the tax cuts were enacted. Nothing happens immediately.

So, you agree that tax revenue was not actually up...even though you lied and said that it was?
It is up. It is NOT up to the extent the Trump said it would be.

It is not up, fuck dude...I gave you the numbers from the government itself. In the first 12 months of the tax cuts revenue was DOWN. This is a proven fact.

The only reason FY18 was up is because the first 3 months of the FY came before the tax cuts.

Total Direct Revenue

I provided a link, where is yours?

in my first post listing the drop in revenue...here is again. I made it bigger so you can find it.

Are lefties saying that the deficit is going up because Americans aren't taxed enough? Meanwhile the President tries to get a better trade deal with China and the crazy left fights him every step of the way. When the President tries to stem the flow of illegal immigrants who impact federal funding to the breaking point the crazy left campaigns for open borders. You almost gotta laugh when Hillary raves about her exaggerated claim that half of the millions of illegals pay taxes. When the President tries to streamline government and cut out redundant and useless programs the crazy left fights him tooth and nail. The only time the crazy left rants about the deficit is during a republican administration. The deficit went up every year of the Obama administration and we got nothing from it but promises and a GDP that never even reached 3%.

. The only time the crazy left rants about the deficit is during a republican administration.

The only time the crazy right rants about the deficit is during a Democrat administration.

The deficit went up every year of the Obama administration and we got nothing from it but promises and a GDP that never even reached 3%.

The deficit went down every year after 2010...

upload_2019-3-24_10-41-15.png

Are lefties saying that the deficit is going up because Americans aren't taxed enough? Meanwhile the President tries to get a better trade deal with China and the crazy left fights him every step of the way. When the President tries to stem the flow of illegal immigrants who impact federal funding to the breaking point the crazy left campaigns for open borders. You almost gotta laugh when Hillary raves about her exaggerated claim that half of the millions of illegals pay taxes. When the President tries to streamline government and cut out redundant and useless programs the crazy left fights him tooth and nail. The only time the crazy left rants about the deficit is during a republican administration. The deficit went up every year of the Obama administration and we got nothing from it but promises and a GDP that never even reached 3%.

Then you need to include Fiscal Conservatives in your list for lunatics. Yes, we are still out here but you keep mistaking us for Liberals. The last real Fiscal Conservative that we had as President was Ike. And Nixon was also close. Since then, both sides spend, spend, tax, tax like there is no tomorrow. And there might not be one of these days.

You almost gotta laugh that the hypocrite left's latest scheme is to brainwash a generation of kids into believing that the world is going to end in 12 years unless we stop using fossil fuel and go back to the freaking stone age.

You almost gotta laugh that the hypocrite left's latest scheme is to brainwash a generation of kids into believing that the world is going to end in 12 years unless we stop using fossil fuel and go back to the freaking stone age.

what does that have to do with the topic of the thread?

My Stone age includes an Electric Vehicle that costs about a quarter per day to operate versus my gas guzzler parked next to it used for day to day needs. Most drives are less than 40 miles a day and an electric can do that standing on it's head. The cost per 20 miles is only about a dime for operations. Even the repairs and upkeep is a fraction of the cost of the gas Guzzler. But I do keep my gas guzzler around because it does things that the EV can't do and I have a real honest go God Gas Guzzler that gets a whopping 11mpg in the form of a Ford F-250 Camper Special. If you are going to save money on transportation, do it right. If you are going to guzzle gas, do it right as well. Why not do both.

The cost of EVs are going down. I just happen to make my own so I get a more stripped down vehicle without all the unnecessary frills and thrills you seem to demand. But I have all that and more in my Gas Guzzler. I would have it any other way. But I don't drive the gas guzzler on a daily basis. I would have to own an oil company to afford that. But there is nothing wrong with pushing EVs. The demand for EVs is higher than the supply right now and I am seeing more and more commercial charging stations cropping up even here.

The Netherlands has become the first country to become Zero Carbon. It can be done. The Netherlands is an oil exporter. They can't really use much Solar but their wind and hydrodynamics powers most of their country. I look for other countries to continue working in that direction. Yes, including the United States. Better for us to become a Zero Carbon Country and export out oil to countries that like killing themselves slowly.

Democrats and Republicans don't want to deal with the deficit, just point the finger. Administration by administration, it has been one disaster after another.

Let's take a fast look. Okay, more jobs are being done. It shows in the unemployment roles. Now, here is the truth.

Only those actively looking are counted on that role. The ones that just gave up and went home are no longer counted.

Yes, there are more jobs. But it's not necessarily being done by more people. We have had a slight decrease in full time employment but a huge increase in part time employment. Walmat used to have 60% full time and 40% part time workers. But right around 2010, they changed to 40 full time and 60 part time. How do I know this? I used to work for that sorry company. Today, the ratio for part time versus full time is even worse in Walmart and many are afraid for their jobs even if they are only working part time. Couples work there so that both of them can have an income equal to a full time job. The part time jobs are counted with the same levy that the full time jobs are on the Employment Listings you keep hearing about doing so well.

More people are working 2 part time jobs or sometimes 3 in a given household.

Those people are also slowly sinking. Even with the minimum wage increases, the cost of living outstrips the COL. Each year, they sink further into being poor. The Middle Class is all but gone.

In the 60s, we didn't count part time work against the employed listings. You had to have a full time job. Mostly, it was the man that worked and the women weren't counted. The reported employment rate was hovering right around 6 percent. Today, the employment rate is listed right around 5 percent give or take. This is for all men and women. Now, let's remove the part time jobs from the count. All of a sudden we are at about a 25% unemployment rate using the same way it used to be reported even with counting women in the figures. The Unemployment rate during the depression before the CCC and WPA was 24%. What is the difference? We, the Sheep are told we are doing better. The Government is lying out of it's ass to prevent panic. That's the only difference between a recession and a depression.

If you are doing better, good for you but the majority of the country is slowly slipping.

And don't bother screaming, "Cite, Cite, Cite" this has already been covered over and over. Each and every point. And that generates more "Jobs" but less taxable income. In otherwords, deficits grow.
You can thank Ovomitcare for the rise in pert-time jobs.

You liberoidals never learn because you really don't GAF.

Democrats and Republicans don't want to deal with the deficit, just point the finger. Administration by administration, it has been one disaster after another.

Let's take a fast look. Okay, more jobs are being done. It shows in the unemployment roles. Now, here is the truth.

Only those actively looking are counted on that role. The ones that just gave up and went home are no longer counted.

Yes, there are more jobs. But it's not necessarily being done by more people. We have had a slight decrease in full time employment but a huge increase in part time employment. Walmat used to have 60% full time and 40% part time workers. But right around 2010, they changed to 40 full time and 60 part time. How do I know this? I used to work for that sorry company. Today, the ratio for part time versus full time is even worse in Walmart and many are afraid for their jobs even if they are only working part time. Couples work there so that both of them can have an income equal to a full time job. The part time jobs are counted with the same levy that the full time jobs are on the Employment Listings you keep hearing about doing so well.

Those people are also slowly sinking. Even with the minimum wage increases, the cost of living outstrips the COL. Each year, they sink further into being poor. The Middle Class is all but gone.

In the 60s, we didn't count part time work against the employed listings. You had to have a full time job. Mostly, it was the man that worked and the women weren't counted. The reported employment rate was hovering right around 6 percent. Today, the employment rate is listed right around 5 percent give or take. This is for all men and women. Now, let's remove the part time jobs from the count. All of a sudden we are at about a 25% unemployment rate using the same way it used to be reported even with counting women in the figures. The Unemployment rate during the depression before the CCC and WPA was 24%. What is the difference? We, the Sheep are told we are doing better. The Government is lying out of it's ass to prevent panic. That's the only difference between a recession and a depression.

If you are doing better, good for you but the majority of the country is slowly slipping.

And don't bother screaming, "Cite, Cite, Cite" this has already been covered over and over. Each and every point. And that generates more "Jobs" but less taxable income. In otherwords, deficits grow.

Cable TV, Netflix, smart phones, Uber...all cost money and were not around in the 60s life is more expensive and to afford it some have to work more or go without. Cry me a river.

I don't use Cable TV or Netflix or Uber...... etc.. I watch TV over the air and refuse to pay the 90 bucks a month for Cable TV to get anything worth watching. You seem to believe that all of are living the life or Riley. I choose not to for the most part. I used to be considered Middle Class. Today, with the same percent of income, I am just above poverty. And I am doing better than over 50% of the population of the United States. I bring in about 32K a year income with deductions for Medicare and dental insurance. My Healthcare is the VA. I have two retirements coming in, SSI and Military Retirement. I have it pretty damned good actually. What I don't understand is how the normal person working for anything less than 22 bucks an hour can make it since they don't have the options available I have. 10 bucks an hour, slipping off into oblivion. 15 bucks an hour, I consider poverty wages. 22 bucks an hour I consider a living wage where you can afford the insurance and a nice place to live with good food on the table, nice clothes for your kids and actually have a small amount of disposable income.

I remember a time in my life when my Father took boiled potatoes to work for lunch so that the rest of the family could have the Pinto Beans for lunch. I know what it's like to be poor. You seem to not be able to experience empathy. Others don't seem to have that problem.

And others that do work are doing without even today. One out of every 5 children are living at or below poverty. Count the children the next time you walk down the street and guess which ones are living in poverty. But you don't have a clue. Those one out of 5 children are doing without necessary things every day and it's not their choice. And in many cases, it's not the Parents choice either. Try a little empathy for a change. It'll make you a better person.

Only able to report what happened in Kansas, Brownback promoted the same tax cuts for corporations & business that Republicans have now put in place for the whole United States. result small towns now abandoned, hospitals closed, working & middle class struggle. Kansas Republicans realize the disaster & shut Brownback down.

You can thank Ovomitcare for the rise in pert-time jobs.

You liberoidals never learn because you really don't GAF.

Actually, it goes by the Reagan's time when he removed much of the Competition Laws and removed a lot of the taxes for really big business and uber rich fat cats. That is when the reporting system changed and the Businesses took full advantage of everything. Just one of those things was the reporting that part time jobs counted as full time jobs in the employment figures. All of a sudden, the companies could get rid of a percentage of their full time jobs which, in turn, gets rid of full time benefits. That left them more money for their luxury toys and off shore bank accounts. And it's continued to get worse each year.

You ultrarightwingers want a revolution? Keep going. You may get one but not one to your liking. The ONLY reason for the New Deal was to prevent the hungry, cold unemployed ARMED veterans from the Spanish American and the Great War from burning the country to the ground. There are so many similarities from the late 1920s to today that it should scare the hell out of you. Just remember, not all people that disagree with you are unarmed. And if we use your own playbook, let's not really go there. Let's fix the problems.

Forum List

Back